Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Storage Contracts

Just signed my storage contract for this year and as usual, I'm shaking my head at the language that holds them harmless for any and all damage, even if it's caused by them.
Fire, theft, lightning, storm, wind, snow or any elements natural or not or by any cause or reason....etc etc....all on the boat owner and I'm wondering why they are not responsible, even if they cause damage by their actions.
A few years ago I found a mouse hole in a brand new bimini top after storage and they prety much told me "tough luck".
Anyone else out there have issues with that?
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
AC2717

TO be honest that is to try and block you from making claims against them, but it is the same thing like a car wash or a parking garage trying to say they are not responsbile if your car gets damaged.
They are they are just trying to ward off any claims which would sky rocket their insurance rates, and for the most part it works
Old 10-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
TO be honest that is to try and block you from making claims against them, but it is the same thing like a car wash or a parking garage trying to say they are not responsbile if your car gets damaged.
They are they are just trying to ward off any claims which would sky rocket their insurance rates, and for the most part it works
If you knowingly sign your contract AFTER reading that YOU will not hold them responsible for anything what course of action would you have? Can we get an attorney to weigh in here?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote