Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
dpassmore25

Smile Bear notch area and Ossipee.

My father and I are considering trailering from moultonborough to either bear notch or ossipee. The ossipee site seems to be listing good conditions anywhere but the railroads. Has anyone been around the trail system lately? The webcam on their site shows a lot of tracks and the video of someone's Sunday ride looked nice.
Our second option is bear notch. Nhsa.com reported a very good base with good togreat riding. Has anyone been around there? Can anyone suggest one over the other, keeping in mind that the rise to notch would be about twice as long.
We plan on going Thursday morning, the only complication could be the warm weather Wednesday. I don't see it taking too much of a toll if bear notch is as snowy as they say.
Any input would be great guys!
dpassmore25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
surfnsnow

i am also thinking about bear notch for up coming weekend. does anyone know a good place for parking with trailer?
thanks in advance
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Irrigation Guy

Bear Notch will have a lot more snow and more miles of groomed trail available. Very popular there on weekends and even Fridays with the lack of snow around but if I could go on Thursday I'd jump at the chance.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Ryan

Default Berlin

We bit the bullet and trailered up to Berlin last Saturday. Parked at Jericho Motorsports and rode the trails north and south of that location. Trails were all great. Plenty of snow. Put in a total of 80 miles from 9:30am - 2pm.

If you don't mind a little extra drive, worth the trip, IMHO.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Macblood

Default Groveton Errol Pittsburg

Trailered to Stark on Saturday. Did 135 miles from Nash Stream to Errol, to Southeast of Pittsburg to SDR and back again. Great trail conditions except for logging and low elavations around Colebrook area on 5S. Also the closure of the Kingsman pass trail by the Balsams caused me to back track a bit.
Macblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
ishoot308

Thanked 4,938 Times in 1,914 Posts
Default Great Riding

We also went to Pittsburg last weekend and rode a total of 240 miles on Friday and Saturday. We rode the trails from the Canadian border down to Errol across to the Vermont border and everything in between. All trails we rode were fantastic!! Plenty of ice (12"+) on the Connecticut lakes with a good snow cover so crossing was no problem and fun!! Corridor 5 was dream!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
dpassmore25

Default Ossipee

I'm going up to Ossipee this Sunday, if we get two inches that is predicted the trails should be pretty good. They were very nice last week once you got a few miles into the Ossipee system.
dpassmore25 is offline   Reply With Quote