Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Mee-n-Mac

Question Links to member galleries

No big deal but is there any way to get to a members photo gallery other than via the members page in PhotoPost and then doing the click on "their letter" and then clicking on the picture shown above their name method ? I note clicking on their name whilst viewing a photo gets you to their "profile page" but the photo button there doesn't take you to their gallery in PhotoPost, it just shows some of their pics. And the more button at the botton of that "photo page" doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps the vB folks could make a link (?perhaps the non-functional more button?) on the "photo page" that would take a viewer to the respective gallery ?

ps - I note RG's gallery is still MIA. (add Just Sold, dcr, DRH, Sunset Bob, Skipper of the SeaQue and others as well)
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

For now you can click "Statistics" in the member profile and then click the number next to "Number of photos". That will display their full gallery.

There still is a bug which is stopping some members gallery thumbnails from showing in the Member Galleries display. I haven't been able to resolve it using Photopost's built in admin tools. I've worked on it a few times but have had to give up because of a lack of time. I finally have some time off from my real job between the holidays and I have quite a to-do list, including tackling that problem.

Keep in mind that VB and PhotoPost are separate programs written by different companies. They integrate together but there are a few things that don't work quite as I'd like. The Features Photos pane on the forum index comes from Photopost and VB settings have no effect on it.

Both VB and Photopost regularly update the software and most of the features and functionality improve over time although sometimes they take 2 steps forward and 1 backwards when they change something. As usual I'm at the mercy of the software developers at those companies. I'm just a user of the software just like all of you are.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
For now you can click "Statistics" in the member profile and then click the number next to "Number of photos". That will display their full gallery.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Keep in mind that VB and PhotoPost are separate programs written by different companies. They integrate together but there are a few things that don't work quite as I'd like.
I didn't know that. I'm surprised, they tend to play very well with each other (as a rule). From appearances I thought the PhotoPost was an outgrowth of VB's forum software.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
I didn't know that. I'm surprised, they tend to play very well with each other (as a rule). From appearances I thought the PhotoPost was an outgrowth of VB's forum software.
PhotoPost was designed to work with VB when both are installed. When the VB integration is turned on it uses VB's style sheets, user database and many of its settings.

The same applies to the new CMS (Content Management System) that I now use for most of the site. If I make a style change to VB it now shows up everywhere. The new Links system is another 3rd party program designed to integrate with VB and the new Classified system which is just about ready to roll out also integrates with VB. VB is the King of forum software and many software companies are hitching their wagons to them.

One of the advantages of all the integrated features is the ability to put highlights of every feature wherever I want. For example, the new homepage I'm working on will have featured forum threads, blogs, recent classifieds, random links and Photopost pictures all on one page. This kind of integration is something I've dreamed about for a long time and is all made possible by the (free) CMS program that now controls everything with VB as the core.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote