Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
NHBUOY

Default I Remember When 50 Was "Special"...

...I remember haulin' azz, wastin' gas, & scarin' the seagulls...playing Donzibaby in "overpowered" kneel-down pumpkin-seeds & 12' Starcrafts...the ski-races, ski-shows, and the crew in the "Penthouse"...wooden Centurys & Chris-Crafts, & plastic Correct-Crafts...Rayson-Crafts named BOO & riding in the "Red One" too...J.C. & the "Nitro-Circus" drag boats flyin' out of the bay at 152...watching D.M. in his magical Schiada radar at 120 mph by a nice cop on the dock at G & H on the "other side of the pond"...I was there for the change to offshore...the 100+mph Skaters, Stokers, Shadows, Velocitys, Hustlers, and Fountains when they were called Executioners...I raced when it was truly offshore...and passed those skillz to like-minded folk, before Tres Martin could vote...SOB's, twins, & tripples that went so fast they would not leave a ripple...I am NHBUOY...and I am a performance boater...The speed limit is "dead"...long live the speed limit...It was fun while it lasted...
Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Little Bear

Default Do you have a brother....

Named Fat Lazy Less, by chance? Your posts are strikingly similar to his.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
NHBUOY

...nope...my posts way better...lol
Old 05-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
topwater

Nope.... the same. Two names..Same person
Old 05-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
NHBUOY

...nope...there is only one NHBUOY...FLL isn't as good lookin as me either...and I can spell and use proper syntax as well...and my boats are WAY faster than his...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
NHBUOY

...lilbear & topwater...there are a bunch of "historical moments" mentioned in my thread and the BEST comment you can make is that I am a "duplicity poster"..?..kma...you BOTH are missing the underlying message...maybe too subtle for you guys...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
ApS

Question "Before Tres Martin Could Vote"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBUOY View Post
...I remember haulin' azz, wastin' gas, & scarin' the seagulls...playing Donzibaby in "overpowered" kneel-down pumpkin-seeds & 12' Starcrafts...the ski-races, ski-shows, and the crew in the "Penthouse"...wooden Centurys & Chris-Crafts, & plastic Correct-Crafts...Rayson-Crafts named BOO & riding in the "Red One" too...J.C. & the "Nitro-Circus" drag boats flyin' out of the bay at 152...watching D.M. in his magical Schiada radar at 120 mph by a nice cop on the dock at G & H on the "other side of the pond"...I was there for the change to offshore...the 100+mph Skaters, Stokers, Shadows, Velocitys, Hustlers, and Fountains when they were called Executioners...I raced when it was truly offshore...and passed those skillz to like-minded folk, before Tres Martin could vote...SOB's, twins, & tripples that went so fast they would not leave a ripple...I am NHBUOY...and I am a performance boater...The speed limit is "dead"...long live the speed limit...It was fun while it lasted...
"Before Tres Martin could vote".

That caught my eye—are you suggesting that responsible "Performance-Boaters" take lessons in high-speed boat handling?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
As one of the officers of the WWSRA, I can't recall any of the fast boats you mentioned. None of them are capable of going over 80 except Rivard's rayson craft A-0. I am also one of the organizers for the hydroplane races on Opechee aswell as the US Offshore races on Winnipesaukee. I'd like to know where you get your stories.

Are you trying to stir the pot?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
NHBUOY

...these are TRUE stories...I was THERE for DM's 115+mph runs in his GB twin-turbo Schiada in Wolfboro bay (I think I have pics)...the first "civilian" Rayson-Crafts were BM's BOO and "the red one" sold out of Downings...I have personally ripped the Broads at 105+mph in a Skater 24', a 26' Stoker capable of 110+mph, A 32' Hustler capable of 115+mph, L & Sea's Skater at 115+, and others too numerous to mention...although the 2 Rayson-Crafts mentioned were "only" 80mph boats, when JC and the "Flying Circus" crew brought their V-drive flattys & hydros to the Bay, I rode in one that went from "zero" to 150+-mph a quarter-mile at a time...NOT trying to stir the pot...just pointing out that FAST (really FAST) boats have ALWAYS been out there since the beginning...I find it amusing that no one has made the connection on the "50 Special" thing...THAT boat was the one to beat WAY back in the marathon ski races...BTW...there are MANY talented "stick & wheel" guys around the lake...realistically, the speeds that A LOT of the custom boat companies make now are really too fast (160+mph) to really rip without having medivac choppers and safety support...I "knew" when ALL this was going on that sooner or later there would need to be some "limitations" placed on the performance boat guys' speeds...I guess that day has come...I am just glad that I was able to rip BEFORE the speed limit was R.I.P.........I don't have to "make-up" stories...I was THERE...
Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #10
NHBUOY

APS or is it MOT..?...If you want to fly, you take lessons...if you want to race a car you take Bondurant's driving school...Tres Martin was a VERY successful offshore racer that has parlayed that knowledge into a VERY informative, hands-on course in the PROPER way to drive the different bottom designs available...AT speed...AND around the docks....are you MOCKING the skillz required to drive a REAL FAST offshore boat..?...
Old 05-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #11
ApS

Arrow The Tres Martin School for Performance Boaters...

Quote:
...are you MOCKING the skillz required to drive a REAL FAST offshore boat..?...
"Not-hardly". I instruct race car drivers.

Our average speeds on road courses are actually slower than the "Un-instructed" boaters using the Big Lake. We wear and carry an incredible amount of safety equipment without complaint. There is no tolerance for debilitating substances.

Our cars have nowhere the tonnage as many Winnipesaukee boats with "Un-instructed" operators. I'm certain that Tres Martin's school would come to Lake Winnipesaukee if invisited.

Ironically, "Tres" is the also first name of my nearest race-track's manager.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
NHBUOY

...then, I guess we agree that an educated, experienced driver, that is aware of the "nuances" of the performance vehicle they are driving, make a better track/lake companion...What school do you instruct at.?..I'm thinking the Russell/Bmw school.?..What a great "job" to have...I agree with your safety gear/0 tolerence comment......Ironically, Tres is/was looking to book a week here at Lake Winni...His classroom and on water instruction is well worth the money...especially with some of the newer bottom designs...NOTE to Broadhopper...don't be one of those "...if I don't know about/see it, it didn't happen."...I don't make up stories...btw...Rivard's boat is a circle(K?)boat, not a drag boat...and the "offshore" races at the Lake was a "gallant" attempt to generate revenue and interest for boat racing on the lake...unfortunately, the opposite happened...
Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
BroadHopper

Default Rivard's boat

Circle K? Rivard's first boat, the 'Basty' was a Sutphen with a Berkley jet drive. The last one, a yellow Rayson Craft with a 640 Holman and Moody was a killer. It was more of a drag boat than anything else. The Pakadooni's boat the 'Green Wink' was, I believe a Hondo. Deganzi's, 'Sexy Chinchilla', i think that was another Hondo. Goodhue's boat, 'It's takes two to do it' was a hydrodyne. Cookie's boat was a Glastron. Stockwood's boat was a killer too. Can't recall what it was. Roux had a Hydrostream. That was the most beautiful boat on the lake. Can't recall the Circle K in the races. I will talk to some of the alumnus.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
NHBUOY

...I know most of those guys too...I got a ride in basty/Sutphen (RARE boat btw) when Rich G. owned it..didn't know Rivard had owned it...I was familiar with his Rayson..wicked fast...I was an Alton kid but got around pretty good..lol...There were a bunch of guys that had Coles, Sangers, Millers, Rayson-Crafts.etc with blown/injected/MONSTER motors..I got friendly with Jim C. and his friends...Jim's WAS a true 145-150 mph 1/4 mile boat and his friends weren't far behind...If you thought the boats were hot, they had women to match...they would do runs out of the Bay...it was like NE Dragway for an hour every sat afternoon...it was great...loud, fast boats, half-nekked wimmin, & loud guys with Mr.T starter kits with money..they were gone after 2 summers...guess why..lol..side note on Basty Nastard..I was always "into" cars & boats...I was looking for a project boat to do and after seeing/riding in the Basty, I ended up "ground-upping/restifying" a 22 Tahiti Boss w/a healthy 460 w/a Berk jet...This boat AND Dick M.'s Schiada were featured in Hot Boat magazine in 1982-ish...Hey Bh, you're obviously from the Weirs end of the lake from the names of "our" friends...I have a pic of a group (8?) of boats (my jet included) tied up at the Weirs dock that would blow your mind..haha..If I say APBA/RNE what will you say..?..lol...I got Moore Dam stories too...pun intended...the secret word is OUTBOARDS...

Last edited by NHBUOY; 05-21-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: date redeux
Old 05-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #15
BroadHopper

Default Interesting.

I'm from 'The Broads' side of Gilford. South of Lake Shore Park. My family was blessed to have a view of both Mount Washington. The Mount was well as the mountain. Bert Cressy was my neighbor. He had one of those home made kit hydroplane with a Quicksilver Merc. I know what its like to have you heart pounding a mile a minute! I 'hang out' mostly at the Weirs at Irwins Pier, LOL!

Richie G bought the Basty from Rivard. I believe Richie tweaked the engine more and it was a bit much for the jet drive. Beautiful boat.

I occasionally hit Alton to check out the girls at the skating rink. Most of them came from the 'bible school' so picking was slim. I remember an Alton native named Paul P. Great barefoot water skier. The Saturday afternoon drag races came later 'in my life'.

The girls that follows or participate in the races were something else! Playboy magazine is tame in comparision! Susie S and her crocheted bikini. The Phaenif and Moriarity girls. Hot boats attract the hot girls.

WWSRA had a reunion last year at the Weirs Museum. Plenty of photos were gawked over. We were talking about reviving the water ski races as our grandkids are bored and spend too much time on computer games. Unfortunately the 'climate' on the lake is too much for racing. We propose to revive to Winnisquam Ski and Boat Club and have races there. It's a lot friendlier lake. To keep the races from 'going crazy', boats have to be 'production outboards'. No more custom jobs, even though they were SWEET!

PS: The parties after the races were UNFORGETABLE! I will always remember Tuppie's tug boat with Gretchen!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
NHBUOY

...Wow..parallel universe BH..lol...between the peeps of the H2O ski club and Mr. Cook's penthouse crew, Alton had some awesome skiers...I "think" your barefoot guy was Paul &/or Peter Belkis.?..Steve Puopolo, Tony Cameratta, Charlie Bergoyne, G. Stevens, J. Malone, Jim McKone, Jack Travers (now owns a very successful water-ski school in Fla. AND was the "inventor" of the arm slings the jumpers use called the "Jack Strap") and a slew of others...Some good times were had with the "Catholic girls" too.. ...Q?..Do you remember the Chris-Craft X-19(22?) named Hurricane that was used for the ski races.?..Always liked that boat, but never knew who owned it.?...I love this memory lane/bench racin stuff...I think your right about bringing "something" back for the "kids"...unfortunately, the speed/save them from themselves people will make this more than difficult...Do the waterskiers even have a slalom course or jump ramp to use anymore.?..the "good old days" were just that, it seems....fyi...The "50 Special" was a 1959/60 21' Century Coronado w/a "built" Caddy motor with a "6-pack" carb set-up owned by D. Purdy...loved that boat, my family always had Century Resorters when Vin "was" Channel Marine (with Stan & B. Rooney)...APBA/RNE mean anything to you..?..thanx for sharing...likin this...
Old 05-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #17
NHBUOY

...I just noticed the Breckenridge tag...You a skier too.?..More to talk about...Klaus B. was my first ski coach at Gunstock waaay back......
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
BroadHopper

Default Bare foot skiers

They are a breed. I am one of them. My daughters barefoot as well. I would like to teach my grandkids. I had one SL supporter sent me a PM and called me a murderer because I am teaching kids how to barefoot ski! LOL! Aren't they a jealous bunch.

