Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
corollaman
Senior Member
 
corollaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Laconia NH
Posts: 181
Thanks: 8
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Meredith Ford

What is going on with Meredith Ford? I have noticed that for the past few weeks, there weren't any new cars out front, just the used ones over to the side.
Today I drive by, and the used ones are gone too. Doesn't look like they're open anymore. Is another dealer going in? Are they the latest casualty of the cruddy economy? Someone please fill me in what happened to them. They've been around for years, and now it looks like they're all done.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
no-engine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West side Winnipesaukee, Lakes Region
Posts: 516
Thanks: 20
Thanked 52 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Rumor says they have had a site in Plymouth. Total rumor.

Unfortunate for another vacant business site!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
MV1
Member
 
MV1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Meredith
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Meredith Ford & Plymouth Ford are same Dealership...Aubuchon Hardware is supposed to be moving to Meredith Ford building
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Grandpa Redneck
Senior Member
 
Grandpa Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: White Mountain Area NH
Posts: 155
Thanks: 305
Thanked 112 Times in 59 Posts
Default Now in Plymouth

Yep, its a fact, they have moved everything to Plymouth.
__________________
Freedom Lovin' gun crazy Redneck
Grandpa Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
no-engine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West side Winnipesaukee, Lakes Region
Posts: 516
Thanks: 20
Thanked 52 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1 View Post
Meredith Ford & Plymouth Ford are same Dealership...Aubuchon Hardware is supposed to be moving to Meredith Ford building
We knew both are French family.

Does those moves sort of indicate that Aubuchon might be anticipating a roundabout? I am aware that Pizza now vacant and Aubuchon rent.

State would be crazy........
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
TomC
Senior Member
 
TomC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MA & Moultonboro
Posts: 543
Thanks: 8
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Default roundabout

if i recall correctly, someone once posted the plans/concept for the roundabout at rts 25 and 3. was a few years ago.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
donnamatrix
Senior Member
 
donnamatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonboro
Posts: 833
Thanks: 24
Thanked 258 Times in 120 Posts
Default Who's on First?

I hear that before anyone can move to the Meredith Ford site, the EPA must be satisfied that the ground on the site is acceptable - and I hear that it is NOT acceptable. The site has been home to several different types of service companies over the years, and there will be testing of the soils. MVSB owns all the property at the corner including pizza joint and Aubuchon... I don't think the roundabout, which has been talked about for years, is a done deal yet, as all 4 of the corners at the intersection will lose some land to accommodate the roundabout. The state can probablay take what it wants by eminent domain (for the betterment of the community) - but I don't think anything has been decided yet.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
MV1
Member
 
MV1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Meredith
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Last I knew they'd found old in-ground tank with oil still present so that will need to be taken care off before anything can happen. Roundabout if it happens will be fun to watch on a busy sunday afternoon...talk about bumper cars!!!!!
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,987
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 262
Thanked 870 Times in 626 Posts
Default

The new home of Meredith Ford on Tenney Mt Hgwy in Plymouth used to be home for Fred Madore Chevrolet, and it looks to be much bigger and more spacious than the 50-year old Meredith location plus be located on a much more busy traffic area what with Walmart nearby. The old location in Meredith is just a wee bit off the beaten path and a wee bit remote. The sign out front of Meredith Ford in Plymouth is incredibly small in size. How's anyone going to know that it is a big high-powered, incredibly well built, designed, and serviced FORD MOTOR CARS DEALERSHIP with that tiny little sign?

The new Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, needs some much bigger, and much better signs out front there, ayuh!

FORD.....the only one that made it without a government hand-out!!!
__________________
.... age-70 & suffering terrible chronic tinnitus ... omg!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
songkrai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 699
Thanks: 34
Thanked 140 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Good luck to them.

Ford makes a fine product now. Just as good or better then the Japanese. And many/most of the Japanese cars are made right here in the good ole USA.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Lakesrider
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 380
Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default

During the Bail out time period, Ford had arranged for a 9 Billion dollar line of credit should the economy falter more. They also received 5.9 billion to retool factories via Gov't loans. In it's 2008 letter to Congress it stated that it would be initiating a $14 billion plan to produce more energy efficient vehicles. $5.9 Billion of that coming from Government loans. So indeed they did receive assistance from the Gov't. Just not under what is called a bailout or bridge loan.
Ford also lobbied hard for the Cash for clunkers and the Bailouts to Chrysler and GM as Ford would have also been hurt through supplier overlap which would be hurt if the bailouts did not happen.
So Bailout (bridge loan) no....But they didn't get nothing out of the Gov't during this time frame. And let's not forget that these "Bailouts are simply loans. Not free money. Everything is due to be paid back. Sorry. I just can't stand it when I hear people say that they won't buy a car from a Bailed out company. Don't kid yourselves. Ford got bailed out too.
Maybe we shouldn't buy a house from someone that got Federal mortgage assistance either? Hmmmmm.......
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,987
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 262
Thanked 870 Times in 626 Posts
Default

Driving past the Meredith location today, it is clear that it is totally closed up now and all that remains is the very large sign out front that says "FORD" in the blue and white Ford Oval.

