Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Sam603

Default Errol NH to Wolfeboro

Hope to make this trip this season, pending this snow sticks around? Been several years since I have ridden the lakes region, has anyone done this recently or know the best route? I’m assuming thru parts of Maine would be best. Thanks for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Sam603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
sunsationdave

Default Errol to Wolfeboro

Hello Sam 603
I usually do a trip from Winnipesaukee to eroll
Your best bet from eroll would be to head south 19
Berlin Gorham through Maine to North Conway North Conway to Ossipee when you get to Ossipee you can either go over to the castle in the clouds to Wolfeboro I'll stay on the railroad tracks in Ossipee down to Polly's Crossing take that trail to Wolfeboro
It's probably a hundred and forty miles at the most
Nice ride if the conditions are good

Dave
sunsationdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #3
ultrarider

The trail is closed from Ossipee just south of Rt 171 to Corridor 22/26 (cotton valley rr tracks) Can't get to Wolfeboro unless you travel over a lake or two. I live on the RR tracks, and this closure restricts me from riding north. Also the trail south of Castle In the Clouds, may be closed. I thought I heard it has been rerouted, but the GPS Trailmaster map still has it closed.

Check it out here--

http://www.gpstrailmasters.com/conte.../snow-map.html
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ultrarider For This Useful Post:
SPT13 (01-23-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
sunsationdave

Default Trail

The trail off the rail tracks at Polly's Crossing in Ossipee
Has been open this year it's rerooted you can go to transfer to the power lines to Wolfeboro I just did it this weekend Polly's Crossing towards Wolfeboro injunctions off to Castle in the clouds parking lot it was closed for a couple years which is now opened again
sunsationdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarider View Post
The trail is closed from Ossipee just south of Rt 171 to Corridor 22/26 (cotton valley rr tracks) Can't get to Wolfeboro unless you travel over a lake or two. I live on the RR tracks, and this closure restricts me from riding north. Also the trail south of Castle In the Clouds, may be closed. I thought I heard it has been rerouted, but the GPS Trailmaster map still has it closed.

Check it out here--

http://www.gpstrailmasters.com/conte.../snow-map.html
I thought the trail from the castle parking lot south to Ambrose (direct access to the lake from there) was still open for use, at least it was last year. If so it's a long haul across the lake to Wolfeboro but can be done with solid ice conditions.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
Sam603

My goal would be get to my home in Winter Harbor and would prefer not to travel much by lake. I see some gaps in the trail system in that area on the map you copied thanks.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I thought the trail from the castle parking lot south to Ambrose (direct access to the lake from there) was still open for use, at least it was last year. If so it's a long haul across the lake to Wolfeboro but can be done with solid ice conditions.
That trail you've referenced is still open. Go from Castle Parking lot down to Ambrose Cove to the lake. Take a left and head into Moultonborough Bay and at the end of the Bay head left for Melvin Village marina. There's a trail that goes by the marina, across Rt 109, next to the firehouse, and puts you back on the powerlines heading toward transformer hill.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam603 View Post
My goal would be get to my home in Winter Harbor and would prefer not to travel much by lake. I see some gaps in the trail system in that area on the map you copied thanks.

If you are in Winter Harbor you should be able to pick up the trail by the Libby Museum and jump across Mirror Lake to the unplowed part of Lang Pond Road follow that across 109A and take a left up across those fields to the power line and then follow the power lines past the Wolfeboro Club Snack Shack and then up into Ossippee.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #9
Sam603

I’m assuming I would need to cross Winter Harbor to get to the Libby Museum trail?

Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM   #10
SAB1

Yes I would expect so if your not on rt 109 but winter harbor is plenty safe. If u didn’t want to do that I’m sure u could park a trailer behind the museum
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote