Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
WeirsBeachBoater

Thumbs down Route 3 and 11 Intersection Weirs Beach

I would like to hear another opinion on this intersection... We all know it as a very dangerous intersection and we have all heard the talk about traffic signals in the future. Lets talk about the present, the last two nights I have driven through the Weirs on the way home. I am perplexed that the City of Laconia allowed the new mini golf course to put up lights that look like they have enough Candlepower to take care of Fenway park!!! I can't imagine I am alone in the feeling. These lights not only drown out the intersection and cause a safety isssue, but that they are so bright that they are literally a distraction as far back as Handy Landing. I caught myself staring at these gigantic lights and not looking at the road. My fear is that nothing will happen UNTIL something bad happens. Could these fixtures be realigned so the aren't staring drivers in the face??? Let me know if anyone else thinks these are a distraction and a hazard to the public.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
Scott

I first experienced these lights a couple nights ago and was even thinking about making a thread here about it.

It's beyond awful. You're basically blinded at the time you need to be most vigilant. It's so excessively bright that even picking out silhouettes of people crossing the road in front of me was nearly impossible. It's an accident waiting to happen, and I have a feeling it won't take long for one to occur.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Pepper

Default Absolutely right!

It's incomprehensable that these lights are permitted, and I certainly hope that something is done VERY SOON to remedy this situation. We are completely amazed that this was permitted, and horrified that something hasn't been done to remedy the situation. It's blinding, plain and simple. This is a certain navigation hazard, no matter which direction you're traveling, but an absolute deathtrap if you're heading north on Route 3.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
Paugus Bay Resident

I agree and suggest everyone contact our City Councilor, Judy Krahulec, robtjudy@metrocast.net.

Last edited by Paugus Bay Resident; 07-05-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:35 AM   #5
Fancy

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who finds them distracting!! I drove through there Sunday night (the first time I have personally been driving at night since they went up) and could not believe how blinding they were!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2004, 05:54 AM   #6
Paugus Bay Resident

I received an email from Judy Krahulec, and she said that the owners are going to reposition the lights. Hopefully it will be resolved by the end of the week.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote