Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Toyorelle

Default St. Patrick's Day

Being Irish, my immediate and extended family always take St. Patrick's day off to celebrate our heritage. Starts in the morning and run's all day. It's a great day to see friends and acquaintances that you haven't seen in a while and load up on corned beef and cabbage. Just wondering if anyone else, Irish or not, liked to do the same and if there were any favorite places people go year after year. Since i'm from the Merrimack valley in Mass, we go to Kilkenny's pub in Lowell and finish the day at the Claddagh in Lawrence. I've never celebrated around the lake and would like to hear what places people like to meet up at. Happy St. Patty's and be safe!
Toyorelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
LakesRegionSpirit

Default Tuftonboro Celtic Concerts

I am doing a story on the musical concerts held at the Tuftonboro church, across the street from the Tuftonboro General Store.
Owned by Teri and Greg Heppe, the next Irish concert is scheduled for Sunday night, March 29. After the concert the Heppe's invite everyone back to their house for some Irish Stew.
You all should check it out. Seating capacity is 125 or so, so arrive early.
Concert starts at 7 pm.
www.LakesRegionSpirit.com
LakesRegionSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Is the Cu Na Mara Irish Pub still open on Newfound Lake? Their website is down. Has it gone out of business?

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Resident 2B

Default Porthole Pub in Lynn

For at least the past 30 years, the family and the neighborhood folks I grew up with go to the Porthole in Lynn either on the 17th or the evening of the 16th. Tradition lives again this year!

If it was not for this tradition, I would be at Patrick's Pub in Gilford. It reminds me of the Porthole to some extent. It is a very enjoyable place.

Enjoy the day!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Pontoon Goon

Default Cu Na Mara is still there

McDude Cu Na Mara is still there. They had Johnny Gardner performing live there last month. It was a great take.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
trfour

Default Eire Pub....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyorelle View Post
Being Irish, my immediate and extended family always take St. Patrick's day off to celebrate our heritage. Starts in the morning and run's all day. It's a great day to see friends and acquaintances that you haven't seen in a while and load up on corned beef and cabbage. Just wondering if anyone else, Irish or not, liked to do the same and if there were any favorite places people go year after year. Since i'm from the Merrimack valley in Mass, we go to Kilkenny's pub in Lowell and finish the day at the Claddagh in Lawrence. I've never celebrated around the lake and would like to hear what places people like to meet up at. Happy St. Patty's and be safe!
No need to be Irish to enjoy the celebration and heritage! I so enjoyed the in house cooked and thin sliced tender 1/2 pound and delicious roast beef sandwiches at the Eire Pub 395 Adams ST. in Dorchester, MA. $1.25 at the time. "Melt In Your Mouth".

Toyorelle, no need also for you to change your tradition other than when you decide to visit the Lakes Region, a must include for you would be to visit Patrick's Pub! The festive atmosphere, Awesome food and service enjoyed by the patrons, employees and owners is second to none 365 days each and every year!!

http://www.patrickspub.com/index.php

Check it out. And I'm just a very happy customer.
T

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Skiing at Waterville Valley is down from 64 to 17 dollars, just today for Saint Patty's day. Plus, they dump green dye into the sno-making and cover all 50 trails, with BRIGHT GREEN SNOW, top to bottom!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Gunstock Too!

From Laconia Daily Sun
Quote:
$17 lift tickets at Gunstock Mountain Resort Today for Skiiers Wearing Green

Gilford - The weather on Tuesday is for real spring skiing and what better way to have fun on St Patrick’s Day. If you wear green on Tuesday, March 17 you can ski and ride all day at Gunstock Mountain Resort for just $17. Gunstock wants to paint the mountain Shamrock green, the entire Gunstock team has been encouraged to wear green to get into that springtime mode! There will be games, prizes and giveaways throughout the day. Check out the special food offerings in the cafeteria. Additionally, there is a leprechaun hiding in the main lodge — seek him out then bring him to the Welcome Center and claim your prize package.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote