Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Sunset 9-19-12 LSP

Few odds and ends from tonights sunset... Wind was really kicking up the lake, made for some good "splash" shots.

Name:  sunset_9-19-12_beach_waves_1.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  sunset_9-19-12_beach_waves_2.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  sunset_9-19-12_flower_rocks_waves_2a.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  79.6 KB

Name:  sunset_9-19-12_moon_geese_1.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  24.8 KB
fpartri497 (09-20-2012), Lake Charm (10-07-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Nice!

Nice Steve! I really Love the moon shot with the geese flying by! Talk about timing!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
Jonas Pilot (09-20-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Nice Steve! I really Love the moon shot with the geese flying by! Talk about timing!!
LOL... ya that was definitely luck as opposed to skill. I had noticed the moon when I first got down to the beach, but it was a little too cloudy, just before pulling the plug and going home I looked up and the moon was clear of the clouds so I mounted my long lens to take a few pictures and along came the Canada Geese.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
cominghome

Default Beautiful photos!

What a wonderful time of the year here on the lake --We are so lucky to be able to see all of this!
cominghome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Rinkerfam

Steve...I just saw your pic of the moon and geese on the 11:00 channel 9 newscast. It was featured on the u-local segment. Pretty cool!
SteveA (09-29-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkerfam View Post
Steve...I just saw your pic of the moon and geese on the 11:00 channel 9 newscast. It was featured on the u-local segment. Pretty cool!
Mrs. Steve A woke me up to tell me that I missed seeing it on the late news. ( I am NEVER awake for the 11PM news... I have a very weird sleep/awake pattern and BTW that whole "Early to bed, early to rise... " quote from good old Ben Franklin is not true )

WMUR has used a number of my pictures.. I wish they would let people know when they post the pictures on TV, usually as part of the weather report. I have seen a few on the 5 PM news.. most of the time I'm awake for that broadcast.

PS.. Love the Frost quote in your signature.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Hope you don;t mind but I posted that shot on my facebook page too....Awesome pic. Hope you blow that up and frame it. It would sell in stores....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Merrymeeting

Steve,

Thanks for the many wonderful shots you post here. Any chance you can post some of the lenses and settings you used for some of your shots? I'm especially interested in knowing how you got the wonderful geese shot.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
Steve,

Thanks for the many wonderful shots you post here. Any chance you can post some of the lenses and settings you used for some of your shots? I'm especially interested in knowing how you got the wonderful geese shot.
Here you go... The lens is a Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 4-5.6 IS (zoom Lens)
The "Mode" I was using is the "Landscape" program that is one of the choices with the Canon T3 camera. I was actually taking some sunset pictures when I noticed the crescent moon.. then I heard the geese honking.. turned focused and snapped of about 5-6 quick pictures. So.. it really was lucky, because I had no time to fiddle with any of the settings I was using for sunset.

I also messed around with the image using Photoshop Elements.. cropping and some color balance adjustments

Name:  Geese shot info.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  24.2 KB
Merrymeeting (09-30-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I also messed around with the image using Photoshop Elements.. cropping and some color balance adjustments
I noticed that the pictures appeared to have been inhanced. Do you have the original pictures before inhancement?

I think that the pictures have too much exposure adjustment, i.e., contrast and color correction.

They are very good shots and I would like to see them before any adjustments were made.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I noticed that the pictures appeared to have been inhanced. Do you have the original pictures before inhancement?

I think that the pictures have too much exposure adjustment, i.e., contrast and color correction.

They are very good shots and I would like to see them before any adjustments were made.
No Problem.. this file #8909 is the original.. I had to resize it to post it here because the original file is 1.5 megs. other than making it smaller this is otherwise untouched.

Now.. if anyone want me to e-mail the actually full sized original to them..Fit for professional printing and framing, I will send it, for a donation to winni.com (after the webmaster says he got the donation!)

Whatta you want to bet I'm going to get in trouble for this?

Name:  img_8909 (2).jpg
Views: 497
Size:  28.9 KB
Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
No Problem.. this file #8909 is the original.. I had to resize it to post it here because the original file is 1.5 megs. other than making it smaller this is otherwise untouched.
Thank you very much!

Because you are cropping, reducing the file size, and enhancing the images, we are not seeing how good your pictures really are.

If you want to show us some of your real good shots then I would suggest that you upload your full size images to a website that allows you to do that and then copy the URL or embedding code to post here. That way you don't have to do anything because the uploading website will take care of that for you. IMO photobucket is one of the best ones, however there are many many photo uploading websites that you could use.
SteveA (10-01-2012)