Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
eillac@dow

Default The Mug in Meredith

I would just like to give a shout out to the Mug...in Meredith. Thank you for the hospitality.

My husband and I were staying at Mill Falls over the weekend. Wanted to go out and watch the Bruins Sat night and knew we would be drinking, so we took a taxi there. Spoke with the driver about a ride back home and he said sure.....just give him enough notice before hand....at least 30 mins.

Into the 3rd period of the game, I spoke with the bartender to confirm closing time as when I called the day before...Closing was like 10:00 or when the game ended. I told her I was trying to time it right by giving the taxi enough time but not cutting ourselves short by missing the end of the game. She said she would check.

Next thing...the owner (Paul, I believe) comes over.....saying...where r u you staying and then says....don't call a call a Taxi. I will drive you. Its 5 mins down the road...it is not big deal. We tried to refuse, but he was insistent. He just said, it was closing time, there were enough employees there to help with the close he would drop us off and then shoot back. We certainly did not expect this.

We had been scoping out places during the day of "where to watch" the game. Looked at 3-4 places in Meredith that were within walking distance, but opted to go with our first choice of The Mug. Sat at the bar initially, then moved to the back room....front and center in front of the TV...volume right up there. We enjoyed a burger and a pizza and things were great....especially the 3 period and the Win!

Thank you Paul from the Mug. Your generosity is certainly appreciated.
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eillac@dow For This Useful Post:
Biggd (05-06-2019), gravy boat (05-08-2019), GsChinadoll (05-09-2019), Heading4thelake (05-06-2019), Katy D (06-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Love to see complimentary posts like this.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (05-06-2019), jbolty (05-07-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
jeffk

Actually, "The Mug" is in Center Harbor.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (05-06-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
bruinsfan

Love ‘The Mug’ ..... great people and great food.

Only wish that Mug by the Bay would re-open. My understanding is that the building owner is a bit to deal with..... nothing to do with the restaurant.
bruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
Garcia

I spent a lot of time at The Mug when I was in my early twenties, living in the area for the summer. Good food, good beer served in iced mugs, and a great clientele - more my type than the weekend warrior crowd on vacation that hung out at the Meredith Station. Good memories!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
GTO

Default 2nd that

We went there a few weeks ago to eat and watch a game from the Toronto series. at the end of the 2nd period we looked around to notice we were the last people there other than the crew. It was past closing time but we were never rushed by our waitress or any of the staff. We left at that point but appreciated the staff that night (Toronto who?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
I would just like to give a shout out to the Mug...in Meredith. Thank you for the hospitality.

My husband and I were staying at Mill Falls over the weekend. Wanted to go out and watch the Bruins Sat night and knew we would be drinking, so we took a taxi there. Spoke with the driver about a ride back home and he said sure.....just give him enough notice before hand....at least 30 mins.

Into the 3rd period of the game, I spoke with the bartender to confirm closing time as when I called the day before...Closing was like 10:00 or when the game ended. I told her I was trying to time it right by giving the taxi enough time but not cutting ourselves short by missing the end of the game. She said she would check.

Next thing...the owner (Paul, I believe) comes over.....saying...where r u you staying and then says....don't call a call a Taxi. I will drive you. Its 5 mins down the road...it is not big deal. We tried to refuse, but he was insistent. He just said, it was closing time, there were enough employees there to help with the close he would drop us off and then shoot back. We certainly did not expect this.

We had been scoping out places during the day of "where to watch" the game. Looked at 3-4 places in Meredith that were within walking distance, but opted to go with our first choice of The Mug. Sat at the bar initially, then moved to the back room....front and center in front of the TV...volume right up there. We enjoyed a burger and a pizza and things were great....especially the 3 period and the Win!

GsChinadoll (05-09-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #7
jr616

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post

Paul is a 100% class act. The Mug has been our go to spot for years!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
jr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default The Mug

Been my fav since 1971! Use to be the watering hole for Belknap College! Later Joe Droukas bought it and put the place on the map!

Now I alternate between Frog Rock and The Mug. Mug by car, Frog Rock by boat!