Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default This Forum

I must be a little slow or something. Can someone help me. This has happened to me many times and I can't figure it out. I noticed that under the boating category that someone submitted a new response. I clicked on the tread and paged down to the last written item on page 2 and the last response is dated a previous day and not the most recent reply??????????????????? Why is this. Why if I go to the end of the most recent response is the most recent resp[onse not there?? What am I doing wrong????????????? I find that I need to waste my time trying to scroll thru and find the most recent reply. I do know that if I want to read that 1 reply I would simply click on the arrow next to that reply and it will bring me to that one reply. The problem being is that after reading that one reply it talks about a previouse reply and that previous reply is not accessable. Let me know if I need to change my settings or something. Thanks
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Island Life

Just a thought: are you sure there isn't a second page of responses but you're still on the first page? It's a stupid mistake that I've made several times.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Smile Could It Be?

Your settings may be just fine. Did you know that not everyone has the privilege to post and have it immediately appear?
(Our wonderful Webmaster has reasons for this.) I believe these posts end up where they should be chronologically and can sometimes be missed.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
jrc

Default Linear Mode

In the upper right there a selection called Display mode, you probably want linear mode. That should put replies in chronological order. The other modes try to follow thread and reponses within a topic.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Your settings may be just fine. Did you know that not everyone has the privilege to post and have it immediately appear?
(Our wonderful Webmaster has reasons for this.) I believe these posts end up where they should be chronologically and can sometimes be missed.
OHR I believe RG hit the nail on the head. Some posters are moderated and their posts appear later than others after the Moderator approves them. Once approved the post gets shuffled into the deck so to speak according to when the post was made. Hope this helps.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Default ...forum probation.

Yes, there are a number of posters who get put on forum probation. Their posts get screened......myself included......at this time. It must be my 3rd or 4th rotation through probation.

Maybe you have noticed that APS has been missing from the forum. I understand that he can not log in, or something? Do not know if it is a technical problem, or what? If he had his druthers, he would be present.

Agree or disagree with him, APS certainly had some long and informative posts, complete with photos and reference links.

Anyway..... so what does it take to go from forum probation to forum parole?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Yes, there are a number of posters who get put on forum probation. Their posts get screened......myself included......at this time. It must be my 3rd or 4th rotation through probation.

Maybe you have noticed that APS has been missing from the forum. I understand that he can not log in, or something? Do not know if it is a technical problem, or what? If he had his druthers, he would be present.

Agree or disagree with him, APS certainly had some long and informative posts, complete with photos and reference links.

Anyway..... so what does it take to go from forum probation to forum parole?
FLL, The reason I keep putting you on moderation is your habit of hijacking threads. Every time I "parole" you you go back to your old habits. I will again remove your moderation but please, if you don't have a comment directly related to the thread topic stay out of it!

Although I do moderate APS's posts, he is not restricted from logging in or posting. If he is having trouble logging in he should contact me.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
kjbathe

Default Everyting in Moderation...

I couldn't help but chuckle when I thought, "For what sin did Don get assigned the task of moderating this group?" All in good humor, and I guess it's a labor of love, but one has to admit it's been some tough sledding in here lately.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbathe View Post
I couldn't help but chuckle when I thought, "For what sin did Don get assigned the task of moderating this group?" All in good humor, and I guess it's a labor of love, but one has to admit it's been some tough sledding in here lately.
Totally agree. He has a thankless job for sure weighing when a member has gone too far. He rightfully pointed out in response to FLL's post about the constant hijacking of threads with statements that have nothing to do with the subject. Hey wait, is that what I'm doing right now? Sorry. Don't feel bad FLL, I've been moderated myself. But please don't tell him how to do his job, it's his site.
Back to the question. I have my page setup in chronological order. I click on new posts and only the threads that have new posts I have not seen come up. Click on that thread and I scroll right down to the first highlighted thread so I don't have to reread posts. I like this method and you won't miss posts that preceed them.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
Merrymeeting

and speaking as a moderator of other forums for literally decades, Don is one of the best, most even I have encountered. If you end up on probabtion with him, its time to take a hard look in the mirror. he should have been a judge (and I have a good friend who is one. Don would give him a run for his money!)

Well done Don, and thanks again.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default back to the original subject

If you have Internet Explorer as your program to view web contents, It does not always 'refresh' your pages with what is on the website. But rather refresh what was captured in the previous search. if that happens hold the control key down while pressing 'f5' key. "Refresh". This will give you the latest page on the website.