Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
bumble71

Default Lobster Pound

Stopped in at the Lobster Pound last night and was told that everything was 1/2 off! I guess they do this from time to time on Mondays during the winter. Great deal to say the least! But this is not the purpose of my post. Have you tried the pizza there?? Unbelievable! It was probably the closest thing that I've had here in the lakes region to a North End style pie! Highly recommended!
bumble71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bumble71 For This Useful Post:
Overlake97 (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble71 View Post
Stopped in at the Lobster Pound last night and was told that everything was 1/2 off! I guess they do this from time to time on Mondays during the winter.
I believe after the first of the year they are closed on Mondays, and Tuesdays...their food is hit or miss with us.Glad you enjoyed the pizza!!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Nadia?

I wonder whatever happened to Nadia, who was a chef there several years ago and made many, shall we say --- controversial posts?
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default All I can say is

If they still offer them do not try the lobster nacho's. I got them on bike week 2 years ago and they were the most disgusting combination I've ever tried.
Mexican and lobster just do not mix or at least not as nachos.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
matthewkk

Default Hours

They are open on Mondays now, ever since last year. They are closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
matthewkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
robmac

Love the food and sitting out on the deck during the summer,my only wish is they would bring back Sunday Brunch. Keep up the good work.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
I wonder whatever happened to Nadia, who was a chef there several years ago and made many, shall we say --- controversial posts?
I think I recall seeing something about her moving, possibly to FL?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
Overlake97

Thumbs up Half off is exactly that! (plus great food)

Dropped into Lobster Pound a couple Monday's ago to take them up on their Half Off Everything sign, and was pleasantly surprised - for three reasons. First, the half off didn't just apply to entrees, or specials, or exclude alcohol, it meant half off the entire bill! They just took the entire final bill, alcohol included, and divided it in half. That would have been a Great Deal, even if just for average food. But that brings me to the second surprise: The food was not just average, it was GREAT! My wife and I both ordered something italian, chicken parm and spaghetti and meatballs. She raved about the meatballs and I thought everything about the chicken parm, especially the sauce, was great. Same for the salad and bread, ice cold beer glass, etc. Third surprise was the new look of the pound. I had not been in since the "big remodel," and was really impressed by the look and feel of the new (to me anyway) lobster pound. We sat in the bar area, and just kept thinking, "we've got to come back soon!," followed by, "why'd we wait this long?" I think the mix of reviews on this forum kept us from trying it, but I'm certainly glad we finally did!
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Altonbayicefishingfool

Heard there was a small fire on their deck a few days ago.. No major damage but that's all the Weirs needs is another burned down building...
Altonbayicefishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote