Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
AC2717

Default Cost for Termite/Carpenter Ant Service

Does anyone have a ballpark of what a home treatment cost would be for carpenter ant/termites. Have a fairly new place built and would like to keep it that way, had some issues with the ants last year and was able to ward them off myself but wanted to get an idea on what average cost might be for a seasonal treatment.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

There are different treatments for carpenter ants and termites.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Does anyone have a ballpark of what a home treatment cost would be for carpenter ant/termites. Have a fairly new place built and would like to keep it that way, had some issues with the ants last year and was able to ward them off myself but wanted to get an idea on what average cost might be for a seasonal treatment.
We use JP Pest and are paying $165 or something quarterly for rodents and termites. Until we added the rodent piece in fall after hearing activity, we were paying $300/yr. for termite service.

We've used JP for bats, ants, termites, stingy-flying-bugs (not sure if they were wasps/hornets, etc.), and rodents and they've been AWESOME. For those who know me here, I'm really picky and very price-sensitive, but every time I call JP Pest, it's super easy, the price is incredibly reasonable, and the problem goes away instantly.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:47 PM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Different services

You really need to talk to a company or two.
We had Terminix on the island several years ago, they did OK but suggested that anything they could spray, I could buy at Lowe's. We signed up for a one time treatment and they kept calling every quarter to do the next visit. They never figured out what an island is. Garfield will do island work. JP Pest will not.
I do use JP Pest for rodents and they spray the yard for ticks as a separate service. They come quarterly for rodents (mice) but at the same time look for insect issues and will treat if needed. Everything is automatic-I get email reminders and reports, they bill my credit card. After the first year or so, they've found all the holes and fixed them, so it's mostly cleaning and re-baiting traps, but they're more conscientious about it than I would be. I recommend both Garfield and JP Pest. Maybe $400/year, but thousands if the bugs get in and you're not on top of it right away.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #5
MeredithMan

Default I second JP Pest..

...We use them both at Meredith and in Bedford. Mr Think is correct...about $150-$160-ish per quarter. Have found their people to be very thorough, professional, and friendly.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #6
Loub52

A 3rd endorsement for JP Pest
Old 03-03-2021, 08:53 PM   #7
phoenix

i have a service twice a year for 185 each time and it works. They also bait for mice in the winter since i am not there Pm me if you want more info