As for Breck', I have a stake in a ski lodge on Baldy Mtn. across town. I was doing fine until 9/11, business took a downfall. Slowly rose up then tanked again in 2008. Been losing money since. I'm hoping to retire early but not with real estate prices at rock bottom. Talk to me when you head for the Breck'.

I belong to PSIA and PSPA. I use to race WMRL and occasionally test my skills on NASTAR. Klaus B. brings memories of his harmonica skills. Remember the Austrian boys? Gerhad, Frankie and Gert? Pepe Hermann and Egon Zimmerman? The Austrians partied hard! I wish Gunstock bring back the Fletcher Hale trail.

You mentioned fast cars. I used to race a 58' Satelite with a 426 wedge at NE Dragway and Englishtown at the MOPAR nationals. Name of car was 'Waillin' Wedge'. I also use to do SCCA races at Bryar with a 124 Spyder. I remamber the CAN AM races at Bryar. I have an autograph of Swede Savage. I use to love those ARR 'cudas and TA Challengers.

They still have the road course at NHMS. But the chicane course is gone. Been itching to go as they still do SCCA most weekends. I have a '98 911 Carrera convertible sitting in the barn. Haven't start it in years. Money been tight since I lost my job in 2008.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #19
NHBUOY

...hi BH...was wondering where you were hidin..LOL...Fletcher Hale, one of the steepest in the East, that never got skied...I was sad when they took out the Try-Me chair...If you're PSIA, you probably know Jeb Boyd (USA Demo Squad) & T. Haas...grew up skiing/racing with both of them...feel for ya with economy stuff...kinda like, how do you make a million in the industry, start out with 5 million......I don't know about you, but I'm havin a blast tryin to figure out who you/we are.....fyi...I lived/raced out of Vail in 75-77...and a friend of mine owned(s?) the Legends Bar at Beaver Creek...skiing and performance boats seem to go together.....barefoot skiing.!.?...wreckin kidz up like that...the HORROR.....ps...I was a NE Dragway guy ususally on wed nights for test/tune/steal your money runs, usually in a blue Z/28 (low 13.s) or white LS6 Chevelle (low 12.s)...remember the Flinstone Charger.?..loved that guy...
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #20
BroadHopper

Default Resting Place

I see you are on the Neck? On the Meredith Bay or Bear Island Side? Use to know a lot of folks there. I use to cruise around the lake and crash parties. LOL!

Because of the economy and political climate I moved from Winnipesaukee to Winnisquam. I have a slip on Winnipesaukee. My Formula terrorized all the speed limit supporters. LOL! Even though I rarely go over 50. Last summer I was reported going 100 mph. The MP officer stopped me and clocked me at 35. He asked me if I was going 100. I asked him if a 350 Magnum can propel a 5000 lbs boat to 100, he says, I don't think so. After a safety check to check out the thong babes, he was off looking for something better to do. LOL!

I don't know the two PSIA's you mentioned, but I grew up with Mike Hickey. He made it to the USA ski team. He was the head of the PSIA demonstration team for years. Mike was once ski director at Mammoth Mtn. Gunstock and Loon turned him down for jobs. He is semiretired in Bozeman Montana. Great Guy. I'm also friends with Bruce McDonald. He was my PSIA trainer and mentor. He is head of the ski school at WaWaWachusetts. He has a great ski racing program as most of the guys on the Masters program and WMRL are from Wachusetts.

Use to ski Loon all the time with the Threedom pass. Last year Gunrock had the cheapest pass. My future son-in-law works for Burton hdqtrs in Burlington VT. When he has passes I will take advantage of it.

The Bunyan Room still pretty wild? I remember it being shut down when there were neked women dancing on the tables one night.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #21
NHBUOY

...I "know" Mike, but, Bruce and I spent a lot of good times on the Hill..I miss him...wondered where he went..?...you know "NO-Gyp" Putnam too.?..btw...check your PM's...haha..haulin azz with a season pass since '67 at Loon, and 8 years at G-Stock before that...re: Bunyan..an "infamous" day you mention......methinks that Formula has thru-transoms'..?...cowboy...lol..
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
BroadHopper

Default Darpa

The Formula has the legendary DARPA exhaust. It uses the water that runs through the engine to silence the noise. The faster I go the quieter it gets. It has that legendary rumble at idle. It did have a differter plate to differt the exhaust to the I/O unit. Back in the days, I had to remove the differter because it was against the law to have switchable exhaust. Thus defeating the purpose to silence the engine. Now that switchables are lawful, I am looking for a direct replacement. I sold the differter plate as I thought I no longer need it. I can't find one.

The US Offshore races were sponsored by COMPAQ computers. The CEO was building a huge complex on Meredith Neck off Pleasant St. The company folded and merged with HP. The races no longer had a sponsor. The CEO never finish building his complex. He did put up a huge stone wall.

Same with the hydroplane races that was once on Lake Opechee. It got so popular, they moved the races to Moore Dam. The Chrysler Regatta lost their sponsor when Chrysler started having trouble. I remember everyone had to cross the dam over to VT as the nanny state of NH do not allow open containers.

APBA use to have the vintage races out of Wolfeboro. I heard rumors that they may not be back. We will see.

I was told there will be a championship waterskiing event on Lake Winnisquam. They use to have them in Wolfeboro. Why they move it. I don't know.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #23
NHBUOY

...wow...good info right there...I know the wall of which you speak...didn't know the whole story...ahh..Moore Dam/Chrysler..it was fun(while it lasted)..shame...same with the skiing stuff...you got a 242 with a small block.?..Porter family makes good stuff...
Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #24
NHBUOY

...I meant to ask you about your Wailin Wedge Mopar.?..wasn't that kind of a "famous/infamous" car.?..always liked the Mopar stuff..Direct Connection, Rapid Transit Authority, Sox & Martin, "Dandy" Dick Landy, "Hemi under Glass", Buttera's (sp?) Lil Red Wagon..etc..LOVED the AAR/Trans Am stuff too..real men driving "real" cars...Didn't S. Savage die in a "weird" way.?..He was a talent, at driving AND partying if I remember correctly.?..This might sound weird, but, who did the trannies in your drag cars.?...re: DARPA exhaust, tough to find parts (I won't say more on that.lol.)..I'll keep an eye out for the diverters/diffusers you speak of tho..try George at M & M Salvage in M-dith..603-279-5041..He may be of help..btw..check out what he's got around his boat yard..a 28' CC Magnum, a 24' Twister w/a BB..walking around is a little history lesson..lol..TONs of parts too...Hope your boat buffed-up nice..Not sure if we're "off-topic" at this point..lol..but I started the thread, so I guess it's ok......btw..inside, near gut cut......lata, Cowboy.....
Old 05-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #25
BroadHopper

Default Mopar or Nocar

Quote:
...I meant to ask you about your Wailin Wedge Mopar.?..wasn't that kind of a "famous/infamous" car.?..always liked the Mopar stuff..Direct Connection, Rapid Transit Authority, Sox & Martin, "Dandy" Dick Landy, "Hemi under Glass", Buttera's (sp?) Lil Red Wagon..etc..LOVED the AAR/Trans Am stuff too..real men driving "real" cars...Didn't S. Savage die in a "weird" way.?..He was a talent, at driving AND partying if I remember correctly.?..This might sound weird, but, who did the trannies in your drag cars.?...re: DARPA exhaust, tough to find parts (I won't say more on that.lol.)..I'll keep an eye out for the diverters/diffusers you speak of tho..try George at M & M Salvage in M-dith..603-279-5041..He may be of help..btw..check out what he's got around his boat yard..a 28' CC Magnum, a 24' Twister w/a BB..walking around is a little history lesson..lol..TONs of parts too...Hope your boat buffed-up nice..Not sure if we're "off-topic" at this point..lol..but I started the thread, so I guess it's ok......btw..inside, near gut cut......lata, Cowboy.....
Didn't know the 'Wailin Wedge' was famous or infamous but it was well known on the local scene. It was originally a factory dragster from the Mr Norm Spaulding Dodge dealer. I bought it from Lyn 'Crazy Abenaki' Newell. The 426 wedge motor was bullet proof. And one of a kind.
Driving a 'typewriter' was a no brainer. Those cars and trannies were consistant as hell. As long as I punch the 'D' at I think it was 4300 with the peddle to the metal, it was consistant 13s. Bracket racing at its best.

M&M Salvage is something else! I was able to find parts for my old '86 Liberator. 4 Winns built fantastic economical performance boats in their days. When I step up to the Formula, I didn't really feel much difference in the ride, but the quality went way up! Need to visit again as someone stole the fender off the boat trailer at the Winnisquam boat ramp!

I am heading out to get the 'SL terrorizer' registered for another season on the big lake. First time in decades that the marinas around the lake are advertising slips to let. Should be an interesting summer.

I'm wondering if APS is going to meet me in Loudon for a spirited race on the road course?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #26
NHBUOY

...me-thinks aps "talks" a good game...still don't know where he "teaches"...727's with the push-buttons...awesome...speaking horsepower, a friend sent me a video of his friends dyno-ing a VW...1036 HP.!..am waiting to find out torque numbers...yikes......
Old 05-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #27
ApS

Arrow Excuses...

Quote:
...Ironically, Tres is/was looking to book a week here at Lake Winni...His classroom and on water instruction is well worth the money...especially with some of the newer bottom designs...
Good that you are leaving "chat".

The Rules discourage "chat".

Those "newer bottom designs" accounted recently for three major flips in three consecutive Lake Winnipesaukee (short) seasons.

The Captains were responsible for each boat—and passengers—all were ejected!

What do you bet, you can't get any of SBONH on board for a Tres Martin school at Lake Winnipesaukee?

1) The school is too expensive...

2) Tres Martin doesn't know my boat like I do

3) I've forgotten more about boating and navigation than Tres Martin remembers...

4) Suppose it's foggy or rainy...?

5) I don't need it anyway...

6) Tres Martin doesn't know New Hampshire's unique boating rules...

7) I need the money for a new switchable exhaust...

8) I can't the time off from work...

9) Tres Martin might make me wear a PFD and a helmet—I won't look cool...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #28
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post

Those "newer bottom designs" accounted recently for three major flips in three consecutive Lake Winnipesaukee (short) seasons.
Can't recall three boats flips in lake Winnipesaukee. Care to clue me in?

The last time a boat flip was back in the 90's was a race boat during the COMPAQ US Offshore sanctioned boat race.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:07 AM   #29
ApS

Default Fountain, Formula, and Two Cigarettes

'Wish our prescient member Bill_B had stayed in the debate.

Quote:
...me-thinks aps "talks" a good game...still don't know where he "teaches"...
That non-Winnipesaukee data belongs in the Blog feature here—but you've mentioned the member name MoT before—begin a "search" there, and BMW was correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Can't recall three boats flips in lake Winnipesaukee. Care to clue me in?
For those of us who were paying attention, there were four.

The first flip of record—not counting the Gilford cottage and perhaps many others—occurred in 2003.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #30
jmen24

Quote:

That non-Winnipesaukee data belongs in the Blog feature here—but you've mentioned the member name MoT before—begin a "search" there, and BMW was correct.

Seeing that you love to demand answers to your foolish questions, but refuse to answer ones directed at you. I will answer the question for you.

APS, Ministry of Truth, Taqiyah, etal. Races and teaches in Florida. Contact the Everglades Chapter of the BMW CCA, they will put you in touch with him to schedule a lesson, after November that is.

See, when you send people on your foolish searches looking for information about you, they will find things that I am sure you do not want them to know. You spend way to much time on online forums of all types to have people do searches looking for information you have posted. You would be better off just devulging the info that is requested.

Last edited by jmen24; 06-22-2011 at 09:45 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-13-2011), NHBUOY (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #31
BroadHopper

Quote:
For those of us who were paying attention, there were four.

The first flip of record—not counting the Gilford cottage and perhaps many others—occurred in 2003.
I want proof. Just because you said it means squat to me and the rest of us on the forum.

The last quote from 2003 was a boat from Missouri, not Winnipesaukee.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #32
mowtorman

Default Green Wink

Green Wink was a Sutphen, one of a kind. About the same vintage as the X-Rated before it was the X-Rated. What about the little Allison-Crafts, the guys used to wear helmets when they raced them. It took big ones to drive those boats. Not like moving your living room aross the lake at 75 mph. What about the Maryanne out of Jockey Cove - Old Chris craft with a Hemi and 2 4 barrel carbs, I believe it was in the races. What about the Red Baron near Parker Island, a beautiful v-drive Donzi Hornet. What about the days when you'd see a big boat and anticipate the wake instead of a checkerboard set up like a mogul field on the weekends? What about guys fishing the middle of the lake all day for lake trout instead of bouncing their lures off docks looking for overgrown sunfish? Call me nostalgic but those little fast boats were like riding a roller coaster. Put your hand on the valve over and hang on best you could - and some people got tossed out on occasion. No riding with a drink in your hand unless you wanted to wear it.
Guess what - the lake was and is fabulous but there were things about the past (not just the price of gas) that were better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-19-2011), Commodore (06-18-2011), Grandpa Redneck (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #33
ApS

Question Let's Hear It for Boating Safety...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen View Post
APS, MOT, Taqiyah, etal. Races and teaches in Florida. Contact the Everglades Chapter of the BMW CCA, they will put you in touch with him to schedule a lesson, after November that is.
Not just Florida, but other states—and countries—as well.

It's a good thing that you found Taqiyah. Comments by Taqiyah are found at the "good" Wolfeboro forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen View Post
See, when you send people on your foolish searches looking for information about you.
Those are not my "foolish" searches.

If you want your searches to become less foolish, add the words Supreme Court and Nürburgring.

Quote:
Just because you said it, means squat to me and the rest of us on the forum.
I didn't know you spoke for the forum.

Quote:
The last quote from 2003 was a boat from Missouri, not Winnipesaukee.
The State of Missouri quote was in support of the dangers posed by the very same make of boat—at high speeds on Lake Winnipesaukee in 2003.

Quote:
I want proof.
You don't remember this from 2003 ?

Quote:
Saturday, July 5, 2003 at 9:57 p.m.

"Early this evening a boat flipped over in Chestnut Cove! It was too dark for my digital photographs to come out but so far what we have heard is that

- it was the boaters first day out with his new boat
- the boat cost was $120K
- there were 6 people on board and no one was injured
- it appears in the water that the hull may be cracked
- supposedly the boat flipped twice
- a woman on land was so agitated that she fell down a flight of stairs and broke her nose - and she is pregnant
- the Marine Patrol came just a bit ago and put a buoy on the wreck

I'll try to get some photographs in the daylight!!!

Let's hear it for boating safety!!!!!! "
(Emphasis his).

Last edited by ApS; 07-02-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: The "better" Wolfeboro forum...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #34
BroadHopper

Default The past

Mowtorman, You are stirring up the old memory bank! The Red Baron was quite the party animal, crashing all the parties on the shore-front. I think I saw it docked around the Patrician Shores area.

The famous Hemi. The sound was so sweet and unique. I would go to the vintage races in Wolfeboro to hear that sound and the smell the castor oil.

In the days, all the teenagers and college kids were busy racing and practicing for the water ski races. Very few troubles to be had.

Today, we read of all kinds of trouble. Kids are so bored and playing video games all day. A number of us talked about reviving the water ski races for the kids. That was before SL. The supporters says you can still get permission for the races, but we need to practice. Having hundreds to get permission to practice daily will cause an administrative nightmare for the marine patrol.

The talks are now geared toward reviving the Winnisquam Ski and Boat Club. The problem here is to find a launch ramp to park hundreds of boats for practice and for the races. We can get permission from the City of Laconia to use Bartlett Beach for the staging area. As it was in the past.

I would like to know if there are anyone on the forum that would like to join us to keep the kids, grandkids active. It will be a great to have the old camaraderie.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #35
mowtorman

Default ski races

I think you are referring to the Hiliner Red Baron that lived on Black Cat Island.
It was a little over twenty feet with a small v8 and an OMC outdrive. Not a fast boat but good looking. The real Red Baron was a high horsepower red Donzi that lived in Wolfeboro in the 70's that was a sight to see on a choppy day. One of the prettiest boats I knew of was a Donzi Fino owned by a man named Davidson who lived in the boathouse property on Long Point of Braun Bay. He introduced one of the first cigarette boats to the lake, sounded like an airplane going down the lake. One of his offshore boats he sold to a relative who later drove the boat in the night right through a cabin on shore near Weirs, I believe people were killed in the accident. I remember seeing the boat out of the water at Channel Marine a few days later, very sobering for a young teen. The accident was quite similar to the Erika Blizzard accident.
I like the idea of running at least an exhibition race. You already have a location. What about starting small with a vintage say ten mile race and
high performance (not offshore) under twenty two foot boat show? There are still a lot of nice old ski boats around.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #36
jmen24

APS, I think that it is great that you are involved in racing. Road circuit racing, whether it be club or SCCA is something that I hope to fullfill in my lifetime. Currently it is not practical.

Enjoy the weather, we have had some great days lately. Almost done with my sailing setup on the canoe, amongst other things in my schedule it hasn't seen the proper time required to wrap it up.

Last edited by jmen24; 06-22-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #37
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
APS, I think that it is great that you are involved in racing. Road circuit racing, whether it be club or SCCA is something that I hope to fullfill in my lifetime. Currently it is not practical.

Enjoy the weather, we have had some great days lately. Almost done with my sailing setup on the canoe, amongst other things in my schedule it hasn't seen the proper time required to wrap it up.
Hi jmen24,

I don’t want to start any trouble with you because I know you get very emotional (or maybe sensitive is a better word) about some issues. That being said I am wondering why I rec’d 4 different edits from your post. How do I know you edited your post 4 times? I know this because I have written a program that works with all forums that when certain forum topics get new posts I receive them in an archive file that I can read whenever I want. In the first post you gave the real name of APS and then the other edited posts kept getting more polite and you also removed his real name until you finally praise APS and even tell him to “Enjoy the weather”.
I’m just curious as to your thought process for starting a post and criticizing APS and then finally being real nice to him. It just seems odd to me.

I hope that you get a chance to sail in your canoe. Have a nice day.

Rusty
Old 06-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #38
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Hi jmen24,

I don’t want to start any trouble with you because I know you get very emotional (or maybe sensitive is a better word) about some issues. That being said I am wondering why I rec’d 4 different edits from your post. How do I know you edited your post 4 times? I know this because I have written a program that works with all forums that when certain forum topics get new posts I receive them in an archive file that I can read whenever I want. In the first post you gave the real name of APS and then the other edited posts kept getting more polite and you also removed his real name until you finally praise APS and even tell him to “Enjoy the weather”.
I’m just curious as to your thought process for starting a post and criticizing APS and then finally being real nice to him. It just seems odd to me.

I hope that you get a chance to sail in your canoe. Have a nice day.

Rusty
Guess I didn't know that I come off as sensitive. Remodeling can be a pretty touchy area and I have been known to get excited about it.

I would need to know which post you are referring to that received the edits. If the last one is in question, would you be so kind as to explain that the first two sentences did not change. I changed my mind about the last statement after I had posted it. I made an off the cuff jab that after some thought I decided was not in good taste. It happens, sometimes I just don't feel like continueing the banter. APS and I have more in common than I think he would ever care to admit. But you and I both know that I did not post his name and the statement required some work to render that conclusion.

Plus, being a complete ass does not come naturally to me and if I feel that I have crossed a line, I step back over.

If it is the post I made the other day that he responded too. Well, he was looking for a link that he was not willing to make. Wanted someone else to do it for him, noone stepped up for him.

By the way, I hope you and The Phantom had a nice vacation away from the forums. Picking up where you left off is a sign of good work ethic.

Thanks for checking in.

Last edited by jmen24; 06-22-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: changed something, can you find it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-24-2011), gtagrip (06-23-2011), NHBUOY (06-23-2011), VitaBene (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #39
NHBUOY

Thumbs down

"I don't want to start any trouble...".......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NHBUOY For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (06-24-2011), VitaBene (06-23-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #40
BroadHopper

Default Vintage ski races

Mowtorman! It sounds like a plan! I will bring it up with those involved.

We originally thought of small OB and motors. Keeping it simple. So the kids can enjoy it.

Exhibition race.... I will include you in our plans.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #41
BroadHopper

Default Chgestnut Cove quote

Quote:
Saturday, July 5, 2003 at 9:57 p.m.

"Early this evening a boat flipped over in Chestnut Cove! It was too dark for my digital photographs to come out but so far what we have heard is that

- it was the boaters first day out with his new boat
- the boat cost was $120K
- there were 6 people on board and no one was injured
- it appears in the water that the hull may be cracked
- supposedly the boat flipped twice
- a woman on land was so agitated that she fell down a flight of stairs and broke her nose - and she is pregnant
- the Marine Patrol came just a bit ago and put a buoy on the wreck

I'll try to get some photographs in the daylight!!!

Let's hear it for boating safety!!!!!! "
I search the forum for this quote and I can't find it. I can't validate that aps made it up.

I ask my buddy on Chestnut Cove if he remember the incident. He only remembered an incident when a young man with a new boat ended up in the rocks. Unexperienced and possible uncertified driver with no knowledge of the area. The boat may have capsized and he can't recall the boat flip. If the guy was speeding he would have cleared the submerged rocks.

I binged and googled for a news article and none appeared.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #42
mowtorman

Default vintage rides

I guess it'll be time to buff up those sutphens, checkmates, sidewinders, tahitis, hydrostreams, hondos, sangers, carlsons, magnums, xk's, allisons and any other boats that were bought local and have been hiding in the barn for a while. Any race boat pics from the "old days" would be appreciated. Anyone remember the name of the ice cream stand on the water that was next to the old Winnisquam Bridge? Quite a happening spot after dinner. It sat on a farm property on Rte. 3 for years down near the Tilton exit before it disappeared.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #43
ApS

Question Good Luck Finding It—Unless...?

Quote:
I searched the forum for this quote and I can't find it. I can't validate that aps made it up.
1) Another invalid premise.

2) At ForumFest VIII, ask Don to search our old forum for July 5, 2003, 9:57 PM—a Saturday.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #44
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Why do I have to search it?

http://www.winnipesaukeeforum.com/ar...mes;read=57562
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
ApS (07-11-2011)
Old 07-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #45
jrc

this has to be one of my favorite non sequitors:

Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #46
VtSteve

New boat, new owner, bad ending. I would no more think of buying a performance boat and taking it out and run it through its paces without training than I would hop on a 38' sailboat without some serious refresher course. Maybe that's just me. Kind of like the brand new Cobalt bowrider. Same circumstances, sank to the bottom. I think last year two boats collided, nearly head on. They both turned to port at the last moment. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

The trouble with one-sided arguments that are agenda-driven, is that they accomplish nothing. There are people that shouldn't be out in any boat, much less a large performance boat. Boneheads seem to be in all kinds of boats, and all brands.

APS, study this. We have rougher water, no speed limits, and I can't remember when a boat flipped here, or sunk. We do have our share of canoes and kayaks that need rescue, as well as fishermen in small boats that need rescue. But if you look at the overall safety record in the two states as a whole, it's remarkably good. Because you're always focused on those people and boats you don't like, nothing you post has much to do with safety. In your small sailboats, your odds of being inconvenienced or worse by a large sailboat are far higher than by a powerboat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post:
Biggus (02-05-2012), BroadHopper (07-10-2011), Grandpa Redneck (07-10-2011), NHBUOY (07-10-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #47
BroadHopper

Default Thanks Don!

I need to learn how to search the archives. Seems like a few of us needs a lesson.

APS. I have mention earlier a long time owner in Chestnut Cove remember the incident. An unexperienced pilot with little knowledge of the lake. Thanks God no one was killed.

And saying that a speed limit will prevent this. I don't think a speed limit will prevent stupidity. I hear speed mayhem every day on our roads despite speed limits. I seroiusly doubt if there was a speed limit in place it would prevent this.

Just because one person says the boat flipped twice is heresay. We don't even know how fast the boat was going! He may even be traveling 45!

The fact is he was travelling too fast for the conditions and he broke the 150' rule alone makes the boat driver guilty! Another little known state law, driving to endanger, should have been applied, as he had passengers. If that law only pertain to road vehicles, perhap we should change the law to include all watercrafts. You can use a sailboat to endanger passengers as well.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #48
ApS

Smile Yes, We Can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
this has to be one of my favorite non sequitors:

Why is that a non sequitur? If she was "well-along in her pregnancy", she wouldn't be able to see the next step(s) down.

Quote:
Just because one person says the boat flipped twice is heresay.

1) That information is archived in the forum—just the first of three consecutive flips in three consecutive years.

2) When you write this:

Quote:
"I have mentioned earlier a long time owner in Chestnut Cove remembered the incident. An unexperienced pilot with little knowledge of the lake."

"The fact is he was travelling too fast for the conditions and he broke the 150' rule alone makes the boat driver guilty!"
Those two statements are no-less heresay!

Quote:
I don't think a speed limit will prevent stupidity. Another little known state law, driving to endanger, should have been applied, as he had passengers. If that law only pertain to road vehicles, perhap we should change the law to include all watercrafts. You can use a sailboat to endanger passengers as well.
He broke many regulations, including Rules 5 and 6. You remember, "Reasonable and Prudent"?

Though it certainly possible, I have no recollection of any sailboat collision—and certainly none at 45-MPH!

If you want a new boating law, how about requiring every PFD sold in New Hampshire to have a label affixed prominently to the back of every PFD in children's sizes.

(The wearing of which is required already).

Quote:

New Law: 45/30

Keep 150-feet distance from everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
APS, study this. We have rougher water, no speed limits, and I can't remember when a boat flipped here, or sunk.
Thanks to this Winnipesaukee forum—new and archived since the year 2000—I can!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #49
jrc

Sorry, I thought you knew what non-sequitor meant. Please disregard my last post.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
NoBozo (07-11-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #50
BroadHopper

Quote:
He broke many regulations, including Rules 5 and 6. You remember, "Reasonable and Prudent"?

If you want a new boating law, how about requiring every PFD sold in New Hampshire to have a label affixed prominently to the back of every PFD in children's sizes.

So if the driver broke many rules, why do we need new ones. I can't find anywhere that driver went to court.

Why don't you get WinFabs to pass you new law? Are they too busy being 'Barbie on a pedestal' to do anything else? You certainly don't want SBONH to claim credit to your new law!

Last edited by BroadHopper; 07-12-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #51
VtSteve

Quote:
Why is that a non sequitur? If she was "well-along in her pregnancy", she wouldn't be able to see the next step(s) down.

1) That information is archived in the forum—just the first of three consecutive flips in three consecutive years.

2) When you write this:

Those two statements are no-less heresay!

Though it certainly possible, I have no recollection of any sailboat collision—and certainly none at 45-MPH!

Thanks to this Winnipesaukee forum—new and archived since the year 2000—I can!
Great to know you have all these resources available to you. Unfortunately, just as in the real world, resources does not necessarily equate to beneficial.

Most every accident or problem you point to, someone has broken at least one, and usually, several laws. Your answer is usually, if not just condemning one particular group and ignoring others, to bring up another law. So now, you're making a sarcastic remark about a group proposing "another law"?

Let me ask you this APS. When waking up in the morning, do you place your godly feet upon a pedestal?

One thing that seems to no no bounds is the size of your ego. Even when blathering, your ego seems to be ten times the size of your average septic tank, possibly even including a leech field.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-12-2011), NHBUOY (07-12-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #52
ApS

Wink "Googler" Here...

Quote:
Your answer is usually, if not just condemning one particular group and ignoring others, to bring up another law.
A decal pasted on the back of child-sized PFDs would be a nearly cost-free "law" to alert newbies to New Hampshire's special RSAs. (Especially among those who are renting bow-riders).

Children are required to wear PFDs when aboard—directly exposing those most responsible to regulations protecting our Innocents—who are among the least responsible.

Quote:
Great to know you have all these resources available to you. Unfortunately, just as in the real world, resources does not necessarily equate to beneficial. Let me ask you this APS. When waking up in the morning, do you place your godly feet upon a pedestal? One thing that seems to no no bounds is the size of your ego. Even when blathering, your ego seems to be ten times the size of your average septic tank, possibly even including a leech field.
1) I don't offer my "out-of-state" opinions on Florida boaters, but I see Florida crabbers regularly tending their traps in the wee-hours with no navigation lights whatsoever.

There's no boat traffic at that hour: lighting is augmented by ambient light, and their night-vision has adequately compensated for the darkness.

Docking-light use is a different matter, but is far-more serious matter at 90-MPH!

2) Because I look directly out on Lake Winnipesaukee—night and day—I see a microcosm of the entire lake, and see a continuous flow of RSAs being violated.

IMO, the most hazardous—to the Innocents among us—are those who tout themselves as the "most competent", and continuously complain about "lesser boaters" than themselves.

3) I don't have a say on Lake Champlain, which appears to have suffered enough from mankind's depredations. Those who love Lake Winnipesaukee need to take a special vigilance to prevent any eroding of lake quality.

4) Entirely, I credit "my ego" to the installation of a Google toolbar.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #53
mowtorman

Default Jumping Jack

Thanks to an older woman I was given the name of the ice cream place by the old Winnisquam bridge - the "Jumping Jack", and it was truly jumping with boat traffic, especially in the evening. It's fun to acknowledge the history of the sand bar and boat access ice cream places. Nothing is really new, it's all been done before going way back when the native americans had the place all to themselves. An observation after covering most of the lake last Saturday. Near Eagle Island, the channel, the Wolfeboro docks, boaters were violating the headway speed rule all over the place, in several instances with the marine patrol within a quarter mile in plain sight. I guess with such high volume you have to be selective about who you ticket. To the guy in the green Cobalt, yes your boat was bigger, newer, and nicer than mine, but you didn't need to race by about 30 feet to my right to beat me to Black Cat bridge. It's not a drawbridge though maybe your wife and kid were impressed. One other thought - how about enforcing the speed limit from June 1 to Sept. 15? That pretty much clears out the summer crowd. Happy motoring!
The Following User Says Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-17-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #54
Mr Cooke's Crew

Default I Remember When 50 Was "Special"...

....I remember thoes days to (Don Purdy's 50 Special Century Coronado) An the boat I skied on Mr Cooke's 1961 Chris Craft....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Cooke's Crew For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-22-2011), NHBUOY (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #55
Mr Cooke's Crew

Default Penthouse crew....

Quote:
...Wow..parallel universe BH..lol...between the peeps of the H2O ski club and Mr. Cook's penthouse crew, Alton had some awesome skiers...I "think" your barefoot guy was Paul &/or Peter Belkis.?..Steve Puopolo, Tony Cameratta, Charlie Bergoyne, G. Stevens, J. Malone, Jim McKone, Jack Travers (now owns a very successful water-ski school in Fla. AND was the "inventor" of the arm slings the jumpers use called the "Jack Strap") and a slew of others...Some good times were had with the "Catholic girls" too.. ...Q?..Do you remember the Chris-Craft X-19(22?) named Hurricane that was used for the ski races.?..Always liked that boat, but never knew who owned it.?...I love this memory lane/bench racin stuff...I think your right about bringing "something" back for the "kids"...unfortunately, the speed/save them from themselves people will make this more than difficult...Do the waterskiers even have a slalom course or jump ramp to use anymore.?..the "good old days" were just that, it seems....fyi...The "50 Special" was a 1959/60 21' Century Coronado w/a "built" Caddy motor with a "6-pack" carb set-up owned by D. Purdy...loved that boat, my family always had Century Resorters when Vin "was" Channel Marine (with Stan & B. Rooney)...APBA/RNE mean anything to you..?..thanx for sharing...likin this...
..We had some Great guy's at the penthouse & Alton Bay(Best barefooters on the lake) All the guy's you named Jim "Chach" Ciaccio (me lol) Dan Rossi, Bob oykle. Steve Puopolo broke my barefoot record at age 13. I'm still in touch with most of thoes guys......those were the days.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Cooke's Crew For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (08-22-2011), NHBUOY (08-24-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #56
mowtorman

Default old school

thanks for adding to the story. We were in our teens near Kona and Black Cat in the 70's, trying to live up to the legends before us (which we didn't). We all tried BF'n for weeks, 3 made it (Richie, Tom, Bob), going about 40 behind a century not knowing what we were doing. I took a toe catch, planted my face and blew out a disc, needed surgery and haven't skied since . We were out last weekend in a '73 and an '80 Resorter, there's still some of us undersized folks around. Getting the hot small ski boats around, a retro show/exhibition would be really nice. Speed on water in a small boat is a great adrenaline rush. I talked with someone in Laconia who has a Magnum Missile he intends to restore. Any pics would be appreciated. thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #57
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Barefootin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtorman View Post
thanks for adding to the story. We were in our teens near Kona and Black Cat in the 70's, trying to live up to the legends before us (which we didn't). We all tried BF'n for weeks, 3 made it (Richie, Tom, Bob), going about 40 behind a century not knowing what we were doing. I took a toe catch, planted my face and blew out a disc, needed surgery and haven't skied since . We were out last weekend in a '73 and an '80 Resorter, there's still some of us undersized folks around. Getting the hot small ski boats around, a retro show/exhibition would be really nice. Speed on water in a small boat is a great adrenaline rush. I talked with someone in Laconia who has a Magnum Missile he intends to restore. Any pics would be appreciated. thanks
Barefooting on a long line takes mucho skills- I hand it to anyone that can do so!! My recollection of the speed required is your weight divided by 10 plus 20 MPH. so a 200 lb person would need 200/10=20 plus 20 MPH for a total of 40 before you put your feet down!

I have barefooted but only off a boom, so much easier.

On a side note, a friend has a beautifully restored Nautique (Al Till skier model) on Ossipee. It is painted arrest me red and named Jello for the shaking it does.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #58
Top-Water

Quote:
Circle K? Rivard's first boat, the 'Basty' was a Sutphen with a Berkley jet drive. The last one, a yellow Rayson Craft with a 640 Holman and Moody was a killer. It was more of a drag boat than anything else. The Pakadooni's boat the 'Green Wink' was, I believe a Hondo. Deganzi's, 'Sexy Chinchilla', i think that was another Hondo. Goodhue's boat, 'It's takes two to do it' was a hydrodyne. Cookie's boat was a Glastron. Stockwood's boat was a killer too. Can't recall what it was. Roux had a Hydrostream. That was the most beautiful boat on the lake. Can't recall the Circle K in the races. I will talk to some of the alumnus.

Circle K? Rivard's first boat (Guessing you maybe asked this as a question)

I remember their first ski boat in the Winnisquam Boat and Ski Cub as a Bright Red Century MKII like the one shown in the video link below. When they would do there practice (runs/laps) we would often be on the lake at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCK2E_a4uA8