Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #1
Bizer

Default Sending a private message

I wanted to ask a question about a post. I didn't think the question was of general interst so I clicked on the user's name and selected "send a private message". The next screen said, "Bizer, you do not have permission to access this page. ..." How does one get permission?
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

I have to admit that the Private Message function of the forum software has been a problem. First, it depends on both the sender and the recipient having private messaging enabled in the "User CP". Unfortunately you don't always get a clear message if it is not properly enabled on both ends.

The other problem has been with users who are in special usergroups with larger quotas, like you. Even though I set up these groups with identical permissions (except the quotas) a few other "special" members have sent reports of problems similar to yours.

I'm pretty sure these problems have been cleaned up in the latest release of the forum software. Currently the software is about 7 versions past what I'm using now and there have been several revisions to the private messaging function. I haven't been installing the revisions because of all the customization that was originally done to integrate PhotoPost.

I am currently preparing a hot new server with all the latest software versions. The newest forum software now includes PhotoPost integration so I'll be able to eliminate all the customization and run the standard software, making it much easier to install updates. The new server project is progressing well and I hope to begin the actual migration in a few weeks.

For now please check your User CP settings and try again. I've changed your usergroup and that may help as well.

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote