Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Wildlife
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
Lynnio

Default Bear in Lakeport!

In the 7+ years I've lived in NH, I've never seen a bear (my husband has seen lots of them as he drives around for work, though). I've never even seen a bear while out hiking. But this morning as I was coming back from my walk/run and one of my neighbors a few blocks away was heading out for his run, he gave me a heads up and showed me a video of a bear in his neighbor's yard (recorded last night). After I thanked him for letting me know and then took about 6 steps away toward home, there went the bear running across the street.

So if you're in Lakeport just be aware - the bear was spotted around 6 PM Sunday night near the intersection of Belvidere & Jefferson Streets, and Monday morning a little after 6:30 AM near the intersection of Jefferson & North Streets (it was heading north on North Street). Hopefully it will make its way up toward the state forest.
Lynnio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
kauriel

I saw two bears crossing Rt 3 near the Meredith/Laconia border last Sunday 8/28. One ran across the road in front of my car and then another crossed behind our car. I freaked out because there was a guardrail on the other side where the first bear was headed but it just ducked right under it and got out of the road quickly.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
Tomt

I was walking the dog yesterday in Moultonborough and when I got back to the house a woman who was walking said to me "did you see the bear cub in your front yard"? I said how long ago? she said about 20 min. Guess I missed it I probably walked right by it, the timing was right. you think the dog would have seen it.
Tomt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #4
chaseisland

Default Treed bear

One neighbor has chipmunk problem, the other has a duck issue with a poop riddled dock, and I have a bear in the pine tree in my front yard. Oh how I wish for chipmunk or duck problems.
Attached Images

chaseisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
Doobs41378

We were staying in Moultonborough a few years ago and we had one climb up the tree next to camp. It was pretty neat to see but you could tell he was scared. In the am he wasn't there anymore.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
donnamatrix

Default Bear on the porch

We live in Moultonboro. This is photo of the big guy that climbed up our front porch 2 years ago. We always have bears. Make noise when you are out, take a whistle with you. This fellow looked to be about 500-600 pounds.
Attached Images

donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donnamatrix For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (09-08-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #7
Lynnio

My hubby is in Moultonborough for work a lot, and that's usually where he sees bears. One even crossed the street in the crosswalk on the neck road last year! He saw one on Bay Street in Wolfeboro this past Saturday, too. They're certainly venturing into towns more with the drought.
Lynnio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
chaseisland

Default gone

Watched the bear climb down the tree, only stopping half way to leave us a fecal and urine sample. It then nosed around the yard for 15 minutes before heading over to the neighbors. I think his chipmunk problem just got bigger. Oh yes, I watched this process with a .45 Judge in hand.
chaseisland is offline   Reply With Quote