Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > ForumFests > ForumFest VI (2009)
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
riverat

Default Great Time at The Fest! Thank You All!

It was such a blast meeting Forum members at the Fest this year, Great People, Great Food, Great Raffles, and even Great entertainment by the Sweet Adelines! What a way to spend a day, my party of ten enjoyed themselves very much and wanted me to thank you All for such a good time. And I would also like to thank the Captain and his Crew for a very enjoyable cruise.
Special Thanks to Rattlesnake Gal & Guy and Don.
Riverat & Friends
Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Moss Creek Media

It was fun putting "real" names to the forum names, and the weather was good!

Kirk
Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking ForumFest VI Was Great!

We had another successful ForumFest today! It was wonderful to see so many Forum friends. (How did I miss meeting Moss Creek Media? ) We missed those of you that were supposed to attend as well as many other Forum regulars that just couldn't make it. Grant, I'm sorry to tell you, but you missed another good one! Maybe next year???

Everyone was so very generous! We raised $2,025 for The Salvation Army Food Pantry in Laconia! Thank you very much for your generosity!
Mount Washington Cruises raised $750
WinnDixie donated $50
Winnipesaukee.com donated $100
Abrevaya family donated $100
Rattlesnake Guy and Gal donated $100
Winnipesaukee.com's annual ForumFest Raffle for Charity raised $925
I would like to thank everyone who helped to make this day a great one. Meredith Lady and Rattlesnake Guy, you were super terrific!!!

There is much more to say and so many to thank, but I just cannot think straight to get it right. So, until tomorrow or Monday...
Old 08-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
(How did I miss meeting Moss Creek Media?)
Me too!

After a rainy start it turned out to be a perfect summer day for the ForumFest cruise. It's always great speaking to so many old and new forum members and I only wish I had more time to speak to everyone. Thanks to everyone who came, donated and participated but a special thanks to this year's organizer, Rattlesnake Gal and her assistants Rattlesnake Guy and Meredith Lady. You guys did a fantastic job!

I've created a new PhotoPost category for the pictures. Here's one of everyone boarding today along with other passengers:

Old 08-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
Meredith lady

Default I had a blast!!

The Fest was wonderful and I was glad to get out and meet alot of people from the Forum.
Don-our webmaster (and family)-it was good to meet you and you were a wonderful MC!
Celia-aka RG-you pulled it all together and made it happen and you did a fabulous job! I am proud to call you "friend".
RG-glad we had some time to chat and get to know each other a bit better-you are one terrific guy!
The raffle and donations are sure proof positive that we here in the Lakes Region care about our charities. (There was just an article in the paper today about the Center Harbor Food Pantry closing). Thanks to all of you for your generosity and once again-I had a great time!! See you on the forum!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Sorry I missed it...

I did watch you folks sail by from the beach at the Timberman!

Great job, what an impressive amount was raised.

Who won all the raffle prizes?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
WinnDixie

Default Happy...and sad

I'm sad I missed being at the Forumfest, and will be looking forward to all the pictures and news about it. But, I am SO HAPPY to see the nice amount of $$ raised! It is a very worthy cause! All of us who could give and who could have the fun of attending, or participating by just watching from where ever we are....we are the blessed ones. Nice job RG...and company.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Rattlesnake Gal

Arrow I Will Need Help Filling in the Blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Who won all the raffle prizes?
Need help remembering and I might have some mixed up, but here goes

