Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
Dubstyle247

Default Flurries - Meredith

I wanted to stop in and take a minute to let everyone know a few updates regarding Flurries in Meredith!

We are coming to the end of our second year as the proud new owners and wanted to say thank you to all of our patrons new and old.....This Winter we are going to stay open Fri-Sun for Lunch and Dinner and of course Homemade Ice Cream!

For starters, all of our Ice Cream is made in house using the best ingredients available. We will offer most of our staple flavors along with trying some new seasonal flavors for the Holiday and Winter seasons. Our Pumpkin Pie for example was a tremendous hit this year as we use Organic Pumpkin and Spices in the recipe! It's literally like biting into a slice of Mom's Pumpkin Pie!

Our Dining Room will be open for you, and of course we will offer take out as well. We have spent the last 2 years improving our menu and upgrading our ingredients to give you the best "Drive-In" experience around.

UPDATE! As of Nov. 6th 2014 we are proudly serving both local and non local CRAFT BEER. We've opted to steer clear of the typical yellow fizzy beer many places serve. Serving Craft allows us to hand select many exciting options and pair them with both the seasons and our menu! Hope you enjoy!

Please stop in this Winter and see us and please let us know what you think!
Thank You!!!!

Last edited by Dubstyle247; 01-15-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Changes to our menu!
Dubstyle247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dubstyle247 For This Useful Post:
Chat Noir (10-16-2014), fugitivewife (01-09-2015), ITD (10-16-2014), jerseyonbear (10-16-2014), Old Hubbard Rd (10-16-2014), Overlake97 (10-16-2014), VitaBene (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

I did not know you were under new ownership- Congrats. The place looks great, love the new paint.

I will stop in to check it out soon!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Dubstyle247 (01-14-2015), Old Hubbard Rd (10-16-2014)
Old 10-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
dpg

Thanks great to have a place like that to still go in the middle of the winter.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
Dubstyle247 (01-14-2015)
Old 10-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
RLW

Smile

Dubstyle247, I was just browsing through the forum and noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in March 2012. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Thanks for joining in and letting us all know about the hours through the winter.

Dubstyle247 (10-16-2014)
Old 10-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Dubstyle247

Thanks!!! I found this forum back in 2012 and it's been a huge help to navigating the area in general.
It's great to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Dubstyle247, I was just browsing through the forum and noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in March 2012. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Thanks for joining in and letting us all know about the hours through the winter.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
LakeWinniMom

Default Good Burgers

My family and I stopped into Flurries a couple of weeks back for burgers. We ordered two of the specialty burgers for the adults and two pretty plain ones for the kids. They were all very good! I would suggest having a smaller burger available for the kids - with a plain bun. My husband also liked the selection of locally brewed beers available.

It was a nice treat for the winter months. Thanks and keep up the good work!
LakeWinniMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeWinniMom For This Useful Post:
Dubstyle247 (01-14-2015)
Old 01-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
Lakemamma

I also didn't know there were new owners. Thank you for letting us know. I can't wait to give it a try again. We will be trying it this weekend:
Lakemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakemamma For This Useful Post:
Dubstyle247 (01-14-2015)
Old 01-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
coolyourjets

To the new owners of Flurries:

I'll start by saying that I do like your food. Burgers are outstanding. I will return regularly for burgers, ice cream and several other items. But, I do want to add that value is a big part of a meal for many people. My issue with Flurries management is that they need to remember that a measurement such as a pint is a measure of volume, not quantity. On two occasions I ordered a pint of one type of seafood and a half pint of another type and they were basically the same amount of food. On the second occasion, I questioned the difference. Someone in the back (not one of the kids at the counter) told me that the item I had ordered a pint of was more expensive than the other and they portioned a pint of this by count. It's fine if you want to do this but then you should sell the item by count and let people decide for themselves if that number is worth the price. That said, keep the burgers coming!!!
coolyourjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #9
Dubstyle247

I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention and also in a public forum in case this happened to anyone else this past summer.
For these instances I apologize.
This Summer was a huge transition for all of us here as we brought in several new menu items and upgraded many of the existing items.
I bet you are referring to our Sea Scallops or possibly our Haddock. I take full responsibility and I assure you it has been worked out and EVERYONE is on the same page.
Please give us another try. We aren't offering any Seafood this Winter, but come Spring we will be using the freshest and best quality fish like we did last year....and a very generous portion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyourjets View Post
To the new owners of Flurries:

I'll start by saying that I do like your food. Burgers are outstanding. I will return regularly for burgers, ice cream and several other items. But, I do want to add that value is a big part of a meal for many people. My issue with Flurries management is that they need to remember that a measurement such as a pint is a measure of volume, not quantity. On two occasions I ordered a pint of one type of seafood and a half pint of another type and they were basically the same amount of food. On the second occasion, I questioned the difference. Someone in the back (not one of the kids at the counter) told me that the item I had ordered a pint of was more expensive than the other and they portioned a pint of this by count. It's fine if you want to do this but then you should sell the item by count and let people decide for themselves if that number is worth the price. That said, keep the burgers coming!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #10
Dubstyle247

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.
We have been busy developing a kids menu for this coming season which will likely include a smaller "slider size" burger for the little ones. Hope this helps!!!
Tell your husband thank you and keep an eye on our beer list. It will change with the seasons and we'll alway offer only the best in local and non local CRAFT BEER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeWinniMom View Post
My family and I stopped into Flurries a couple of weeks back for burgers. We ordered two of the specialty burgers for the adults and two pretty plain ones for the kids. They were all very good! I would suggest having a smaller burger available for the kids - with a plain bun. My husband also liked the selection of locally brewed beers available.

It was a nice treat for the winter months. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #11
RLW

Smile

I certainly like the comments from members of the forum and your energy to improve this and that to give the customers a good meal with good taste. I have not been to your establishment, but I will in deed make it a point to come and have a meal.

Dubstyle247 (01-15-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #12
camp guy

Default Flurries - Meredith

Wow, Dubstyle247 , how nice to see an owner accept criticism, apologize to the individual and to any others who might have been effected, and to explain the corrective action to be taken.

With this attitude, and good food, you have the formula for success!!
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Dubstyle247 (01-21-2015), wifi (01-14-2015)
Old 03-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #13
LakeWinniMom

Smile Nice Write-Up in the Laconia Daily Sun

I came across this article on Flurries in Meredith yesterday. http://www.laconiadailysun.com/speci...93123-flurries

I am glad to see they are continuing to do well. My family was in last weekend for lunch and they were quite busy, all tables were filled. It seems that they also have added table service as opposed to their previous style of ordering at the counter. It was nice to have a chance to look at the menu and take our time deciding before ordering, especially when they have so many unique burgers to choose from. They also have continued to offer good, quality food. I expect this place to be hopping come Spring and Summer!

Good job Dubstyle247!
LakeWinniMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeWinniMom For This Useful Post:
gator8 (03-18-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 06:45 PM   #14
jeffatsquam

Great burger there today its definitely worth a try.
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:33 AM   #15
jbolty

Went here for a burger last week on my friends recommendation. It was really good. Perfectly cooked, not too much bread and came out pretty fast.

two thumbs up
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #16
Janet

They also have good lobster rolls.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote