Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
rcspencer1

Default Looking for trash p/u service in Moultonborough

Looking for any suggestions on who does trash pickup in the Moultonborough area. I've been using Good Neighbor Services for the past few years, but the rate has gotten rather high - $18/week, which is over twice what I pay in MA for my home! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
nhmom6477

Default Good Neighbor Services

This service is the best! She bends over backwards to please! We have had her take care of our trash pick-up since she bought the business from Ralph Carrasco a few years back. The owner, Barbara) takes pride in being a full-service company. Not only does she do trash pick up - on a flexible and as-needed basis, she does so much more. For example: She will automatically check your home inside & out if she arrives and finds that nobody has been in (no trash/the barrels are empty). She will immediately go and check your home if you think that you might have left a door unlocked, or are expecting a package drop off etc. I could go on and on about how wonderful her service is. I am not sure what you pay and what kind of customer service you get where you come from (home) - but I tell you what - I have never known anyone who will go out of their way - and with a smile - like Barbara of GNS!
nhmom6477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
arthurc

Default Trash Pickup in Moultonborough

There's nobody better than Barbara!
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
rcspencer1

Default Retraction

I regret the negative implications of this post, and want everyone to know that was not my intention at all. Barbara has provided excellent service since she took over from Ralph, so I echo all those positive comments. I meant no harm, but obviously caused a great deal of concern, so I'm sorry for that.

Thank you.

Bob
Old 06-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
fpartri497

Default retraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcspencer1 View Post
I regret the negative implications of this post, and want everyone to know that was not my intention at all. Barbara has provided excellent service since she took over from Ralph, so I echo all those positive comments. I meant no harm, but obviously caused a great deal of concern, so I'm sorry for that.

Thank you.

Bob
I read nothing negative In your post you have nothing to be sorry about

Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Donna44

Default Gns

do you have barbaras number for good neighor services
Donna44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
arthurc

Default Gns

The number is 707-9356
arthurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
crash

i would call wakefield disposal services
http://www.wakefieldisposal.com/
he is really good and inexpensive
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
i would call wakefield disposal services
http://www.wakefieldisposal.com/
he is really good and inexpensive
If you will take a look at his coverage map, he doesn't service Moultonborough.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #10
donnamatrix

Default Services in Moultonboro

Ralph Carrasco did fine job for us when he owned the business, then the economy tanked, and we cancelled his services. It was $12/week back then. I understand Barbara does a great job, but for $18/week, I will go to the beautiful transfer station myself. And I do mean beautiful. The place is cleaner than my own garage and the guys who work there are peaches!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
crash

actually Wakefield disposal is expanding now. i will have to update his coverage area as i designed his website.
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #12
Long Island Baba

Default Good Neighbor Services LLC

As the owner of Good Neighbor Services I am compelled to follow-up to members of the Forum as I have personally liked when business owners do the same.

Rspencer1 was quoting our service cost for rental properties. We do charge extra for those properties for obvious reasons and one clear fact: rental properties are party central! We have seen it all. Folks are on vacation and while many are respectful, many others are not. In rspencer1's case specifically, his trash is left outside the house and nearly each week we arrive animals have got into it and the rest is obvious and left for GNS to remedy. Service is number one and we do not walk away, leave it for the next renters to deal with, or have the homeowner or rental agency fix it.

Rental properties are very time consuming to our staff. In many cases they do not properly separate the trash as we, the homeowner and rental agencies dictate. All GNS customers must recycle to the rules of the Moultonborough Transfer Station. Therefore, the GNS staff is required to do just that. We are held to the same rules at the Transfer Station as any other customer there. No exceptions.

Summer rentals are an extra burden on the staff and equipment and are priced accordingly. We work directly for the homeowner and have their interests in mind. In several instances we have contacted the homeowner about broken outdoor furniture, knocked over retaining walls and stairwells, broken lamps and furniture in the trash, etc. If something looks out of place, the homeowner gets a call. We are the eyes and ears for our absentee homeowners. If it looks awful outside, one can only imagine what happened inside.

Non-rental customers, i.e. those that are weekly, every-other-week, or seasonal, do have rates that are much lower in most cases. Our pricing depends on out time at the stop, on average. Seniors citizens receive our best rates and service, as they should. If you have a five bedroom house and lots of company, then your rate would be on the higher end of the scale.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Barbara Rando, Owner/Operator
Good Neighbor Services, LLC
Office: 603-253-4917
goodneighborservicesNH.com
Long Island Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Long Island Baba For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (05-23-2012)
Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
dpg

Barbara - how much for a person LIVING in Suissevale?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #14
At Your Service NH

Default At Your Service New Hampshire

We are a full service Home Watch and Concierge business servicing the Lakes Region. Our Waste and Recycling Division handles separated and mixed wastes 7 days per week. Whether it is weekly, once a month or a "party central" vacation property, we can provide guaranteed service at up to 20% off your current bill. Please call 603-986-8149 or 800-335-0403 to find out about this and many other services we provide around the lake.
At Your Service NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #15
raydoe1

Bestway Disposal Services

$35 per month

You don't have to recycle

603 524-5881
raydoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
At Your Service NH

Default Trash Services

we accept separated and mixed trash!! Saturday rental pick up our specialty. Call 603-986-8149 prices range from $40-49.00 per month. Fully Insured
At Your Service NH is offline   Reply With Quote