Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
jerseyonbear

Default Wolfboro Lunch

Looking for a recommendation for a nice lunch with waterview in Wolfboro. I welcome your input.
jerseyonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
jazzman

Garwood's has pretty much the best view of the lake and pretty decent food. It's tough getting an outside seat on weekends around lunch time.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
camp guy

Default Wolfeboro Lunch

The first location that comes to mind is the Downtown Grille and Cafe located on Main Street directly across from the local post office, and having an outside deck overlooking Wolfeboro Bay and all the comings and goings of the local waterfront area. The Grille offers a wide varietyt of sandwiches and liquids, as well as salads.

There are other restaurants in Wolfeboro with a water view, but, personally, none compare to the Grille.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
RLW (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Jo Greene's and Dockside are the only other two that are right on Wolfeboro Bay with great views. If you sit in the 1812 room at the Wolf. Inn you can get a view of the lake, but you have to be in that room. They do have nice outside seating there now with a few with a view of the lake. But the last two out of three times we have eaten there have not been good, I hate to say. The last time was a gathering so that was a buffet. How do you burn a hamburger up? Two of them? The guys meals were ok, but not great. Sorry to get sidetracked but other than those mentioned, I can't think of any others that have a good view of Wolf. Bay.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
Barbara

Very tough to get those outside seats at Downtown Grille. I think Dockside is a great choice.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
tis

I notice no one mentions Joes Greene's and we didn't like the food at all for a long while, but we have been three times and each time everyone was extremely happy. If you haven't tried it for a while, try it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (07-28-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I notice no one mentions Joes Greene's and we didn't like the food at all for a long while, but we have been three times and each time everyone was extremely happy. If you haven't tried it for a while, try it again.
Is the place still filthy? I stopped going because of the lack of investment and basic maintenance. It certainly is possible that things have changed for the better as it has been several years since my last visit.

One other waterfront restaurant in Wolfeboro is lobster/fish place facing the water in the back bay. I can't think of the name for the life of me but it is a nice water venue with quality food.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
tis

I think you mean Wolf Trap. That is on Back Bay (which I think they now call Front Bay). Also on Back Bay is (something -can't think of it either-Bayside? doesn't sound right) Bar and Grill. I probably can't remember the name because we always call it Pine Cone South. It is owned by the same people as the one in Melvin Village. I didn't mention those because I was thinking jerseyonbear wanted a Wolfeboro Bay view but he/she DID just say waterview.
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (07-29-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
jerseyonbear

Default Changed locations

Our ride found us winding up in Alton Bay and had an wonderful lunch at Shibley's.Thanks for all your input.
jerseyonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerseyonbear For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-30-2014), GBGX2 (07-31-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Aguamenti

There is also a sub shop in the left side of Yum Yum. You can go out back and there is exactly one table on the back porch. Not fancy, but a water view and you'll be spending a lot less $ than the folks sitting next to you at Garwood's.
Aguamenti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aguamenti For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-30-2014)