Photo from Sunset Bob's gallery
Quilt Lady – The Grand Prize! - Won by JacksonB
Sunset Bob - Eight framed photos (Three sets) - Airboat Guy & DBA
Rattlesnake Guy & Gal – New Hampshire 24/7 by Rick Smolan & David Elliot Cohen - Mr & Mrs Hermit Cover
Rattlesnake Guy & Gal - Custom Mount Washington Coasters - Dow Island Man's Wife, Tracy (eillac@dow's sister)
LakesRegionSpirt – Two subscriptions to Lakes Region Spirit - Mr & Mrs Hermit Cover
WriterRay - "The Lakes Region of New Hampshire: Four Seasons, Countless Memories" - Winni-Retired's guest, Lennie and his wife
Olde Bay Diner - $20 Gift Certificate -
Olde Bay Diner - Homemade bread, one cinnamon and one raisin - Quilt Lady
Penny Candy Shop - A candy basket - Island Girl
Flags Over Winnipesaukee - Flag Afghan -
Red Cranberries - Meredith Lady
The Old Country Store - $25 Gift Certificate -
Funspot - Two $20 Gift Cards & Four $10 Gift Cards - Al, The Skipper of the Sea Que and Winni-Retired's guest, Tom, won the 10.00 gift certificate. Meredith Lady won two $20 gift cards
Steve A. - First Edition .. Winnipesaukee A Potpourri by E. Palmer Clarke -
SIKSUKR - $50 for the Raffle! - Rattlesnake Guy
Pine Cone Cafe' - Two $25 Gift Certificates -
Kevin's Cafe at the Pier - $25.00 Gift Certificate - Just Sold
Bizer - Mee-n-Mac
The Crazy Gringo - Two $25 Gift Certificates - Mr & Mrs Hermit Cover &
A.J.'s Bait and Tackle - $20 Gift Certificate - Pineedles
Wolfeboro Inn - An overnight stay and dinner for two!!! - Winni-Retired's wife!
Pineedles - $50 for the raffle! -
Stone Gate Vineyard and Winery - A private wine tasting & vineyard tour for up to 15 people! - riverat
McDude - Two sets of historic photographs reproductions from The Postcard Workshop - DBA & Airboat Guy
Gator Signs - $50 Gift Certificate - Rattlesnake Guy
Acres Per Second - The Matrix, written by APS - Mee-n-Mac
Island Girl - Collage of the first 20 Antique Boat Show posters - Rattlesnake Gal
rrr - $50 Worth of Scratch Tickets - Jill (The Webmaster's Daughter)
riverat - 1929 Lake Winni DVD that was originally donated by Carguy at the LSP Fest -

Let me know if I missed any!
Rattlesnake Guy had a great idea for next year - We should save one prize for the very end and draw a ticket from all of the non winners. I like it!

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 09-04-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Add more names
Old 08-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Winni-Retired

Default Wolfeboro Inn - An overnight stay and dinner for two

My wife won this outstanding prize ... we are very pleased
Old 08-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
Winni-Retired

Default Funspot - Two $20 Gift Cards & Four $10 Gift Cards - Al, The Skipper of the Sea Que a

One of my guest .. Tom, won the 10.00 gift
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Winni-Retired

Default WriterRay - "The Lakes Region of New Hampshire: Four Seasons, Countless Memories

My other guest, Lennie and his wife, won this
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
Meredith lady

Default funspot gift cards

I was the lucky winner of two Funspot gift cards-$20.00 each-and they will be going into my kids (ages 20 and 22) Christmas stockings. I also won the Lake Winni sign and it is so awesome and looks great in my family room.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
eillac@dow

Default A Big Thank You

My apologies for a duplicate response, but wanted all to know that:

On behalf of my mother (SnappyTapper) and I, I would like to say thank you to Don, the Webmaster, Rattlesnake Gal and Guy and Meredith Lady...and certainly to any other members involved. We had a great time at the Forum Fest.

I am close to a slient participant of the forum. I read alot..and every now and then...write in. I felt kind of funny attending the fest. But let me tell you...I felt just like one of the regular ole members. It was great to meet so many of you. Thank you to the forum members for the nice welcome. I had a really nice time. I loved putting the face to the name.

I look forward to being an active particpant in the forum.

Thank you very much.

Eillac@Dow
(Allie)

My sister Tracy (Dow Island Man's Wife) won the Lake Winne Coaters!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
trfour

Default To All Of My Extended Family....

