Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > History
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
Waco1148

Default Photo of Bob Fogg and others?

Here's a challenge for the Winni history buffs. I'm still fooling around with the history of Bob Fogg and the Weirs seaplane base (and I still have books to sell), and I found the attached image on the UMass Amherst special collections website, in the Alton Blackington collection, if any oldtimers remember Mr. Blackington as a journalist and radio personality many years ago.

The only person identified in their caption is Bob Fogg, second from left. I think that the first gentleman on the left in the captain jacket is Leander Lavallee of the old Mt. Washington, and I think the guy on the right is Jim Irwin, mostly based on my perception of his resemblance to Jack Irwin. If anyone can confirm or ID these two as some other character who might have been hanging around the Weirs about 1930, I hope they will respond and share whatever they know.

I have really no idea about the gentleman second from right, and I would love to find out who he is.

Jane Rice
Attached Images

Waco1148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

I agree that's Jim Irwin Sr. on the right. I knew him and Jim Jr as a kid and young man, and Jack, I guess, all my life. Can't help with Mr. bow tie.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote