Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Alton Bay Resident

Default Braun Bay Noise

For all of us who hang out at Braun Bay sand bar... did anyone notice the rap music last Saturday (8/17)... I like a variety of music but this was all day rap with every other song F this and MF that etc... in addition to playing it so loud that the family in the boat next to me ended up leaving just shaking their heads. Too bad a few cannot have more courtesy for the majority there....
Alton Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default NO! God forbid Braun Bay turned into 'Little Rio'!

All the college kids are back in college, so Braun Bay is civilized.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
jrc

I'm here at Braun bay right now. Quiet as a mouse, one radio playing not too loud. I wish all my lake time was midweek, like another world. At least I'm enjoying this week. Docked at Wolfeborough, two popular sandbars, and sunburned.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Angry Works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay Resident View Post
For all of us who hang out at Braun Bay sand bar... did anyone notice the rap music last Saturday (8/17)... I like a variety of music but this was all day rap with every other song F this and MF that etc... in addition to playing it so loud that the family in the boat next to me ended up leaving just shaking their heads. Too bad a few cannot have more courtesy for the majority there....
Snorkel under and pull the drain plug! Or if you can stand it anchor right up beside them and hope MP comes by and waves them out for Rafting to close. Nah pull the PLUG!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Dave R

Was it a small yellow jet boat playing loudly? I was there on Saturday and there was loud music coming from said boat at times. Nothing offensive though. I left around 1 PM, we don't usually hang out there much after noon on weekends.

Edited to ad: I was there on Saturday 8-24..., not the 17th. Doh!
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
Convertible Girl

Default Let me guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay Resident View Post
Let me guess, a red Master Craft with big speakers on the top of the boat?? We have been there several times when this has occurred. If it is the same boat that seems to be their choice of music and it is obnoxious.
Convertible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
jetlag100

There's laws about vulgarity on the streets and the such, must be similar ones for public water spaces
jetlag100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
KTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
All the college kids are back in college, so Braun Bay is civilized.
That's not a stereotype or anything...
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #9
ApS

Thumbs down "Braun Bay" at Home? Don't Think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convertible Girl View Post
Let me guess, a red Master Craft with big speakers on the top of the boat?? We have been there several times when this has occurred. If it is the same boat that seems to be their choice of music and it is obnoxious.
At least, at Braun Bay, the noise is stationary, and you could move away.

We get a ski boat as a weekend visitor that pulls four tiny kids on one tube.(Already a noisy boat, the noise is turned off only when they need to talk to the children—none of whom appear to be over 6 years old).

While tubing, the boat itself makes a powerful wake that puts many oversized boats to shame. I've PM'd a blurred photo to the OP.

Lake Winnipesaukee surely is getting a bad image from the YouTube versions of Braun Bay "music". Even under YouTube's liberal "restrictions" on offensiveness—and with male nudity covered-up—many Braun-Bay-titled videos have been pulled.

Unless you want to offend everyone around, don't play Braun Bay videos at work, at home, or for that matter, anywhere else.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
AB_Monterey

Sadly, there are people who think that everyone else should be listening to their music on the sandbar.

We play our music loud enough that if you step away 5 ft from the boat, you will most likely not hear it.

Then there was the guy in the boat next to us a few weekends ago who dropped anchor and started blasting away. We couldn't hear our music while we were in the boat. Between songs, we heard him tell his buddy that the beauty of country music was that "you can play it loud and no one would complain."

Good grief.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Diver Vince

It's an unfortunate situation of our society. Some folks absolutely do not respect the rights of others (to enjoy a public area in peace). And in no way can today's "rap" be thought of as music. When I think of the hits that Motown used to turn out and what it has morphed into.
Diver Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diver Vince For This Useful Post:
AB_Monterey (08-29-2013), JDeere (08-29-2013), RailroadJoe (08-29-2013), SAMIAM (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
RailroadJoe

Braun Bay looks like another Woodstock NY. The videos on youtube sure show that it is not a family location.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote