Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
TOAD

Question Fishing Forums

I'm finding that this particular forum "Fish Tales" is extremely quiet. Since I am retiring up to the Lakes Region to primarily pursue piscatorial pursuits in my final years I'm looking to get more information about the fishing in the area.

I currently belong to several forums, maanglers.com, crappie.com, greatlakesfisherman.com, iceshanty.com and several others. These are active forums with many daily posts, pictures, tips, tricks, and general information about fishing in the specific state/region, or for targeting a particular species of fish.

I haven't been able to find one for the Lakes Region specifically or for NH in general.

Just wondering if there are any out there. Information and links would be appreciated.

I fish...therefore I am.
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
townsde

Default Fish Lake Winni

Have you tried this one

http://fishlakewinni.com/

It is kind of quiet now but wait until ice fishing starts or ice out in spring.
townsde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Bill B.

If you get NESN, the mad fisherman has quite a few shows on fishing New Hamp. and Winnipesaukee. I find it helpful cause he fishes all season's in N.H.
Bill B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B. View Post
If you get NESN, the mad fisherman has quite a few shows on fishing New Hamp. and Winnipesaukee. I find it helpful cause he fishes all season's in N.H.
The problem is he spends the entire show catching 5" Smallmouth and talking about what beautiful coloring they have.

Not sure how much you'd learn by watching...
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
DEJ

Not much to learn from watching Charlie as most of his fishing shows involve bed fishing for smallmouth bass. We all know there is not much skill required to do that.
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Ambrose Angler

Default Active fishing forums

Hi Toad - I think you'll like this site...will start picking up with lots of ice fishing stuff soon.

http://www.nesportsman.com/phpbb3/
Ambrose Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
NBR

Toad,

I retired to NH because of the fishing. While I like all kinds of fishing I primarily bass fish because they are plentiful, don't require a lot of special equipment, the brown ones put up a whale of a fight and I've done it for years. Pond or lake fishing for trout in NH is pretty good but stream fishing boils down to mostly hatchery raised 6 to 12 inchers which don't raise my excitement level very much.

Winni is a wonderful lake. I've caught many smallies there as well as a few largemouths, pickerel an occasional perch, lake trout, salmon and rainbow. I have fished many lakes from the midwest through the mid south and Ontario. I would rank Winni as nearly good as any and better than most. Except for the boat traffic. It can be pretty uncomfortable while fishing and even worse while moving locations with wakes coming from all directions.

Since I am retired I don't fish on weekends very often but I do fish Winni on an ocassional weekend until Memorial Day. After Memorial Day until July 4 only during the week and preferrably in rain or a light drizzle. After July 4 I go somewhere else.

I don't fish tournaments so I don't miss out by excluding weekends.

Enjoy your retirement.
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
riverat

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing...hp?board=160.0 has a very active forum for NH waters and in the softwater season their sistersite www.myfishfinder.com is also great.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
TOAD

Thanks for all the information folks! It is appreciated.

I already am a member of Iceshanty.com....excellent site for information on the "hard" water pursuits. I won't get out much on the ice this year as I have another month or so of getting the house down here ready to put on the market so that we will be ready for the move to NH.

What I was really looking for was a forum similar to:

http://maanglers.com/ targeting fishing in Mass.

or something like:

http://www.crappie.com/ which targets a specific kind of fish.

I have been quite active on maanglers forum for the last 4 years since it's inception. You have to be a member to post and to view the fishing reports and pictures but there are other discussion categories that are open to the internet same as on this site. I believe the same software is used for this forum.

Anyway, I was thinking that when I do get up to NH I just might make the attempt to start my own forum NHanglers.com or LakesRegionanglers.com. I have met and made so many good friends and fishing partners through maanglers.com that I believe it would be a good way to make another circle of friends and fishing partners in NH.

I have been able to take folks fishing that never would have been able to get out on their own or have been able to fish from a boat. I have also been taken out by other members that target a different species than my favorite which is the Small Mouth Bass...I love fishing for the bronze backs.

I hope I haven't broken any forum rules buy posting those fishing sites. If so I sorry and feel free to delete my post.
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
TOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
gf2020

These sites are more saltwater focused, but they all have active freshwater participants as well:

http://www.reel-time.com/forum/

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
farechofisherman

Default fishing info

Toad, The "go to" fishing site is fishlakewinni.com. It has a large following and the members are very helpful and friendly. This is a top notch professional web site that specifically deals with fishing on winni. At the same time, people are more than welcome to inquire and have dialogue about alternative fishing spots such as Squam etc, and even the salt water now and then. This site has been around for many years and the members have social gatherings and a lot of good fishing interaction, whatever your target fish are. Check it out, good luck! You are doing what many of us dream about.
farechofisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farechofisherman For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (01-12-2010), trfour (01-12-2010)
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
Arubaman

Toad,

Check out http://www.myfishfinder.com

Its the sister site of iceshanty.com go under New Hampshire forums...Good Luck
Arubaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
murph

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
The problem is he spends the entire show catching 5" Smallmouth and talking about what beautiful coloring they have.

Not sure how much you'd learn by watching...
Seriously. Give me his salary, a brand new stratos and free gear, and ill wear new england sports apparel and go crazy on a boat all day long.
murph is offline   Reply With Quote