Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Wildlife
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2016, 07:07 AM   #1
GTO

Default Meredith Moose.....

After many unsuccessful dusk rides looking to see my first moose, a few weeks ago we took a ride up to moose alley in Pittsburg NH. Within 5 minutes, I saw my the first moose. Standing, almost posing on the side of the road, we parked across from it and took lots of pictures. Cross that off my bucket list. Then I get home from work last night and my son was just going out to a friends house. He called about a minute later and said there's a moose walking up the road. I ran from the house and standing in the middle of the road was a huge moose. He slowly walked into some nearby woods. stopped and posed for a few pictures. Once he reached the open corn field on rte 25, he went into a full trot and he was gone. Amazing watching such a big animal run that fast. Two moose in a month!!
beantownbaby (06-04-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
After many unsuccessful dusk rides looking to see my first moose, a few weeks ago we took a ride up to moose alley in Pittsburg NH. Within 5 minutes, I saw my the first moose. Standing, almost posing on the side of the road, we parked across from it and took lots of pictures. Cross that off my bucket list. Then I get home from work last night and my son was just going out to a friends house. He called about a minute later and said there's a moose walking up the road. I ran from the house and standing in the middle of the road was a huge moose. He slowly walked into some nearby woods. stopped and posed for a few pictures. Once he reached the open corn field on rte 25, he went into a full trot and he was gone. Amazing watching such a big animal run that fast. Two moose in a month!!
Moose Alley in Pittsburgh is pretty cool. I remember driving up there a couple decades ago and wondering why people were sitting in lawn chairs on the side of the "main" road. Well, that was until the mooses started popping out!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
Sunbeam lodge (06-04-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
radiocontester

My wife and I saw a moose last night at approximately 9:30pm.....right in front of our SUV shortly after leaving Alton on route 11. Luckily I swerved just in time to miss it completely, but it was a near miss at full speed. We encountered a deer in the middle of the road on route 125 shortly thereafter and once again we were able to swerve out of it's way. What a night.....be careful out there folks!!!
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
kawishiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Moose Alley in Pittsburgh is pretty cool. I remember driving up there a couple decades ago and wondering why people were sitting in lawn chairs on the side of the "main" road. Well, that was until the mooses started popping out!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Rt 16 & 26 south of Errol sure was a "Moose Alley" as well for me one Memorial Day weekend. I drove both roads at dusk and was reduced to 25 mph for my own safety. There were moose blocking my view of other moose.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kawishiwi For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #5
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We had a small one over on Veasey shore road yesterday. In the past there were a couple of large ones near page pond.
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
GTO

Default Close by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
We had a small one over on Veasey shore road yesterday. In the past there were a couple of large ones near page pond.
This one was originally seen at patrician shores and the came over to our association, eventually running thru the corn field near 25 down towards the canoe. Maybe this was the mother of the small ones because she was big
Old 06-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
LongshotLombard

Default Meridith Monster.

I saw something Big on Western Lane at Fish Cove, A Deer or Moose or Bigfoot? It was Black in color, only saw it for 3 or 4 secs then lost it.
LongshotLombard is offline   Reply With Quote