Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
arthurc

Default Download

Don, is it possible to download pictures for a screensaver and if so how?

thanks

Arthur
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurc
is it possible to download pictures for a screensaver and if so how?
You can save/download any picture in PhotoPost by right clicking on the picture and selecting "Save Picture As..".

If you want to use it as wallpaper/background right click and select "Set as Background". Always view the largest version of the picture before saving it.

All this assumes you are on a PC using Internet Explorer although other browsers should have similar functions.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #3
GWC...

Talking Works for me...

My system is home-ground (assembled), four years old (Windows98), and might be different from most. Hope this helps, just the same…

I found that after I find a picture (image) that I like in Photopost or wherever, I have to right click on it and then click the words Set as Background. If I right click the desktop (picture) and click Properties, I will see a pop-up that displays the picture with the wording Internet Explorer Wallpaper, highlighted. If I shut off my computer, I will no longer see the picture after restarting, unless I remember to right click the original picture, select Save Picture As, in the pop-up window click the yellow folder with the red arrow until my hard drive (C drive) is displayed in the Save in: rectangular space. Then I scroll (slide the bar) until I see the folder labeled Windows. I select it (click on it) and then click open.

Next, I click the down arrow beside the space labeled Save as type: and select Bitmap (*.bmp). Then double click the area labeled File name: and type something descriptive for the picture and click save.

If you have done this successfully, you should be able to right click your desktop, click on Properties, and see your descriptive words for the picture listed.

Last edited by GWC...; 04-29-2004 at 02:48 PM.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote