Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2005, 05:45 AM   #1
dpg

Default Buying A License On-Line

Hi - Has anyone bought a fishing license on line? Just wondering do they physically send you a license or is there simply something that you print? Also, are you allowed to begin fishing right away (I'd assume you must.) Also, if something gets sent to you what do you do while you wait for it to arrive - thanks.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
JohnNH

Default On-Line License

When you complete the process, you simply print out the license. I also save a copy to my files - - in the event you need a replacement = lost/to wet to read, etc.. You can start fishing immediately.
JohnNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Bear Islander

Be careful what you click, they try and sell you a combined hunting/fishing license.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
dpg

K - thanks.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
TomC

Default if you are licenced, but don't have it on you..

what happens if a F&G guy stops you? can you produce it later?
also can you help a youngster fish as an unlicensed adult (ie reel in the fish, etc)
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #6
JohnNH

If you are helping a youngster fish and even hold the rod - you need a license.

$35 for 365 days of fishing is cheap and the smile from the youngster you spent some time with is priceless.
JohnNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
jrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
what happens if a F&G guy stops you? can you produce it later?
Depending on the officer, they can radio in to check. The new ones are printable, I just printed out a few copies and put them everywhere I could possibly need one. Even if you buy it in store, there is a URL (www.greatlodge.com/nh/license/print?printable...) on the printout. You can always go there and print a new copy. Just make sure you sign it. The only bad part is that the new ones are printed on plain paper so they don't hold up to water.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #8
Grant

Default PDF It!

I've been buying licenses online for both PA and NH for years now, and have found that the following is smart.

Buy the license.
When prompted to print the license, print one, but also save one as a PDF. That way, if you lose it, you have another printable version on your hard drive.
And, while you're at it, print a second copy. After all, you're printing on regular paper, which doesn't fare too well when wet. I put on in the tackle box, and another in my glove box.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Printing and "wet"

If you access to a laser printer, you would not have the problems of most inkjet type printers (Epson, HP, Canon, Lexmark etc) have with ink getting wet and smudging or running. Epson printers that use Durabrite ink are water resistant and do not smudge or run any where near like their counterparts do. And there is always laminating!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #10
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee
If you access to a laser printer, you would not have the problems of most inkjet type printers (Epson, HP, Canon, Lexmark etc) have with ink getting wet and smudging or running. Epson printers that use Durabrite ink are water resistant and do not smudge or run any where near like their counterparts do. And there is always laminating!
Actually, I printed mine on a color laser printer this year (at work, of course). The color's not the problem -- it's the paper... But, yes, I've laminated them in the past, but still print and PDF it because I think I'll lose it. That being said, today, while cleaning out my car, I found a 2000 Pennsylvania license with trout stamp under my driver's seat....(and, yes, I HAVE cleaned my truck since 2000!)...
Old 06-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #11
playinghooky

Default Duplicate licenses when purchased in a store

I tried to locate a link to print a duplicate fishing license for one I purchaed in a store. I checked the website and could not find anywhere that it would let me print a duplicate so I emailed fish and game and following is the response:

Question: I purchased a NH fishing license in a store. It's
printed on regular paper that gets wet occasionally and is starting to get
hard to read. Is it possible to print a new license online. If so what is
the web address to find it. I looked on your website and was unable to
locate it.
Thanks for your help.

Answer: Duplicates are only available from Vendor locations in the state of NH.
Please visit one of these locations to get a copy of your license.

So, I guess the answer is that if you bought one in a store you must go back to a store to have a duplicate printed out.
playinghooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #12
jrc

Default printing duplicate license from store

On the very bottom of my store bought license is the following web address. If I go there, I see my license and I can print it. Even though I bought it at Wal-mart in March.

https://www.greatlodge.com/nh/license/print?printable=05-999999-07041966&stype=wm

I've changed a the numbers for my privacy. My wife's license has the same format, but the number sequence is different. On the paper license the first line after the title has the same numbers, it says "License Year: 2005 05-999999" I guess "05" is the year and the next digits are some kind of control. They are not the same as the Authorization number. The next eight numbers are date of birth.

Last edited by jrc; 06-14-2005 at 10:45 AM.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #13
nshore

After you purchase your license online, you should get an email telling you that....... "You have successfully purchased a New Hampshire license". At the bottom of this email, they will give you a link to go to:
"You can print and/or reprint your license at the following URL:

Just save this email and you can always go back, click on the link and your license will come up...you can just reprint it if needed..
nshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #14
playinghooky

Default Printable License

jrc,
Thanks for that info. I inserted the number from my license (05-xxxxxx) and then my date of birth (ddmmyyyy) into the url that you supplied and it brought up my license which I was then able to print. I guess Fish and Game either doesn't know this or do not want it released. Thanks again.
playinghooky is offline   Reply With Quote