Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #1
SailinAway

Default Wet drywall

Now that there's a tarp over my roof, I'm wondering what to do about the wet drywall in the upstairs bedroom. It got quite wet and the wallpaper is pulling away from the wall. The air conditioner is on to try to dry it out and that seems to be helping.

I'm wondering if I should remove the wallpaper to let the wall dry, or if I do that, will that make it easier to spread mold into the air? (I'm not sleeping upstairs due to the possibility of mold.) I won't be able to replace the drywall for some time if that's needed as I have to take care of the roof replacement first.

Also, should I open the door to the space under the eaves to help dry out that space? Or would that allow unhealthy air into the house? There is minimal ventilation in the attic (will be partially solved with roof vents when the roof is replaced).

Please note: (1) Insurance does not apply here because the roof was too old. (2) I'm a senior citizen with limited funds. I can't do what most would consider ideal in this situation.

Last edited by SailinAway; 07-21-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added note about insurance and funds
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote