Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Little Bear

Exclamation Fishermen (and Fisherwomen) beware!

New Obama rules may prohibit citizens from fishing:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/s...ory?id=4975762

I also heard today that Obama wants to explore a manned visit to Mars. Maybe he can take the first ride??!!
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
wifi

TOTAL OUTRAGE, vote the bums out.

I will do what ever I need to feed my family, in a time of crisis. (Don't worry, we aren't cannibals, yet )
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
jmen24

If you think this is bad you should research the Humane Societies 100 million dollar mission to try to eliminate hunting in New Hampshire!

That's correct, out of all 50 states they picked us, but I must say I do agree with their stance on over the internet hunting, that should definately be outlawed.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
JDeere

Angry Bottom Line

This is another Obama attempt to limit our rights.

Who elected this guy anyway?
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
LakeSnake

Last edited by LakeSnake; 06-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.
LakeSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Slowly the grip tightens, is it possible that we have reached the pinnacle of liberalism and environmentalism in this country. Not that I don't believe that we have a duty to protect the environment or make sure that everyone is treated fairly. But when do we cross the line. When is enough enough, and the next step to much. It seems as though maybe in many arenas we are finding that out.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
offmycloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Slowly the grip tightens, is it possible that we have reached the pinnacle of liberalism and environmentalism in this country. Not that I don't believe that we have a duty to protect the environment or make sure that everyone is treated fairly. But when do we cross the line. When is enough enough, and the next step to much. It seems as though maybe in many arenas we are finding that out.
I hope we have seen the peak and now are starting to see the wane of this nonsense marked by the election of Scott Brown and soon November where hopefully we vote the idiots out.

Environmentalists have always sought to control the world through "dire" issues. Overpopulation and acid rain in the 70's and 80's, then with global warming they really thought they were really on to something that would cement their control - thankfully this has proven to be a hoax as well.
offmycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

The only problem with that is that BO is doing all this stuff via executive order since he knows it would never garnish public support even through our elected representatives. The good people of this country better wake up and soon.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
JDeere (03-13-2010), Seaplane Pilot (03-12-2010), wifi (03-10-2010)
Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
Grant

What a load of crap. This will never fly. Don't these nitwits have anything better to do than place more restrictions on us?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
What a load of crap. This will never fly. Don't these nitwits have anything better to do than place more restrictions on us?
Grant,

They would argue, that we unenlightened simpletons just don't understand. Unfortunately as Maxum points out many things can be done by Executive Orders.... fortunately when the next President takes over they can be undone just that easy. However the damage will have already been done.

I stick by my earlier comment, and hope that we have reached the pinnacle for liberalism and and environmentalism extremism in this country, because at the current pace, we are not going to be able to enjoy anything any more with out risk of fines, we will become a country of people that work to live and live to work.... But maybe that is what some people want I suppose.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
SIKSUKR

Sounds to me that some hand slapping took place from big brother. You can't disagree or you will be chastized. Why doesn't this surprize me?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Sounds to me that some hand slapping took place from big brother. You can't disagree or you will be chastized. Why doesn't this surprize me?
That's the same conclusion I came to as I read the piece. ESPN inadvertently veered into the truth and Blurted It Out in their original story...and then all of a sudden....OH wait, It was just an opinion with no basis in fact. Yea right. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
Andy

Default no worries

Never going to happen. ESPN has retracted this story.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Makes you think doesn't it...

Sure wish we had George Bush back...
LIforrelaxin (03-16-2010), Rattlesnake Guy (03-16-2010), wifi (03-16-2010)
Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Pineedles

Thumbs down BUSH league

Well at least I wouldn't have been charged $50.00 for an ocean shoreline license to fish when it was free last year. BTW the fee is supposed to cover the cost of telling the Fed that I am fishing on the Connecticut shore line! What a bunch of BS! Its about time that folks realize its the Gov't that's the problem. I'm so P'd off I can hardly continue to to even discuss it!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #16
RailroadJoe

Big business still rules Congress. And the money comes through the lobbyists. Fishing in the ocean went from one line hooks to mile long hooks and NETS. Its still no reason to stop the week-end fisherman from catching his measly 5 to 10 fish free and without any stupid law.
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 AM   #17
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Big business still rules Congress....
Insanity rules Congress these days ... beg to differ.

Back on topic, I'm all for sports fishing, and fish eating
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #18
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Sure wish we had George Bush back...
There are lots of folks saying that and while Bush did a lot of things I had problems with, mostly his lack of controlling spending, he looks like a saint in that department compared to BO. Still that doesn't let him off the hook in my book, just the lesser of two evils compared to BO. Frankly the thing that needs to happen is for there to be a serious house cleaning of the house and senate and not just the Dems, but a whole lot of Republicans as well. This country needs to get back on track and you can't completely lay the blame on the Prez, remember he can only sign into law that which is placed on his desk. Although executive orders can be put into place, if they are in direct conflict with what is already written into law they should not under any kind of judicial scrutiny trump the law. That said we all should be concerned with the notion that a Prez can on a whim whip those things out at will. Seems to completely bypass the legislative process and to me anyways directly conflicts with the overall balance of government.

As far as this fishing thing goes, I did do some research on it and although I vehemently disagree with it for a number of reasons it seems to be targeting the commercial industry initially more so than us regular Joes. However the language that is troubling is that they want to create what is equivalent to the "wilderness" areas in the national forest which will be in the future used to further restrict access. First the designation needs to be made, then slowly over time they will be shut down to everyone. While I am all for common sense restrictions if needed, many of these things are started by people who have a fundamental problem with folks that enjoy things such as fishing and hunting and NOT on any kind of reasonable unbiased scientific or population survey data. This is why we have a fish and game department that manage various populations through conservation AND harvesting via hunting and fishing.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (03-24-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
ApS

Question The Party of "No"? This just in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
"...Insanity rules Congress these days ... beg to differ...
Back on topic, I'm all for sports ..."
Important things like sports-scores and Facebook are on the minds of Congress as they listen to the ideas of the Opposition.

Attached Images

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
wifi (03-24-2010)
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
Treerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
If you think this is bad you should research the Humane Societies 100 million dollar mission to try to eliminate hunting in New Hampshire!

That's correct, out of all 50 states they picked us, but I must say I do agree with their stance on over the internet hunting, that should definately be outlawed.
internet hunting.....get real, they sensationazlize some BS, then try and get it banned!!! Like tghe myth of plastic guns
Treerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #21
NBR

I agree that the entire congress needs a house cleaning. I have gotten to the point that I vote for no one but against the candidate or incumbent that I think is the worst choice.

It is my opinion that when we did not raise a first class stink when congress voted themselves full salary as a retirement package after one term we lost the battle and maybe the war. I don't think they have done what they think is right since then only voting as best posssible to get them selves reelected.

I hold congress in more contempt than ambulance chasing lawyers. I am not in favor of term limits but voters have a great need to be informed when they vote. Party affiliation and name recognition do not result in a knowledge based vote.
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Never going to happen. ESPN has retracted this story.
Yes, but the brainwashed sheep all believed it.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #23
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treerider View Post
internet hunting.....get real, they sensationazlize some BS, then try and get it banned!!! Like tghe myth of plastic guns
That is my thought. Its funny, I have searched high and low to find the "Internet hunting" sites and can't seem to find any. I would like to know where they came up with that.

Seems like a good way to spend a lunch.....

Kidding, just kidding, no one needs to go crazy on me, goes against everything I believe in.

It is unfortunate, because the group does a nice job on the local level with domestic animals.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBR View Post
I agree that the entire congress needs a house cleaning. I have gotten to the point that I vote for no one but against the candidate or incumbent that I think is the worst choice.

It is my opinion that when we did not raise a first class stink when congress voted themselves full salary as a retirement package after one term we lost the battle and maybe the war. I don't think they have done what they think is right since then only voting as best posssible to get them selves reelected.

I hold congress in more contempt than ambulance chasing lawyers. I am not in favor of term limits but voters have a great need to be informed when they vote. Party affiliation and name recognition do not result in a knowledge based vote.
That's what Gov. Chris is doing in N.J. He is doing what has to be done no matter who likes it. He said I am only here for one term so I don,t need to worry about who I offend I just do what is right and needs to be done. We will see how that works out.
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote