Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
onlywinni

Default What Speed Limit ????????

I had an interesting conversation with an old timer yesterday. He approached my wife and I at one of the public docks. He says I have seen you and that Beautiful Baja out on the lake every weekend this summer so can I ask you a question. He says today is the unofficial end of the boating season, so how was the first summer with a speed limit?

-So I told him to be honest, I have not boated any differently this year than the past 10 years. I always boat safely and responsibly; however when in open areas of the lake and all alone, I lay on the throttle and use my boat.

-My wife and I also told him we see people ignoring the speed limit everytime we go out..In fact I told him while skipping across the broads at a good clip not 20 minutes prior there was a Silly Fast Boat that passed us about 700' off the port side doing at least low 80s

-He then says to us WHAT SPEED LIMIT....he tells us that he lives on the Broads and sits on his dock and watches people shatter the day time speed limit all day and every day.

So it begs the question?

A. Have the Marine Patrol decided to allow speeding in open areas of the lake when it is not a danger to anyone

or

B. Does the MP just not have the resources to enforce the speed limit

or

C. Does the MP purposely not devote resources to speed limit enforcement as they dont see speeding as a major problem