My apologies for not being able to attend this years ForumFest. My bad.
Although of more importance I think is the continuing spirit and awesome support of the undertaking of our beloved Webmaster Don and the world wide support that helps keep this wonderful website available to us all.
Just keep on tuning in If you like.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
riverat

Default Stone Gate Vineyard and Winery - A private wine tasting & vineyard tour for up to 15

I won this Great Gift! I am not sure who won the 1929 Lake Winni DVD I donated that was originally donated by Carguy at the LSP Fest.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #16
fatlazyless

For just ten bucks it was a steal of a deal so thanks to the Mount for the double dicount. Noticed the Mount has installed about 200 linear feet of 40" high, oak wainscoating below the windows of the main 2'nd deck cabin which is a nice upgrade. Every McManson needs to have at least one room done up with oak wainscoating and the Mount is definately becoming a floatimg McMansion.

Hey, no matter how many times you have boated the Big Lake in your regular motorboat, you get to see the lake from a different angle from 30' up above the water on the Mount.

Am looking forward to next year's forum on the Mount and could even donate a three-item meal off the dollar menu...........wow!.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #17
KonaChick

Sorry I couldn't make it, sounds and looks like a great time was had by all!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #18
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up Thumbs Up to Mount Washington Cruises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
For just ten bucks it was a steal of a deal so thanks to the Mount for the double dicount.

Hey, no matter how many times you have boated the Big Lake in your regular motorboat, you get to see the lake from a different angle from 30' up above the water on the Mount.

Am looking forward to next year's forum on the Mount and could even donate a three-item meal off the dollar menu...........wow!.
FLL, you are correct. (I cannot believe that I agree with you on something! ) Mount Washington Cruises gave us a steal of a deal! Our tickets normally would have cost $25 and we had to pay only $10. In addition to the deeply discounted tickets, they in turn donated Winnipesaukee.com's ticket money to our charity, The Salvation Army Food Pantry of Laconia. $750 is a very big deal! Many thanks to everyone at Mount Washington Cruises who helped to make our fest wonderful!

Seeing the big lake from such a different angle is always a special treat and for many of us it will be the last time on board with her distinctive diesel engines. Here is an idea - someone should record an audio tape for posterity.

Your future donation certainly fits in with your image!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #19
Rattlesnake Gal

Red face A Little Mix Up?

I think we had a little mix up while setting up the raffle.
LoveBitesPastryShop had donated a box of assorted goodies that I think was supposed to be a raffle item, but they were opened and enjoyed by many. I guess it still worked out well, lots of folks got to sample some very delicious treats! Hopefully LoveBitesPastryShop gained a few new customers!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #20
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Fll

Glad you enjoyed the wainscoting on the second deck. I know a guy that put a lot of time and effort into it
Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Thanks all

Kudo's to the RG's, Meredith Lady, WBB and the Mount (and any others I've missed) for making this FF run so well. A lot of kewl items up for bid, mucho $$s raised and fun for all. And despite a vote of 44-2, nobody was pushed ... errr .... accidentally fell overboard. And the whole waterballoon off the fantail as we pased Mark I ... well that wasn't us. Now I won't point any fingers (Adeline singers) at who did the dirty deed (Adeline singers) but let's just say they were pretty vocal (Adeline singers) and leave it at that !
Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #22
SIKSUKR

Unhappy Really missed being on this one

Glad everything went great on the Mount.Was not happy about not being there.The fact that FLL made an appearance and I did not meet him does not sit well with me.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #23
Pineedles

Default AJ Tackle and Bait

My wife and I had a wonderful time seeing new friends and old. She said you were all so friendly, well she can't be perfect in her people perception skills she married me. I was very happy to finally meet FLL, a very nice person. And as the title say's I won the AJ gift certificate. Great fund raising event. I think we broke a record?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #24
Just Sold

Default Kevin Cafe

I was the winner if the $25 gift certificate to Kevin's Cafe. Thanks

A special thanks to Rattlesnake Gal for picking up the mantel and doing such a great job. And to Rattlesnake Guy for all of his efforts and Meredith Lady's hard work. You made it happen!!!!!

To the Mount Washington Company including Weirs Beach Boater and the` rest of the crew who were spectaular. The special Forum Fest ticket price and donation of those tickets fares to the Laconia Salvation Army Food Pantry plus the use of the lounge room and the cheese and cracker tray. Thank You.

There were others that helped I am sure in making it a great Forum Fest including all of you who attended. Thank You.

Finally to Don, Our Webmaster, without whom none of this would have ever been possible. My sincerest Thank You for creating this web site that serves so many.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #25
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverat View Post
I won this Great Gift! I am not sure who won the 1929 Lake Winni DVD I donated that was originally donated by Carguy at the LSP Fest.
River Rat,
It is poetic justice that someone who brought 10 to the fest would win a prize suitable for a large group. Congrats.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #26
Rattlesnake Guy

Just Sold,
Thanks for the great help you gave me selling tickets and passing out name tags. Couldn't have done it without you.

Something happened near the end of the event that few got to appreciate and I would like to share.

When Meredeth Lady did a count of where we were at so the amount could be announced during the drawing, we realized we were 35 bucks short of the 2000 dollar mark. I kind of got caught up in the moment and thought, heck, we should be able to inch our way over the $2000 line for the food bank.

Well, by the time I could stand up to do a last push the shortfall was down to $15 dollars. I went to a table with folks who had already bought plenty of tickets. I explained how close we were. When I left that table we had not only made the artificial goal but passed it by $25. I was also informed that if we needed more to make sure we came back.

I was moved by the overwhelming generosity of this fine group of people.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #27
Hermit Cover

Default Winners....

Mrs Hermit Cover and I won the NH 24/7 Book.....thanks to Rattlesnake Guy and Gal for that great book donation . We also won a subscription to Lakes Region Spirit magazine and nothing like food to round things out...we won one of the Crazy Gringo certificates....How lucky are we??? We were lucky enough to attend our Fifth Fest...this was a really well-planned Good One! Thanks to all who worked so hard...we look forward to the next!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
Moss Creek Media

So why stop at once a year for the forum fest?

Many of us are up here in the winter and could use a little boost in the gloomy days by meeting up with all our forum friends

*hint hint hint hint*

Kirk
Old 08-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #29
Argie's Wife

Moss Creek...

Yes! I still think we need to test the tiki bowls at all the local Chinese restaurants in the Lakes Region to decide which one has the best drink... I think it needs to happen in February or something like that.... Yup...
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #30
sa meredith

Default Red Sox gathering

I've often thought something very casual, like a Red Sox watching get together at a local tavern, would be fun.
In fact, I posted on FF thread about watching last Friday's Sox/Yanks at Guiseppe's, and had a forum member show up. It was the first time we had met, and we had quite a few laughs together. Great time.
Maybe in early October, for a playoff game.....
Old 08-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #31
Rattlesnake Guy

This week's Weirs Times story.
Thanks Roger.
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #32
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts
Thumbs up

Great article and coverage of the ForumFest. Thanks Roger.

Some of the facts and quotes were off a little as you can see from the picture of Celia and "Don" but it certainly is great to have coverage like this.

Thanks again to everyone who made the event such a success!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
DRH

Default Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
A special thanks to Rattlesnake Gal for picking up the mantel and doing such a great job. And to Rattlesnake Guy for all of his efforts and Meredith Lady's hard work. You made it happen!!!!!

To the Mount Washington Company including Weirs Beach Boater and the` rest of the crew who were spectaular. The special Forum Fest ticket price and donation of those tickets fares to the Laconia Salvation Army Food Pantry plus the use of the lounge room and the cheese and cracker tray. Thank You.

There were others that helped I am sure in making it a great Forum Fest including all of you who attended. Thank You.

Finally to Don, Our Webmaster, without whom none of this would have ever been possible. My sincerest Thank You for creating this web site that serves so many.
Just Sold's comments say it very well, so I'll just say "ditto"!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #34
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Great article and coverage of the ForumFest. Thanks Roger.

Some of the facts and quotes were off a little as you can see from the picture of Celia and "Don" but it certainly is great to have coverage like this.

