Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
Kona Bay Girl

Default Blocked Images!

I'm unable to view any of the pictures from the "No Carbs!" thread in the boating section. It's making me quite sad. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:21 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

The images is that thread are displayed a little differently than most. They were uploaded as file attachments.

My guess is that your browser, security settings or firewall are blocking the display of these attachments. There is nothing on my end doing that.

People have reported similar problems with images inserted onto other pages. The most common complaint is that the temperature display on the WeirsCAM page doesn't show. These problems were all related to security settings and firewalls. So far I haven't received any complaints about Forum pages.

If anyone else has seen this problem or figured out what security setting causes it please let us know.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
SIKSUKR

Don,I don't have an answer to that problem but since I havn't posted any pictures on photopost please excuse me if this sounds wrong.Don't the attached pictures have to come from photopost?And if that is true,could the pictures be viewed on photopost?I know this is not the best wayto view them but at least they could be seen. SS
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
Merrymeeting

Don,

I had a problem for awhile with the temp display also. It's been awhile but I believe it was related to a java applet problem caused, at the time, by the feud between MS and Sun. Perhaps these users are running older versions of Windows and/or browsers that do not have java capabilites?

Mark
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:51 PM   #5
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Don,I don't have an answer to that problem but since I havn't posted any pictures on photopost please excuse me if this sounds wrong.Don't the attached pictures have to come from photopost?And if that is true,could the pictures be viewed on photopost?I know this is not the best wayto view them but at least they could be seen. SS
Pictures uploaded to PhotoPost work fine on the Forum but in this case the pictures were uploaded as file attachments to the Forum message. The Forum allows you to upload files like Word/Excel documents and images with messages. If the picture has general interest I would prefer that it be uploaded to PhotoPost first but I'm not sure that applies to the pictures of Cal's carbs.

The WeirsCAM temp image comes from a different source than the rest of the page, which created a security "red flag" and triggers various ad blockers. Get ready for more of these kinds of problems when Windows XP Service Pack 2 is released shortly. It's loaded with new security that, although necessary, will make our online adventures even more difficult.

(Sick Sucker. I just got it! )
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #6
Kona Bay Girl

Thank you for all of the information! I guess I'll just have to go cruising around looking for the carbs!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default try this if you like

Kona Girl I have Norton Personal Firewall, and it will block certain things as the webmaster states. What I tried, and it works probably 95% of the time is to click on my firewall icon in the tray (down by the clock) and then disable the firewall. Refresh the screen and you probably will be able to see the pictures. You can immediately click on the icon and enable the firewall, and probably be able to see the rest of the pictures in that thread, or if on a different website, that web page. Just remember, when you disable, you are not protected from intrusion. ad blocking etc. until such time as you enable the firewall again.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote