Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
GodSmile

Default Custom Marine Carpet

Would like to share my experience with Custom Marine Carpet (snapincarpet.com). About 4 years ago, I wanted to buy new cockpit carpet for my 2002 SeaRay cruiser. After looking locally and not finding anything, I found Custom Marine Carpet (based in MI). They have mfg templates for most major boat brands and models, including mine. I ordered and received carpets that were a perfect match. I only needed to install the snaps (snap placement on boats tend to be inconsistent. But it was a snap (pardon the small pun).

More recently I needed to replace snap in canvas covers that covered/protected interior cabin carpeting. I opted to go with a marine weave product. They did not have mfg templates so I made my own and sent them in. Received the order several weeks ago and two of the three covers were perfect. On the third I found I had messed up on the template (which they sent back with the order). I had incorrectly labeled the top of the template, so basically had a reverse image of what I needed. I contacted them, told them the mistake was mine, and that I would pay for a new cover. I sent the corrected template, and the new cover arrived, no charge to me, AND they did not charge for shipping. I cannot say enough good things about this business and their customer service. I highly recommend.
GodSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #2
Downeast

Good to know and thanks for the post. Rick of Shipshape in Gilford will bind custom snap carpets and Matt of Supreme Marine has the tools to precisely measure floor coverings as he does seadeck.. May be another outfit but Matt def does have the device
For digital template making
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote