Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
jdkpa

Default Lodging Winnipesaukee?

Hi. I have 3 small kids, and we are looking for some suggestions as to where to stay in Lake Winnipesaukee. We will be there July 4th week.

I have never been there. It sounds like there is a lot to do for the kids around Weirs Beach. Searching for a place to stay at Weirs Beach isn't easy.

Does anyone have any suggested lodging places within 5 or so miles from Weirs? I heard Mills Falls is good, but they are pretty booked. I am looking for like 3 or 4 star quality lodging, if that is indeed available. I saw NASWA on the web, but that may be too "busy" for me.

Also, if anyone has any family type restaurants that is a "must" please let me know. Thanks.
jdkpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #2
Pepper

Welcome jdkpa!

If you're looking for a hotel that's not too "busy", but will still offer great accommodations, I think you might want to check out "B'Mae's Inn and Conference Center. They have some "suite style" accommodations which are perfect for families, and have their own living room and kitchen. The rooms are very well appointed, and the facility is quite nice. They also have a fabulous indoor pool which is great for keeping kids amused on those occassional rainy days. Their staff is very professional and with luck the'll have vacancy during the time-frame you seek.

This is just one suggestion. Stick around, as I'm sure there'll be lots of others popping up tomorrow.

Be sure to let us know where you decide to stay, and then don't forget to come back afterward and give us all a complete review!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
camp guy

Default Place to stay

I can agree with staying at "B,Maes", but I would offer a word of caution about Weirs Beach, particularly with respect to having young children. There are some attractions suitable to young children, with parents in tow, but there are many that are not suitable for young children, and parents need to be careful. Fortunately, I do not have to frequent Weirs Beach, but on the occasions that I have been there I have heard and seen activity that may not be age-appropriate for yound chldren. I am trying to be delicate in my presentation hoping you will understand my intended meaning. On one brief trip through Weirs my young granddaughter asked many questions when she returned home. Please, don't get me wrong, get me right, there are many attractions for the family, and many restaurants to feed you. Enjoy your stay.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:27 AM   #4
mets3007

Default Some Choices

Bmae's is a nice place but I think its expensive. its going to be hard to find vacancies that week but the places I have tried up there and liked are Weirs Beach Motel which is right past the beach, or on the boardwalk is Half Moon Motel. If you want places that are close by and are just as good there is Grand View just up the road from Weirs and on Weirs Blvd there is Baytop Motel,Lazy E Inn. Christmas Island. There are plenty of choices around the Weirs Beach area those are just a few. I also forgot Naswa which is also on Weirs Blvd. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Weirs area its a nice area all around. Plenty of mini golf courses, resturants and there is Funspot that will kill the day.
mets3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
jdkpa

Thanks. Does anyone have a knockout, unique, nice place to stay, even if 10 miles from Wiers?
jdkpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #6
Janet

Not too sure I'd want to stay right at the Weirs but it is a fun place to visit for the day. I'd try BMae's or Christmas Island. Be sure to take the kids to Harts Turkey Farm Restaurant in Meredith. They'll love it - Thanksgiving dinner in July.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
jkjoshuatree

Default A Unique Knockout Place...

...are the hotels at Mills Falls in Meredith (about ten minutes from the Weirs).

There are actually four hotels to pick from, but they are a little on the expensive side. The newest one (Church Landing) is right on the water and is very nice. There's plenty to do in and around Meredith too.

But I think you may be hard-pressed to find any vacancy anywhere around the lake for that week this close to the dates you're going.

Good luck!!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
Fish

Default New Hotel at Conference Center

Haven't tried it but there is a new hotel in the expo center in Laconia, which is at the tip of Paugus Bay -- Lake Opechee Inn and Spa www.lakeoinnandspa.com Indoor pool, game room, full service spa, even allows pets in certain rooms. Looks real nice.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
ghfromaltonbay

Default Summit Resort

Have you tried the Summit Resort in Laconia? It's 5 minutes from the Weirs and is a time share facility that rents out to nonmembers. They are very clean and fully furnished 2 bedroom condos. The club house has an indoor pool and rec center in case of inclement weather. They have an outdoor pool as well, but you are very close to the Weirs. I see that they have been advertising here on the winni website trying to sell timeshare units. Their # is 800 563 7060. I would give them a call. The company that owns them also runs Steele Hill over in the Tilton area which is another alternative. We stayed there 2 winters and were very pleased with what they offered.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #10
rander7823

Default Samoset

I don't now if they have anything available still, but we stay at Samoset in Gilford. They are condo's.They have a small beach with sand and a pool as well if the lake is too cold or rough. I have three kids as well and we save some money by using the kitchen for some meals and it is close enough so the ride to the Weirs isn't that bad.

Here is a link to their website

http://www.samosetnewhampshire.com/
rander7823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
valhala

There is motel called the Birch Knoll about one mile from the Weirs. It is in Laconia/Paugus Bay. They have a nice, inground pool. We had family stay last year for a wedding - and they found the rooms to be nice and clean. That would be close to alot of attractions. We have never had concerns taking kids to Weirs, except for Bike Week.
valhala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
SJF

Default Lake Opechee

I would really recommend Lake Opechee Inn and Spa. We have stayed there a couple of times. We just called yesterday and booked a room for this weekend. It is very nice, with large clean rooms. The staff is very friendly. We actually like it better than Mills Falls which is also nice and appears to have a couple of rooms available.
SJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
Airwaves

I too would recommend Mills Falls/Church Landing in Meredith, only a few miles from the Weirs. A tad expensive, the food is great. Stayed there for the first time (Church Landing) for a wedding in April and I can't say enough about it.

Since the 4th is this weekend, good luck
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote