Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
PatriGirl

Default Year Round Access to Steele Hill

Years ago my husband and I purchased timeshare at Steele Hill Resorts in Sanbornton, NH, about 20 minutes from our vacation home in Gunstock Acres, Gilford. Although our purchase gives us 52,000 points every other year, or use of a 1 Bedroom suite in Steele Hill East during weeks 7-52, we did not purchase the timeshare for the accommodations, but rather for the amenities (see link).

https://steelehillresorts.com/amenities/

As owners we have full access to the resort year round which has come in great when we and/or the kids needed a break from the lake, mountain, or house. Indoor pools come in very handy when the kids are feeling cooped up no matter what season it is! Add to that free golfing, a place to sled, snowmobile, ice skate, restaurants, and more, it has truly been a bargain. Essentially it's like having year-round membership to a country club, plus you may bring guests. The maintenance fees and taxes have remained very stable with only small increases (a few dollars) year to year. Fees/taxes for 2020 were $399.05.

Sadly, our time in NH is being put on hold for the foreseeable future as we are moving to NC. I would like to sell the timeshare to someone for the cost of the transfer fee ($200) plus half of this years fees/taxes that have already been paid simply because I feel that over the years we more than got our money's worth on our investment despite never having once used our week or points to make an exchange for accommodations at another resort.

If you are interested in year round membership at Steele Hill to augment your Lake's region lifestyle, please contact me for more information.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:01 PM   #2
thebix

Default Check out TUG

Suggest you checkout the Timeshare Users Group.
Lots of good info on buying, selling, renting, etc.
They can help you learn what a possible value (if any) will be to sell, or ways to 'dispose' of it. Many owners use the TUG bargain sales forums to essentially give it away, or sell for the kind of low price you are suggesting.

http://www.timeshare-users-group.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to thebix For This Useful Post:
PatriGirl (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 04:37 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriGirl View Post
Years ago my husband and I purchased timeshare at Steele Hill Resorts in Sanbornton, NH, about 20 minutes from our vacation home in Gunstock Acres, Gilford. Although our purchase gives us 52,000 points every other year, or use of a 1 Bedroom suite in Steele Hill East during weeks 7-52, we did not purchase the timeshare for the accommodations, but rather for the amenities (see link).

https://steelehillresorts.com/amenities/

As owners we have full access to the resort year round which has come in great when we and/or the kids needed a break from the lake, mountain, or house. Indoor pools come in very handy when the kids are feeling cooped up no matter what season it is! Add to that free golfing, a place to sled, snowmobile, ice skate, restaurants, and more, it has truly been a bargain. Essentially it's like having year-round membership to a country club, plus you may bring guests. The maintenance fees and taxes have remained very stable with only small increases (a few dollars) year to year. Fees/taxes for 2020 were $399.05.

Sadly, our time in NH is being put on hold for the foreseeable future as we are moving to NC. I would like to sell the timeshare to someone for the cost of the transfer fee ($200) plus half of this years fees/taxes that have already been paid simply because I feel that over the years we more than got our money's worth on our investment despite never having once used our week or points to make an exchange for accommodations at another resort.

If you are interested in year round membership at Steele Hill to augment your Lake's region lifestyle, please contact me for more information.
This is a wonderful offer. Good on you for paying it forward, and best of luck in NC!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
PatriGirl (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #4
Y2K

Is the timeshare ONLY for Steele Hill, or for any of the resorts (Steele Hill, Summit and The Center Harbor Inn)?

We love the Steele Hill resort and it's sister resort The Summit right around the corner of Weirs Beach. We split a timeshare with my in-laws so we each use the points ever other year. My family is scheduled to stay at The Summit the 2nd week in July, but may ask for the points to go back in the bank since it's not looking like the family vacation spots (amusement parts, Fun Spot, Mt. Washington) will be fully accessible to make it a quality vacation
The Following User Says Thank You to Y2K For This Useful Post:
ApS (06-30-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #5
PatriGirl

My timeshare is only for Steele Hill. We bought it back in 2008 I believe, so we only have access to the one resort. Some owners do have access to all 3, but I'm not one of them
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
mrs meredith weekender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriGirl View Post
Is this still available? I've often thought that this might be a great thing in the winter months for our young grandkids (4,3,2 and 5 months). We are on Meredith Bay. I think the indoor pool might get used a few times a year!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs meredith weekender For This Useful Post:
RL_at_LB (12-04-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 08:50 AM   #7
PatriGirl

Default Steele Hill Resort timeshare has a new owner!

Thank you to those who expressed interest in the Steele Hill Resort timeshare that I posted. It has been transferred to a new owner and I hope he and his family enjoy many, many years of recreation there!
The Following User Says Thank You to PatriGirl For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-30-2020)
Closed Thread