Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Fast Algae

Default List of restaurants with dedicated docks?

Hello all,
We will be spending a week on the water at Winni, and we were wondering if there was such a list somewhere?

I know about the public docks at Meredith, but was wondering about restaurants with dedicated dockage.

Thanks!
Fast Algae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Very Few

There are very few restaurants with their own docks. However, many of the municipal docks at the towns on the lake have several restaurants within walking distance. Meredith and Wolfeboro are the two towns with the most restaurants near the docks.

Pick up a copy of "Boating Secrets". It is free and in many of the area businesses. It has a lot of information about local restaurants and access.

I am curious why you care if the restaurants have "dedicated dockage". If I can dock and it is a short walk to a good restaurant, all is good. I am not too concerned about who's dock it is as long as I can legally tie up there.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

This list may help. There are lots of accessible restaurants but very few have their own dedicated docks:

http://www.bizer.com/w2eat.htm
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
depasseg

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17387
depasseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Fast Algae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
There are very few restaurants with their own docks. However, many of the municipal docks at the towns on the lake have several restaurants within walking distance. Meredith and Wolfeboro are the two towns with the most restaurants near the docks.

Pick up a copy of "Boating Secrets". It is free and in many of the area businesses. It has a lot of information about local restaurants and access.

I am curious why you care if the restaurants have "dedicated dockage". If I can dock and it is a short walk to a good restaurant, all is good. I am not too concerned about who's dock it is as long as I can legally tie up there.
Thanks, I will look for that boaters secrets on day one.

On the dedicated dockage, I am used to that on the lake where I live, I like it better than public docks, although, I have used public ones many times - but establishment docks have less traffic. I'm sure I will be using the pubic docks on Winni too.

I *know* Wolfeboro is in my immediate future! I have stayed at Lake Waukewan before, so I am familiar with Meredith.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
CL 240 LS

Alton has Shibley's, Naswa at the Weirs Channel and Margate in Paugus Bay
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #7
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 240 LS View Post
Alton has Shibley's , Naswa at the Weirs Channel and Margate in Paugus Bay
Add Lago at Bay Point, Meredith
blacksheep (07-10-2014)
Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
Blazen

The Inn in Wolfeboro has their own dock and a good restaurant.
Blazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
SAB1

I think that Sandy Point in Alton had one if I recall correctly. It was small and I think you had to let them know you wanted a spot but my buddy pulled and they tied us up and off we went.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #10
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Canoe

"Canoe" in Center Harbor will send a car to the public docks if you ask. Short ride, no charge, great food. Lyons Den in Glendale is good. Public docking there is limited to the "3 hour" dock. The other docks are for Gilford Island Residents.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #11
kayleigh

We can make our own list here feel free to add: shibleys, town docks, lago, lavinia, canoe, weirs, jp china, blue bistro, margate, wolfeboro inn, jo greens, upper deck, baileys thats all I can think of
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #12
Fast Algae

Thanks folks. If the weather is great, that should keep us busy! One in each direction.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #13
jrc

Garwoods in Wolfeboro has a small dock. Jo greens and the upper deck are at the Wolfeboro town docks they don't have their own dock.

The Town Docks restaurant is at the Meredith town docks and has a dock that people assume is theirs. As does the fancy restaurant at Church landing.

And don't forget the bar at Aqua Marina, near the Weirs.

There is an ice cream shop with a dock in the Weirs channel, long name I can't remember.

If you can fit under the bridge in Wolfeboro, there used to be a dock in Back bay for the restaurant back there.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #14
jrc

Just remembered - Donna Jeans diner has a dock in the Weirs channel, parking there on a weekend would be interesting but a weekday may work.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #15
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
The Town Docks restaurant is at the Meredith town docks and has a dock that people assume is theirs. .
I always thought that was the Town Docks Restaurant dock. You're saying its not?
Old 07-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #16
kayleigh

Thinking ownership of that part of the dock is by mills falls. So basically same thing
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
depasseg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I always thought that was the Town Docks Restaurant dock. You're saying its not?
I think the one right in front of the restaurant (room for ~2 boats) is theirs.

The huge 3 dock setup in front of the parking lot with the telephone pilings (room for ~25 boats) is the Meredith public town docks.
depasseg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to depasseg For This Useful Post:
blacksheep (07-15-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #18
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Not attractive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Just remembered - Donna Jeans diner has a dock in the Weirs channel, parking there on a weekend would be interesting but a weekday may work.
That dock (as well as that building) are in rough shape. I am not sure I would tie my boat there. I would rather tie up at the Weirs Beach public docks and walk than take a chance at a dock that looks shaky and unsafe. It would be nice if they repaired it. But then you have the brown house next door..............
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #19
fpartri497

Quote:
That dock (as well as that building) are in rough shape. I am not sure I would tie my boat there. I would rather tie up at the Weirs Beach public docks and walk than take a chance at a dock that looks shaky and unsafe. It would be nice if they repaired it. But then you have the brown house next door..............
I too would never tie up to that dock. It looks like It would collapse if you stepped on It.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #20
gslpro

Have tied up there many times. Dock is not shaky at all. Biggest issue is timing the untie, and then launch into channel traffic, and also the current coming through depending on the dam outflow rate. I get breakfast at Donna Jeans all the time.

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"
gslpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #21
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Algae View Post
Hello all,
We will be spending a week on the water at Winni, and we were wondering if there was such a list somewhere?

I know about the public docks at Meredith, but was wondering about restaurants with dedicated dockage.

Thanks!

Fast Algae, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #22
Overlake97

Default The ice cream shop is "Liliuokalani's."

In response to JRC, who wrote "There is an ice cream shop with a dock in the Weirs channel, long name I can't remember."

I had to look it up.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #23
jrc

As far as I know all the docks on the Meredith boardwalk are town docks not the property of the restaurants. The big exception is the dock for the kayak rental place, that is clearly private. Lago's is private as well but that really not part of the boardwalk.

I dock at any of the docks near Church Landing or the Town Dox and then eat at Giuseppe's. There are no signs telling me not to dock and no signs indicating private property.

BTW I don't dock at the pump out station unless I'm pumping out. The signage is unclear.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
blacksheep (07-15-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #24
Misha888

Default Akway Marina Grill and Bar

My sister and her friends went here last Monday and said it was fabulous with easy docking.

http://www.akwamarina.com/akwagrill.htm

I haven't been yet, our boat is still up on blocks. I'll need to speak to the Mr. about that.

Enjoy your stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Algae View Post
Hello all,

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #25
Greene's Basin Girl

Akwa Marina has floating docks. A group of us went there a few weeks ago and some of us felt dizzy walking on the floating docks. I asked if the dish I was ordering had mushrooms and the server said it didn't. Sure enough it came with mushrooms! I was not impressed with the food or the server at all. I will give them another try though- maybe it was an off day.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #26
WJT2

Default Dockage

KONA Mansion Inn if it is still operating will send a car to bring you up to restaurant. Great time there and good food. HARTS Turkey Farm will send a car to Meredith town Docks. Dockside in Alton short walk from public docks. NASWA has great food and service. Anyone remember the Golden Horseshoe on Spindle Point?
WJT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #27
robk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Akwa Marina has floating docks. A group of us went there a few weeks ago and some of us felt dizzy walking on the floating docks. I asked if the dish I was ordering had mushrooms and the server said it didn't. Sure enough it came with mushrooms! I was not impressed with the food or the server at all. I will give them another try though- maybe it was an off day.
That is so funny that you mentioned the dizzy feeling cause I felt the same way when we tied up and we're walking toward shore. It was a rough Saturday afternoon on the bay and the dock was really rocking. We had apps and drinks at the beach bar and everything was pretty tasty and service was fast. My 6 year old had almost a half pound of steamers by himself! The cherry mojito was pretty tasty...
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robk For This Useful Post:
blacksheep (07-20-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #28
RLW

Smile

robk , I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in August 2012. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Thanks for coming on board and giving your thoughts. Please do not stop and come back to the forum real soon.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #29
diz

Default Dock at Donna Jeans

Quote:
Passed the docks at Donna Jean's tonight:
Attached Images

diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #30
tom-sr230

Default who owns em'

I saw the docks in the channel like that the other day..i went and checked it out and the pilings and wood is all rotted. I do not know who owns them or is responsible for them but they are handy. it is too bad they are rotting away, we have used them to go to donna jeans and to run and grab snacks or ice at the gas station..
tom-sr230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #31
SIKSUKR

Maybe thats the water accessible handicap ramp?