Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default LakesRider: Update on Patriot's Day

Tuesday's update 1:00 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. I know Paul will be so happy to read all your best wishes for him when he is able.
He was moved to the stepdown unit today around noon. He is resting, however has pain by the incision site, also where all the tubes are. They are trying to find a good pain drug for him too which will not make him nauseous. He just needs to heal & get better now. Not fun for him at the moment, but take this one step at a time. Thanks all for now! Kathy

Hi all Winnipesaukee Forum friends & readers!
This is Kathy here, reporting for LakesRider.

We arrived at 4:30 AM - Patriot's Day in MA - Boston Marathon & a Red Sox game, no less!
However, Mass General Hospital was definitely still open for business! Paul had his BP checked (very good) & his temperature checked with a new-fangled thermometer waved across his temples. I want one of those!

After putting on his johnnie, robe and socks, Jorge wheeled him to the surgery suite where we parted ways at about 6:15 AM. No messing around there! The surgery should take several hours, and the nurse, Melissa, told us that we wouldn't get to see Paul much before approximately 10-12 hours. That seemed longer than we were initially expecting.

Feel free to go to this Heart website & I will be able to post an update later, when the patient is wheeled to ICU.

Here is the site for future reference: put in patient's name Paul
http://www.heart-valve-surgery.com/j...ry/paulgamache

Thank you all for your well wishes - I know LakesRider appreciates hearing from you all. Take care.
Kathy

Last edited by Lakesrider; 04-17-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Tuesday update
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (04-17-2012)