My crystal ball tells me that this too, the big Ford Sign, will soon be getting trucked over to Plymouth for an install at their new Plymouth location.

One quick question; will the business be called Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, or will it be: Plymouth Ford, formerly located in Meredith?

For what it's worth; I'd call it Plymouth Ford, just because it is a heck of a lot less confusing than calling it Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth!
__________________
.... age-70 & suffering terrible chronic tinnitus ... omg!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,517
Thanks: 1,031
Thanked 636 Times in 358 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
During the Bail out time period, Ford had arranged for a 9 Billion dollar line of credit should the economy falter more. They also received 5.9 billion to retool factories via Gov't loans. In it's 2008 letter to Congress it stated that it would be initiating a $14 billion plan to produce more energy efficient vehicles. $5.9 Billion of that coming from Government loans. So indeed they did receive assistance from the Gov't. Just not under what is called a bailout or bridge loan.
Ford also lobbied hard for the Cash for clunkers and the Bailouts to Chrysler and GM as Ford would have also been hurt through supplier overlap which would be hurt if the bailouts did not happen.
So Bailout (bridge loan) no....But they didn't get nothing out of the Gov't during this time frame. And let's not forget that these "Bailouts are simply loans. Not free money. Everything is due to be paid back. Sorry. I just can't stand it when I hear people say that they won't buy a car from a Bailed out company. Don't kid yourselves. Ford got bailed out too.
Maybe we shouldn't buy a house from someone that got Federal mortgage assistance either? Hmmmmm.......
Interesting Lakesrider. I heard your surgery went well, looking forward to seeing you post again. The public perception is that Ford received no bailout. Wonder why the anti-business crowd haven't tried to tell the story. I hadn't heard of your version till now.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #14
Greene's Basin Girl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Posts: 1,515
Thanks: 394
Thanked 526 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Driving past the Meredith location today, it is clear that it is totally closed up now and all that remains is the very large sign out front that says "FORD" in the blue and white Ford Oval.

My crystal ball tells me that this too, the big Ford Sign, will soon be getting trucked over to Plymouth for an install at their new Plymouth location.

One quick question; will the business be called Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, or will it be: Plymouth Ford, formerly located in Meredith?

For what it's worth; I'd call it Plymouth Ford, just because it is a heck of a lot less confusing than calling it Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth!
I believe the Plymouth location has been there for years.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
no-engine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West side Winnipesaukee, Lakes Region
Posts: 516
Thanks: 20
Thanked 52 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I believe the Plymouth location has been there for years.
YES! It has.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
Happy Gourmand
Senior Member
 
Happy Gourmand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ruskin FL
Posts: 1,025
Thanks: 182
Thanked 322 Times in 179 Posts
Default Meredith FORD in Plymouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Driving past the Meredith location today, it is clear that it is totally closed up now and all that remains is the very large sign out front that says "FORD" in the blue and white Ford Oval.

My crystal ball tells me that this too, the big Ford Sign, will soon be getting trucked over to Plymouth for an install at their new Plymouth location.

One quick question; will the business be called Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth, or will it be: Plymouth Ford, formerly located in Meredith?

For what it's worth; I'd call it Plymouth Ford, just because it is a heck of a lot less confusing than calling it Meredith Ford, now located in Plymouth!
Why not? Laconia Harley Davidson is in Meredith!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
SIKSUKR
Senior Member
 
SIKSUKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,075
Thanks: 215
Thanked 902 Times in 509 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Why not? Laconia Harley Davidson is in Meredith!
Good point.I noticed Kentucky Fried Chix and Boston Chicken in Manchester the other day.
__________________
SIKSUKR
SIKSUKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
no-engine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West side Winnipesaukee, Lakes Region
Posts: 516
Thanks: 20
Thanked 52 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Why not? Laconia Harley Davidson is in Meredith!
When current owners bought, they changed the name. Maybe former owners would not release the name's registration... Only speculation...

Development "Meredith Bay" is in Laconia ~ stupid if I were asked.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.71273 seconds