Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Marketplace
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #1
GTO

Default Exercise bike

Checked the classifieds but found nothing. Just had a partial knee replacement and was looking for a stationary bike to help in the rehab. Maybe someone has one in the garage collecting dust?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Checked the classifieds but found nothing. Just had a partial knee replacement and was looking for a stationary bike to help in the rehab. Maybe someone has one in the garage collecting dust?
Since the pandemic home gym equipment has been very hard to come by. New or used.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
I.C.Isles (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #3
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Since the pandemic home gym equipment has been very hard to come by. New or used.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Not sure that I believe that. I just did a basic search on CL and found 33 for sale. Just one site that sells stuff.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
NH.Solar

Do you currently have a regular bicycle? If so, consider picking up one of these. I bought one a few years back and have put enough miles on it since to require a new rear tire. Its quiet and smooth and you can easily change the load by just shifting gears.
I shattered a knee at Cannon about thirty years ago and biking was the key factor to restoring my active life. The knee is fairly arthritic now and frequently hurts a bit, but hopping on the bike for few minutes is all it takes to make the pain go away, motion is the lotion. By the way, I still usually get 35+ days at Cannon each winter ...thanks to biking!
The Following User Says Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post:
GTO (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar View Post
Do you currently have a regular bicycle? If so, consider picking up one of these. I bought one a few years back and have put enough miles on it since to require a new rear tire. Its quiet and smooth and you can easily change the load by just shifting gears.
I shattered a knee at Cannon about thirty years ago and biking was the key factor to restoring my active life. The knee is fairly arthritic now and frequently hurts a bit, but hopping on the bike for few minutes is all it takes to make the pain go away, motion is the lotion. By the way, I still usually get 35+ days at Cannon each winter ...thanks to biking!
I'd like to do exactly this. After a lifetime as a runner, needing to switch to riding due to increasing arthritis in my knees too. But would prefer a bike I can use outside most of the year, with one of these flywheel setups for the winter months. But the problem right now is that, as with many exercise related items, finding a decent bike at a decent price is proving to be difficult.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links