Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default I could get in trouble for this but...

.. This is just too Funny.

Plus, I figure there are lots of folks of Irish heritage here at the lake. (think that will cover it? ) Probably not.

Enjoy!

http://videos2view.net/irish-dance.htm
Argie's Wife (08-19-2011), BroadHopper (08-20-2011), GsChinadoll (08-23-2011), Happy Gourmand (08-20-2011), Herweck (08-23-2011), Jonas Pilot (08-19-2011), lfm (08-19-2011), NoBozo (08-19-2011), Pontoon Goon (08-20-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Winnipesaukee Divers

Well Steve, if you go down in flames, I'll go along with you... I love it... This place need a little hummer once in a while
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnipesaukee Divers For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (08-22-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

I have to ask again. Do you guys want an area for things unrelated to the Lakes Region or do you want this forum to continue to be fully dedicated to Lakes Region issues and activities?
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
farechofisherman

Thumbs down Keep it to lake topics

I am with you Webmaster, keep the subject matter to lake-topics/issues. By the way I am Irish, and don't appreciate the film clip, a bit of third grade humor?

Last edited by farechofisherman; 08-19-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling
farechofisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
I have to ask again. Do you guys want an area for things unrelated to the Lakes Region or do you want this forum to continue to be fully dedicated to Lakes Region issues and activities?
I think the Forum overview in the FAQ are written very well and I think we should stick to them when posting:

"The Winnipesaukee Forum is provided as a free service to anyone interested in the Lakes Region. It is not a free-for-all forum like many internet message boards. Although it is open to everyone and we encourage your participation, we insist that posts are relevant to the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, and that members do not violate the rules & guidelines.
The stated goal, mission and purpose of the Winnipesaukee Forum is:

"To facilitate communication and an exchange of information which is productive and beneficial for those interested in Lake Winnipesaukee and the Lakes Region of New Hampshire."

To that end we watch carefully what is posted and we reserve the right to moderate, restrict, edit or delete messages for any reason. We will use our judgement to moderate these forums in the way we feel is most appropriate to facilitate our stated goal. By using these forums, you agree to abide by these conditions and accept our moderation decisions.

Our hope is that the Winnipesaukee Forum will provide a friendly and entertaining environment for the enjoyment of anyone interested in Lake Winnipesaukee. Please feel free to join in or just look around!"
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
SteveA (08-20-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
Skip

Once again I am with you Don.

My gosh, if you have to think to yourself "...I could get in trouble for this but..." then you should be posting it somewhere else but here.

Hang tight Don, don't let this site sink to the level of the other so called lake sites that populate the rest of the area!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
Merrymeeting (08-20-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
Argie's Wife

Talking

Then let's make a LR production of this, eh?

I mean, there's port-a-lets by the docks right? Some dude is bringing his boat off the boat launch after a long day on Winni and has to use the loo... While he's in the loo... the Mt. Washington pulls in and a bunch of tourists decide to get in line for it...

Of course we need an all male cast of dancers... Steve, FatLazyLess, Winnipesaukee Divers, and maybe Rattlesnake Guy? Whadda ya say?

If Steve will put on the kilt and tights, I'll hold the video camera....

On a serious note - or at least one closer to reality.... I needed the laugh, no matter how sophomoric that was, after a really tough week. THANK YOU. (And Don... I get it if you have to delete this - I do - but thanks for leaving it up for the moment... much appreciated tonight.)
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
lfm (08-19-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Imho...

...between email, Facebook, and other media, I get a ton of stuff that I could care less about.

I enjoy Winnipesaukee.com for all it does for the lakes region and the life around it. Don't need another source. Keep the website as you designed it, Don. And thanks for all you do.

(Nothing personal to those who disagree, it's just my opinion.)
Heaven (08-24-2011), Merrymeeting (08-20-2011), moose tracks (08-20-2011), Skip (08-20-2011), SteveA (08-20-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
trfour

Default I Have Thoroughly Enjoyed Winnipesaukee. com

Since it's inception!.. Originally finding myself trying to get involved on and through my web-TV. ... I joined ( living here full time at the time, Year round ) back in 2002 and long before that.
No one could ask for a better website that Don has provided for all of us over these many many years... And Thank You Don!

Last time I checked, this site has 27,424,245 views in PhotoPost alone!

I like SteveA and he has contributed more to this site, than he has taken away from it!

Now, not necessarily now, ( The Hill In Me, Speaking ) of course,.. there would seem a day coming that maybe an ( OFF Topic Forum ) could work down in the already Compartmentalized ( General Issues or Speed Limits ) section. A reminder that You are on your own, down there...

This very wonderful website has no bounds to expand on into the future! ( If You Like It, You 'Doo, and If You Don't You Don't )...

BTW, I Majored in ( not making too much sense )
Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
The Eagle

Default Need to lighten up a bit

"Just MY opinion," But we need to lighten up a bit. It's only a joke, and I laughed, and my family is "Right off the boat from County Cork!" Once and a while we need a brief "Escape" from all the "Politically Correct Views" we have gotten into. Not all the time, but once and a while it's good. It keeps us who we are. A fun loving "Family" of friends. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then the world is in worse shape than we thought.
Does saying only "Lake Topics" mean I was out of line posting (Sharing) my trip to D.C. for my friends funeral after 41 years as MIA in Vietnam?
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Eagle For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (08-23-2011), brk-lnt (08-20-2011), Herweck (08-23-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #11
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee Divers View Post
Well Steve, if you go down in flames, I'll go along with you... I love it... This place need a little hummer once in a while

count me In too Its way to funny

Old 08-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #12
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Does saying only "Lake Topics" mean I was out of line posting (Sharing) my trip to D.C. for my friends funeral after 41 years as MIA in Vietnam?
You'll notice that I didn't remove this thread and just used it as a reminder to keep your posts Lakes Region related.

No rule is carved in stone and where to draw the line is usually a judgement call. Certainly not everyone agrees with my decisions but I do the best I can. I don't like to remove threads in the general forums and usually carefully look for some connection to the Lakes Region. In this case I allowed the thread about your friend because it was your friend and there was at least a personal connection. If the Irish dancing video was of Steve's friends or relatives that would probably have been enough for me to leave it alone. I also try to give extra consideration to threads that honor and support our soldiers.

Whenever I bring this up everyone says they want me to keep this site completely dedicated to the Lakes Region. To do that I really need long-time valued members to remember the purpose of this site and help keep things on the right track.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
ApS (08-20-2011), Argie's Wife (08-20-2011), Blue Thunder (08-20-2011), BroadHopper (08-20-2011), ishoot308 (08-23-2011), moose tracks (08-20-2011), Newbiesaukee (08-20-2011), Rusty (08-20-2011), Skip (08-20-2011), SteveA (08-20-2011), Two dobys (08-20-2011), Winnisquamguy (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #13
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
...between email, Facebook, and other media, I get a ton of stuff that I could care less about.

I enjoy Winnipesaukee.com for all it does for the lakes region and the life around it. Don't need another source. Keep the website as you designed it, Don. And thanks for all you do.

(Nothing personal to those who disagree, it's just my opinion.)
I agree with the "Nothing Personal" part of this post.

I'm also of Irish/Scottish descent, no offense to the Irish was intended. I just thought it was funny.

To answer Don's question.

Yes, I do think there could be room for Non-Lake sub Forum here on Winni.com.

All of us get e-mails with "stuff attached". I'll bet each and everyone of us has found something, a video, a news story, a joke that we wanted to share with our friends. I consider many of the folks here on Winni.com friends.

Look folks, let's not kid ourselves, this forum has often become more than just "Lake" issues sometimes.

Just one example.

We came together to help a fellow member get an IPad to help through an illness. Many, including me and several others on this post contributed to that "cause". By the "rules" what did that have to do with Lake Winnipesaukee? Nothing! It was just friends sharing to help a friend.

Forwarding on a "Lost Dog" poster, a joke, a great bargain at WalMart , is what friends do.

I think there should be a place here for that. If you don't like it.. don't read it.

JMHO

PS.. I warned you that I might get in trouble.

But, I agree that it's Don's decision and the last and final word. If he wants to delete this post he'll get no arguement from me.
LIforrelaxin (08-22-2011), Pineedles (08-21-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
Happy Gourmand

Default "Other Stuff"

How about an area called Other Stuff.....for postings that might not be lake related, but many may find interesting?

BTW, Steve, I know that dance...there were 6 kids in my family growing up...one bathroom!!!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
VtSteve (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
The Eagle

Default HooRahhh!

Hi Don,
I knew why you let my thread, on my friend stay. It was NOT a coment intended on that patroitic jesture on your part, and YES I did appreciate it more that you will ever know!. My comment (concerning posting that) was just a way to ask people to loosen up a bit, and once and a while look at the world around us, stop for a second to enjoy something "Different" and don't be so uptight about a joke! (Anyone who has ever gone to a Patriots game and went to the bathroom at halftime, whould HAVE to appreciate, the "Slap stick Comedy" in that video). As fas as my video, It's also nice to know, when one of our forum friends, goes above and beyond the "lake", and does something "Special," and share that with all of us.
In a world where prayer is no longer allowed in schools, and the Pledge of Aligence is considered "offensive," to people who came here for Freedom, and can't accept our customs, but would rather us adjust to the very customs they escaped from, I (for one) welcome a good laugh. We really need to rethink about what we "object" to. I don't believe MY Opinion is the ONLY opinion, and I don't believe I'm always right! If I don't like a post, I simply don't read it.
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Don does a great job running this site...that's why it's successful and enjoyed by so many. That said.....it would br fun to have a thread just for goofy stuff...a few jokes or some of those funny emails that get bounced around.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (08-21-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #17
Merrymeeting

For those who would like a non-lake, "fun", area to post things, there exist many, many options on the Internet for this. Facebook, Google, Yahoo, to name a few.

Think of this from Don's point of view. The new forum would still need to be moderated. Even if it is set up as a "non-moderated" forum, Don would still need to watch for outrageous behaviors and postings that could affect the overall site or worse.

I followed another website where a similar "fun" area was proposed and created. Over time, it became a very negative, nasty, bigoted place to visit, and it did reflect on the overall site. People started leaving the site in large numbers, and over time it caused the demise of the whole site.

Those who want a non-lake site are free to set one up and run it. My strong vote would be to leave this one as is.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (08-22-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (08-23-2011), SteveA (08-22-2011), Sunbeam lodge (08-23-2011), webmaster (08-22-2011), Winnisquamguy (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
SteveA
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
I followed another website where a similar "fun" area was proposed and created. Over time, it became a very negative, nasty, bigoted place to visit, and it did reflect on the overall site. People started leaving the site in large numbers, and over time it caused the demise of the whole site..
Excellent points I had not considered. Thanks.
Jonas Pilot (08-22-2011), Winnisquamguy (08-22-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #19
dpg

Two views here for anybody that cares :

I agree with Don keeping it "the lake" is nice...

Also I think people need to lighten up and have a little fun. I'm teased all the time about italian things, god life's to short.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
SteveA (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #20
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Funny Irish Dancing Post

Would have been Lake Region related if it were to be posted with a Lakes Region Irish pub or restaurant.

Kathleen's Cottage Irish Pub & Restaurant

New Hampshire's destination for Irish music, live entertainment, freshly prepared Irish favorites, and creative contemporary cuisine.
Our goal is to re-create the rich traditions of the great pubs of Ireland here in New Hampshire.

Map of New Hampshire Lakes Region

I'm not Irish, but the menu looks very appealing. Road trip!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
SteveA (08-23-2011), webmaster (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
Herweck

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by farechofisherman View Post
I am with you Webmaster, keep the subject matter to lake-topics/issues. By the way I am Irish, and don't appreciate the film clip, a bit of third grade humor?
nothing wrong with a good laugh, try it sometime...humor is timeless and ageless!
Herweck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herweck For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (08-24-2011), dpg (08-24-2011), VitaBene (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
Kamper

Calling the forum, "Stupid and/or Ir-Relevant" might get the message across when you re-locate a miscreant thread. Sometimes one might wonder if you meant the subject or the author but that's the joy of ambiguity.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote