Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
soxfan

Default Azure boats

Can anyone give some input on the quality of Azure or Rinker Bow Riders. I don't know much about either brand but have found one of each that I am interested in.
soxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Azure

I looked long and hard at the Azure 27ft bowrider. I first saw an Azure at the Boston boat show a few years ago. This year, I saw one down in Milford at the NH boat show.

I looked at it for about a half hour before moving on to look at all the other boats. After seeing them all, the other couple we were with said "What do you want to do now" and I said I wanted to go back to the Azure. Detail work looks great. Nice spacious head area. Open seating in the back (U shaped with a walk through with removeable pads), sink, lots of storage, cooler storage under port side seating. Engine cover sundeck could lie flat or act as a recliner. Integrated swim platform. Note that the hull length is 25 feet, the swim platform adding the other two feet.

We did not go out for a ride at Channel, although Jason at Channel offered a couple of times to take us out. Boat has 22 degrees of deadrise.

My dilemma ended up being I was looking at the Azure priced in the mid-60's and the 2009 Mariah 25 ft Bowrider brand new with .4 hrs on it (yes that is point four) for almost half that price. My Mariah has 20 degrees deadrise, a smaller engine and no swim platform.

If my wife and I were still working full time, we may have been able to justify the money for the Azure, but then again how much time would we have had for the new boat. Being retired, spending the less money made sense to us, and we now have more than 45 hours on our less than two month old boat.

Never have been in a Rinker.

If I hit those numbers on the weekend or week night, I would be seriously tempted to go with the Azure. Looks great and according to reviews I have read, rides like a dream.

I guess you just need to take them for a ride and compare apples with apples. Good luck with your purchase.

One question: what models are you looking at?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
NHBUOY

Lightbulb

The Azure is a well-designed & built boat that compares well to Crownline.

Rinker is a name that has been around a looong time, and is a family run business and makes a good product...Rinker has a "racing" heritage.

Definitely take a demo ride in both boats.

Comparison's of each hull's specifications and it's appointments will tell the tale.

The Azure was designed by a friend of mine, so I am a little biased towards them...
NHBUOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
welchislandman

I have a 2003 rinker 232 and am happy with the quality and value. I bought at silver sands marina.

I looked at the azure also and was impressed with the appointments and quality but the price was out of range for me.
welchislandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Phantom

If I am not mistaken, Azure came about after a group of engineers (and others) left Crownline a few years back. Thus you can see both similar quality to the Crownline design as well as a lot of the interior similarity.

NHBUOY seems to have a friend that's an engineer there, perhaps he can validate/ discredit what i had been told.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Lakewinn1

Thumbs up Rinker vs. Azure

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
Can anyone give some input on the quality of Azure or Rinker Bow Riders. I don't know much about either brand but have found one of each that I am interested in.
I own a '08 296 Rinker BR and love it! While looking I also drove a Azure and found the Rinker to be the better boat ...... Rinker is a "family" owned business / been around for a long time / has good product and reputation / I am very satisfied with my purchase from Silver Sands!
Lakewinn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakewinn1 For This Useful Post:
soxfan (09-17-2011)