Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Beauport

Angry Hall and Oates concert refunds?

Anyone heard if LiveNation is going to refund ticket purchases for last night's Hall and Oates concert? After one song (literally...one song) by Hall and Oates a person came on stage and told everyone to go home because of lightning. Totally bizarre in that the weather radar showed the storm coming right overhead at the time they made the announcement...not the best time to send thousands outdoors to get to their cars. The lightning did not seem severe and passed within minutes. I sincerely hope LiveNation will be doing the right thing and refunding tickets which were certainly not cheap. If not, this is one concert goer who will not go back to the venue.

Last edited by Beauport; 08-19-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Beauport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beauport For This Useful Post:
Loub52 (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauport View Post
Anyone heard if LiveNation is going to refund ticket purchases for last night's Hall and Oates concert? After one song (literally...one song) by Hall and Oates a person came on stage and told everyone to go home because of lightning. Totally bizarre in that the weather radar showed the storm coming right overhead at the time the made the announcement...not the best time to send thousands outdoors to get to their cars. The lightning did not seem severe and passed within minutes. I sincerely hope LiveNation will be doing the right thing and refunding tickets which were certainly not cheap. If not, this is one concert goes who will not go back to the venue.
I hope you will get your money back but I kind of doubt that is going to happen.

The venue will use the excuse that they had to have all their help come in and set up as if it were a normal event; that alone costs a lot of $$$$$$$.

Keep us posted.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
I hope you will get your money back but I kind of doubt that is going to happen.

The venue will use the excuse that they had to have all their help come in and set up as if it were a normal event; that alone costs a lot of $$$$$$$.

Keep us posted.
Live Nation is a large company I hope they do the right thing. Question do these outside venues have insurance for these types of situations?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
8gv

Wifey tells me that the Farcebook page for Bank on NH Pavillion has an update on this.

It was an interesting night.

First, the guy on stage tells all the folks in the grass seating to leave.

The reason was a severe thunderstorm heading our way.

So, if it's too dangerous for them to be outside on the grass, how does sending them on the long trek to the parking lot improve their safety?

After the first song by H and O they told the rest of us to leave.

Instead of staying under a giant protective structure we were sent on the long trek to the parking lot.

Then we got drenched walking in the rain.

It was a mess all around.

With the benefit of hindsight, we could have waited it out and had a good show.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Heck, even my radar weather app showed that the storm was only going last a short while. They should of delayed starting the show.

Unfortunately, and I may be wrong but I believe as long as they play one song the band gets full pay from the venue...not very fair to their fans however!

Dan
Old 08-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #6
pjard

Default From WMUR

The venue is trying to schedule a makeup show.

"Once we decide if and when the new date is, if you're unable to make that date, then refunds will be available," Harding said.

Refunds will be handled through Ticketmaster. Any attendees who didn't buy directly through Ticketmaster will have to contact the seller to received the refund.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjard For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (08-18-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
Beauport

That's great to hear. Perhaps I was too quick to expect the worst. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
Beauport

Default LiveNation came through

I'm happy to say LiveNation is rescheduling the concert and also offering a refund alternative. Glad to know that they are doing the right thing. While I was expecting the worst, they did come through.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #9
Born on Winni

Default hall and oates....

I went to the box office yesterday at the Pavilion where I purchased our two tickets and the same kid that I bought the tickets from was there and he told me that they were not giving refunds at this time to give them a couple more days and they will contact us by email... I told him he did not have our email address and he shrugged his shoulders and turned and walked away... hoping for the best
Born on Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #10
jbolty

The entire industry of events and ticket sales is the biggest consumer rip off there is. Aside from the expensive shows there are the crazy add on fees, phony on line sales that sell out within seconds only to have the tickets mysteriously appear on stub hub minutes later and the refund policies.

A couple years ago I had tickets to a show at house of blues in san diego. Apparently the event was so popular they decided to move it to a much larger venue. The problem is the most expensive tickets at the new place were much cheaper than what I paid to Ticketmaster originally and they told me to pound sand. I eventually disputed the charge through my credit card but even that was a huge hassle.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #11
patman

https://www.nme.com/news/music/live-...market-2531286

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...eading-prices/
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patman For This Useful Post:
jetskier (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
145bluz

The problem was the way the cancellation was presented to the crowd. A man shows up from the pavilion on stage and states" the weather is dangerous, we are cancelling the show-everyone needs to go to their cars". .....and that was it..... nothing more and nothing less. A great way to influence the crowd IMHO lol. It would have been better with a little sympathy such as "you know folks the weather looks really bad right now and were really concerned for everyone's safety including the band..we have thought about it and we think it is best to stop the show at this point...we will need to check with the band to see what we might be able to do in the future...please be save and careful as you exit..I know alot of you are very disappointed. please check social media over the next several days..we will be in touch-be safe"
145bluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:22 AM   #13
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 145bluz View Post
The problem was the way the cancellation was presented to the crowd. A man shows up from the pavilion on stage and states" the weather is dangerous, we are cancelling the show-everyone needs to go to their cars". .....and that was it..... nothing more and nothing less. A great way to influence the crowd IMHO lol. It would have been better with a little sympathy such as "you know folks the weather looks really bad right now and were really concerned for everyone's safety including the band..we have thought about it and we think it is best to stop the show at this point...we will need to check with the band to see what we might be able to do in the future...please be save and careful as you exit..I know alot of you are very disappointed. please check social media over the next several days..we will be in touch-be safe"
That would be the politically correct way of doing things. But we all know that politically correct speaking is not the in thing today.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote