Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #1
dd16

Default Meredith Winterizing

We are new to winterizing and not sure what it takes. Can someone recommend a person/company to do it in Meredith and an estimate on what we should expect to pay?

Thank you!
dd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd16 View Post
We are new to winterizing and not sure what it takes. Can someone recommend a person/company to do it in Meredith and an estimate on what we should expect to pay?

Thank you!
Is the boat on a trailer?

Can you take it to someone to have the work done?

Do you need storage too?

Do you want it shrink wrapped?

UPDATE:

MY BAD! I assumed that it was about a boat and I was wrong!

Last edited by TiltonBB; 10-15-2017 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Answered about a boat, not a house
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
DesertDweller

Not sure if you are talking a camp or a house, but I use Minuteman Plumbing in Meredith and they do both. I have a 5 bedroom home with 4 bathrooms and it runs me about $500 each year to winterize and another $200 to put things back in service in the spring. Basically drain all the pipes and everything out (including hot water heater) and fill pipes with glycol. They also shut down the appliances for me. The size of the house/number of bathrooms/etc. will determine the materials and time cost. I live 2,500 miles away so it makes me sleep a lot better.

PS. Assuming you are talking a house not a boat since the thread is a house maintenance thread.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
dd16

Yes, it is a small cottage... 2 bedrooms.. the 1/2 bath & kitchen are in the cottage, the shower is underneath. Someone told me it could be $300 but I didn't think that would be correct. I was hoping it would be cheaper, I'm told it shouldn't take more than an hour or two. I'll check with Minuteman and see what they say. Thank you!
dd16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

We pay $150. Noit much to do. No heating system, no wsater filter system, just two bathrooms, hot water, ice maker and washing machine. Same to open in the spring.
I'd ask about security checks and related emergency services. It may be hard to establish a new contractor relationship by phone when somebody calls to say there's a tree in your living room.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Pretty easy to do.

I 'blow' RV antifreeze through all my pipes and down all drains. Don't forget to drain all you tanks such as hot water! In the spring run the water until the water runs clear!

Current structure, I had the plumbing set up so that all the pipes drain itself when I open a spigot near the basement floor and open all spigots in the house. I have on demand so no tank to empty. The artesian well eventually drains the water down several feet. Pretty slick setup but you need a plumber that knows what he is doing.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #7
Bob M

Default Winterizing

We have used John Ferguson Plumbing and Heating located in Gilford for the past 8 or 9 years to winterize our three bedroom two bath year round house. Matter of fact John or his son will be here at 8am this coming Thursday. They arrive on time and the work usually takes just less than an hour. We also use them to turn everything back on in the spring.

I won't quote a price but I have been paying considerably less than any of the other amounts previously quoted. I'm located in Gilford so I do not know whether Meredith is in the area that he services but his web site references the Lakes Region.

https://www.johnfergusonplumbing.com

603-524-3138
Bob M is offline   Reply With Quote