Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
ITD

Default Snow??

Is that a dusting of snow I see on the ground up there in Moultonboro?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
PaugusBayFireFighter

A couple snow squalls went through the Laconia area last night but no accumulation. Odd that they have had more than a half foot or more snow in NYC and NJ and we have nothing. I'm very sure we will get ours soon. Hopefully my last full winter in New England will be a snowy one. Now that I'm done snow plowing I will be able to enjoy a big storm.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
ITD (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
ITD

I'm debating whether to spring for one of those new Ski doos this year, thought about it last year but held back, ended up not even registering the sleds last year.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
I'm debating whether to spring for one of those new Ski doos this year, thought about it last year but held back, ended up not even registering the sleds last year.
I don't know if last year was a fluke or a sign of things to come with our ever evolving weather patterns. You know the deal. If you buy a sled it won't snow, if you hold off, we will have a great sled season. I took this picture in early October on Rt. 93 south near Concord.
Attached Images

Last edited by PaugusBayFireFighter; 01-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
SteveA (11-25-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
sky's

i was honestly thinking about a 4 wheeler of some kind to be able to ride almost year round. the down side to that is were are the good trails to ride near Moultonborough? Dasilvas said that you almost have to travel nearly an hour and half for trail riding. anybody have some ideas? i no the trails on Red Hill are forbidden by atv's of any kind.
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
jmen24

Buy a side by side and register it for the road. Then you can cruise the class 6 roads in the area and trailer it if you want some trail riding. Still does not get you on the snomo trails in the winter, but you could likely drive down the road to a launch and get on the lake.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
sky's (11-26-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default I'd check the rules

I've heard of being able to sticker a jeep to us on OHRV trails but never an OHRV for the road.
I believe the class 6 road must be designated open to OHRV's/ATV's before you can ride on it and almost all snowmobile trails are off limits to ATV's, OHRV's, jeeps and trucks. As it should be because they do a number on the trails especially any wet area's.
And remember the instant you turn off that class 6 road you are trespassing on someones private property weather posted or not, and subject to fines.
Below is a link to areas open to riding, you can find more with a little searching. I do not think there are many if any worth trailering to south of the White Mountains. Most class 6 roads, if open are not very long and you would grow board with them very quickly.

http://www.nhstateparks.org/experien...FQZnOgod6CQAEg
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
In this area if you own a sled you also need to own a trailer and tow vehicle if you want to ride.
There just isn't enough snow many years to ride.
Even on good years the lakes region especially Meredith south can have very little snow while just north will have more.
This year although colder so far many say will be a lot like last year for snowfall. Next week temps are forecast to be back up in the high 40's after highs this week only just above freezing.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
ghfromaltonbay

Default Come to NJ

With all the crazy weather we've had here in NJ, perhaps you should register the sleds down here. It's been snowing steadily for the past hour and our lawns and pavement are completely covered. The salt truck just went by my place and the forecast is for a few more inches as temps drop into the low 30's. If we get an inch or more today this will be the 3rd "snowiest" November on record around here according to the newspaper. The 5 inches of snow we had the week after Sandy knocked out power that had only been restored a day or 2 before for many here in Northern NJ (Bergen & Passaic counties for those familiar with the Garden State).
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote