Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
halclyon
Deceased Member

Default Getting ready for angling!

Many of you know there is a web site called www.fishlakewinni.com on which is a button for the Message Board for chatting about fishing. This year for the 3rd year Master Angler Travis Williams is organizing a Sunday afternoon anglers' dinner ($12 buffet with beer $1/glass) on Sunday, April 3 at 3:30 PM, at Townsend"s Tavern at the Glendale docks near the Water Safety office.

I'll be doing a panel on my book, ANGLING IN THE SMILE OF THE GREAT SPIRIT -- 6 CENTURIES OF WISDOM FROM THE MASTER ANGLERS OF LAKE WINNI with 6 or 7 of the Master Anglers sharing their tips and tales. This will be followed by a talk by lake biologist, John Viar, talking about the health of the salmon we are all getting ready to catch. (My book will be available at the dinner or at www.deepwaterspress.com)

If interested in attending phone Travis Williams at: 253-7530 or 455-0268 to RSVP. (Over 40 have already signed up!)

Good angling,

Hal Lyon
halclyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
b8tcaster

Default give it a break will ya?

seems to me every post is just another book promotion
b8tcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Lake Lady 6

Default halclyon - Great Angling

I gave this book to my husband last year and he really enjoyed it. As fishing is his greatest enjoyment he is disappointed not to be home in NH to attend the program. Will be there for ice-out though.
Too bad some contributors to this forum (and they are in the minority) can only find fault.
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #4
Island Girl

Default I want that book

Thanks for the post, Halclyon... I keep meaning to get it last summer. I don't fish... but think I might want to.

Several years ago, Island Guy and I had a little row boat and an electric motor. We put it in at ponds in our area including Walden Pond. We tried to catch fish. What we found out is that presentation is everything and we were clueless as to what each species liked the best.

Then we bought the bowrider, came to Winnipesaukee, and never fished again. I am thinking I would like to try again and reading your book might give me a clue.

Thanks for the reminder as the season begins! I wish I could be at your talk today... let us know if you are doing any more.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
KBoater

Default Book

Halcyon,
I gave your book to a relative who is a fisherman. He enjoyed it while recovering from back surgery. Good read during a NH shut in winter.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #6
Grant

Default LOVE the book!

Dr. Lyon:

Thanks for such a wonderful book. I'd read about here last year, and then saw it in the bookstores in the region. My wife picked up for me as an anniversary present, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I am planning to pick up another copy to leave at our Lake house -- great reading for anyone who loves the Lake -- fisherman or not!

I especially liked the sections in which the master anglers shared their experiences and best practices. Very interesting.

Regards,

gfe