Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
Juiced06GTO

Default Fall Getaway Recommendations Needed!

My wife and I are looking to take a weekend getaway up to the lake for a weekend this fall with the boat and no kids! Looking for thoughts on where to stay that offer easy in and out with the boat for the weekend. We'd be up late Friday to Sunday. Open to a house rental or something along those lines. I was considering the Naswa, but not sure where to put in around there and how parking is for the truck and trailer and think a house/cottage rental is more our speed. Looking at the 20th-22nd of Sept or 18th-20th of October if anyone knows of anything available.

Thanks!
Anthony
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
rick35

We stayed at the Center Harbor Inn in April for a weekend getaway. They don’t have a restaurant but they do have a dock. They had a special off-season two-night package and it was about just getting away for us. The boat launch is next door along with trailer parking.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-06-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 05:42 AM   #3
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
We stayed at the Center Harbor Inn in April for a weekend getaway. They don’t have a restaurant but they do have a dock. They had a special off-season two-night package and it was about just getting away for us. The boat launch is next door along with trailer parking.
Also several restaurants and shopping close bye
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 AM   #4
Light Breeze

Church Landing in Meredith has water access close by and many good restaurants and shops.
Light Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:01 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Breeze View Post
Church Landing in Meredith has water access close by and many good restaurants and shops.
Actually Church Landing does have a few slips available to guests. That would be my choice. Centrally located to walk around town or hop in the car for a short ride to Center Harbor or Moultonborough

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 07:26 AM   #6
Dave R

Going against the grain here and suggesting you stay at the south or east end of the lake instead of the north or west end where most of the action is, and use the boat to explore. The reason being the prevailing north to west winds that tend to pick up in the afternoon which can make a trip from Alton to Meredith, for instance, MISERABLE in a trailerable boat on a cold Autumn day. It's much nicer to have following seas on the trip back "home" when the wind has picked up and the temperatures have dropped. That said, I can't offer any advice on a particular place, but if it were me, I'd be looking for a small cottage/condo/house with a dock in Alton or Wolfeboro. Best of luck regardless.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
WakeboardMom

My house is available. It's perfect for families; we have a dock available and the Long Island boat ramp is only a quarter of a mile away.
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p347116
Old 09-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Very Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
My house is available. It's perfect for families; we have a dock available and the Long Island boat ramp is only a quarter of a mile away.
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p347116
Looks like a great place!!

Dan
WakeboardMom (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
Juiced06GTO

Thanks for the replies everyone! Wakeboard Mom, your place looks great and I have stayed up in that area before and its a great jumping off point to go exploring via boat.

My weekend may have just been narrowed down to October 18-20th, trying to find someone to watch 3 boys age 5/3/1.5 can be difficult for two nights! I know no one can predict the weather, but how is the boating that late into the season up there other than cold haha! I'd imagine the lake may seem calmer without all the boat wakes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juiced06GTO For This Useful Post:
Jeanzb1 (09-07-2019), WakeboardMom (09-07-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 06:32 AM   #10
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
I know no one can predict the weather, but how is the boating that late into the season up there other than cold haha! I'd imagine the lake may seem calmer without all the boat wakes!
Just like everywhere in NH, here's statistically more wind (and therefore more wind-driven chop) than in the Summer, but obviously it can vary greatly hour by hour and day by day. I hope you have a perfect weekend.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #11
thebix

Default Unpredictable

I remember Halloween weekend in 1984? when the Mount was split in two to add the additional length. I was on Rattlesnake Island, and the temps were about 80 that Saturday, perfect weather for the long boar ride to Center Harbor to see the Mount.
thebix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #12
Juiced06GTO

Thanks again everyone. Just getting child care in order before we make a decision here. I'm not terribly worried about the conditions, just hoping the wife can handle it. Its a 24' Four Winns and I've been boating ocean and lakes in the area since I was about 12 or 13 so we'll make the best of whatever is thrown at us. If I can't get someone for the entire weekend we'll do a Newport trip for a night since it is a bit closer. I appreciate the input from everyone.