Thanks again to everyone who made the event such a success!
Celia has decided that calling me Don is such a great source of fun that I think it would be much easier if I just change my name.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #35
DBA

Default Eagle photos and Train Station Postcards

Hi All,
Airboat Guy and I (DBA) were the lucky winners of a series of 3 photos of a pair of Bald Eagles and their baby taken and mounted by Sunset Bob (Thank you, Bob) AND a series of 3 train depot postcards mounted and donated by McDude (Thank you, McDude). We have to agree with all the other posts that this Forumfest was a wonderful day and a great time! Thanks to all the people who worked so hard to bring this together! It warms the heart to know that many $$$$ were raised while we were all having such fun. A huge thank you to all the people behind the scenes (as there always are), and the generous raffle gifts along with all the ticket purchasers.
Thanks to all,
DBA and Airboat Guy
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #36
DRH

Talking Not So Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Celia has decided that calling me Don is such a great source of fun that I think it would be much easier if I just change my name.
Sorry, Mr. RG, that name's already taken!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 AM   #37
Salvation Army Captain

Default Thank You Forum Members

Dear Winnipesaukee Forum:

I hope that you all receive this message. This is the first time, ever, sending a message in this format.

CC, from the forum, contacted me and delivered two checks totalling over $2000.00 for the Salvation Army food pantry. Words cannot express how surprised we are by this generous gift. This year we will serve over 12,000 meals in the Friendly Kitchen, and over 500 families from all over the lakes region will visit our food pantry. On behalf of the numerous men, women, and children who will benefit from your generosity... thank you, thank you, thank you.

If any are in need of tax receipts or interested in learning more about our housing, feeding, or emergency assitance program, then feel free to contact me at 524-1834
Sincerely,
Scott Flanders, Captain
Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #38
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Wish I could have made it

Captain,

Thank you for all of your hard work, your organization is an extremely worthy cause.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #39
Water Camper

Default Thank You for a Great Time

Sorry for being a little late on this post, But Sue and I want to say Thank You to everyone involved in putting this Forum Fest together. We had a good time, got to put faces behind some of the individuals who post.

I would like to encourage a repeat performance for next year with regard to holding this on the Mount Washington.

Celia, remember that Sue said she would like to get involved, take her up on it !!

Thanks Again,
Bill
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #40
Rattlesnake Gal

Smile Cindy Davis Message & Other Thanks

I just received and e-mail from author Cindy Davis. She tried to get onto the Forum this morning, but for some reason she is unable get onto the site. She asked me to "thank y'all for having me at your celebration!"

I also would like to send a huge thank you to Quilt Lady for her wonderful donation of the handmade quilt! She is absolutely terrific for donating so much time, effort, not to mention the money that went into making this work of art. You are a great lady!
Maybe next year we can pre-sell the quilt raffle tickets? Only for the quilt.

Thanks again to Rattlesnake Guy for helping make ForumFest happen. I've been obsessing for months and he has been so patient and helpful. From buying our badge holders to listening to my ideas. Then with all your help the day of. You are a fantastic friend and partner.

Meredith Lady, you were a dynamo! You did an excellent job of setting up the raffle items while Don, uh, I mean Paul, and I sold Mount tickets. Your sandwich wraps looked great and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Your selling raffle tickets was such a great help along with bringing items up as they were being raffled. I'm so glad that you were able to join us for your first ForumFest. I hope too many people didn't go hungry when you closed Kevin's for a few hours! Thanks!

Just Sold, I am so glad that you were feeling strong enough to attend FF. Then to jump in and help bring stuff on board along with selling tickets and setting up, you are tops in my book.

Looking forward to next years celebration - the 15th anniversary of Winnipesaukee.com! Hope to see some familiar faces along with some new friends.

Thanks everyone for the donations and support - ForumFest was a huge success because of you! You're wonderful!

Sincerely,

Celia
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
Skipper of the Sea Que (09-29-2009)
Old 09-29-2009, 03:51 AM   #41
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Crazy Gringo winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Need help remembering and I might have some mixed up, but here goes {snip}

The Crazy Gringo - Two $25 Gift Certificates - Mr & Mrs Hermit Cover & ... Linda, wife of Al, Skipper of the Sea Que {snip}

Let me know if I missed any!
Rattlesnake Guy had a great idea for next year - We should save one prize for the very end and draw a ticket from all of the non winners. I like it!
We had a wonderful time. Thanks to everyone who was involved in putting this together and for coming to the 'fest. The Mt. Washington was wonderful. I was also very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the Captain and his crew.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.