Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
Garcia

Default Opening up

My plan to open up as soon after ice out a possible has not changed. The uncertainty, and something I can't control, is the boat. As of right now, my spring launch is still scheduled and the marina is still planning to launch boats; hopefully that does not change. I'm guessing no gas will be available, but that's an easy work around.

Once the house is open, I plan to use it as I normally would this time of year - typically on weekends. While my kids are out of school for the rest of the year, I cannot see all three in the small camp being able to attend school remotely as I try to do the same with my work.

Once I get the the island I stay there, with the exception of doing some fishing. I'm looking forward to the escape, comfort, and small sense of normalcy that the camp has provided all my life.

What about you? Planning to open and use your place as you normally would (if you can, of course) or are you planning to stay away? My assumption is that for the foreseeable future there will be very few people on the lake. I hope to be one of them who is safely enjoying the tranquility that the island offers!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote