Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Warren T

Default Where are all the fishermen...

I keep my eye out for someone posting info about what they are catching and what they are using to catch them... Bass...

I will be at Winni in a couple weeks... What's the fishing like?
Warren T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Winnilifer

Default Fishing

I fished for bass this passed weekend and yesterday (Monday) as well. Caught alot of bass Sat and Sun and really not much action at all on Monday. I attributed that to weather (front moving through) alot of feed visible in the water yesterday. Water temps are warming up 66/67 F. I was using spinner bait and mepps seemed to be hitting white and shartruse colors.

On beds soon they will hit anything.
Winnilifer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnilifer For This Useful Post:
Warren T (06-12-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
PaugusBayFireFighter

The weather has been playing games with spawning and the fishing has been hit or miss lately. Like Winnilifer said... very soon, if not already, they will be bedding and hitting anything that goes near them. I've had great success with a Gary Yamamoto 5" cut tail and 5" senko in watermelon with red/black flake.
Good luck!
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
The weather has been playing games with spawning and the fishing has been hit or miss lately. Like Winnilifer said... very soon, if not already, they will be bedding and hitting anything that goes near them. I've had great success with a Gary Yamamoto 5" cut tail and 5" senko in watermelon with red/black flake.
Good luck!
Isn't the spawn over at this point? I believe you can't keep Bass from the 15th of May to the 15th of June since they are on the beds during that period.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
MikeF-NH

very strange spawn this year. With air/water temps soaring during the heat wave them plummeting with subsequent rains and cold spells, there didn't seem to be a mass movement to the beds and as they moved up, they seemed to back off then up and off again. Lake temps last weekend were as cold as I've seen them this late in the season.

That said, I'm basing this on mid May observations (nothing on beds) and 2 trips last weekend where I found 90% abandoned beds. and far less beds in areas that historically are loaded.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
PaugusBayFireFighter

Bass are off the beds and settling into their summer hiding places. I've been concentrating on docks, boats and any tree cover. Caught several good size bass in under three feet of water, so they are there!
Caught this Chain Pickerel off my docks this week. Impressive teeth on these guys!!
Attached Images

PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
GTO (07-01-2013)