Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
SIKSUKR

Default What am I doing wrong?

Whenever I have more than 1 page of "new posts",I am unable to veiw the 2nd page.When I click on the box with the number 2 or the arrow that is supposed to go to the next page,a window that says"sorry no matches try another selection" appears.Are there settings in the setup that I have to change?What gives? SS
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

It is possible there is a bug there. Since most members never see a new post list that long it may rarely get noticed. For that reason it's also hard for me to duplicate.

Little bugs like this are usually fixed in new versions of the software. I'm getting ready to install some major upgrades to the Forum and PhotoPost in the next few months and that may clean this up.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:55 AM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Question Works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Whenever I have more than 1 page of "new posts",I am unable to veiw the 2nd page.When I click on the box with the number 2 or the arrow that is supposed to go to the next page,a window that says"sorry no matches try another selection" appears.Are there settings in the setup that I have to change?What gives? SS
I'll have more than a single page of new posts from time to time and clicking on the 2, or arrow, has always brought me to the other page. One thing that may be different is that I think I've always started on page 2 (the older posts) and then progressed/read from back (older) to front (newer). I wonder if I went the other way, and took long enough, if the oldest unread posts would get reclassified as "not new" ? I know that when I do the following ;

1) search for new posts
2) read some, leave some unread
3) lurk on website (dragged away from PC)
4) re-search for new posts upon my return to keyboard

that some of the unread posts will not show up on the revised list. I guess the software thinks that I've been "here" long enough (at that time) that those "lost" posts are no longer considered "new". Just a thought and I'll try a front to back order the next opportunity I have.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

Thanks Don.I usually don't have more than one page of new posts either but when I go on vacation and don't check for a week,I often have 2 pages.I use to be able to retrieve the 2nd page so I'm not sure what's up.Interesting M&M.I know if I leave the new posts page and come back and click on new posts again,all the new posts will be gone.I'm wondering about the time issue you speak of.Sometimes I don't have time to veiw all the new posts and I will leave them till the next day.Maybe this could be my problem.I'll try your page 2 technique first and see what happens.Thanks so much for replying M&M and Don. SS
Old 03-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Worst case scenario, SS, you probably know when you last were on the site due to a vacation. Look at each section (General, Winter, dining, etc) and you can check from that approximate date forward. A little time consuming, but a hot toddie (or cold one) and a lapful of cookies makes the time go by just a little faster! I start with the oldest in the threads and work my way up the list.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:28 AM   #6
SIKSUKR

Thanks UP but I'm a little lazy to go through all of the threads.While were on that subject I was wondering if there is a time limit on threads.I've seen responses here to threads that have been inactive for a year.They are pretty much ancient history.I would think at some point they would fall into an archive catagory somewhat like the old format and not be on the active list.Just a thought. SS