Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
dt5150

Default NW Marine Industries

just wanted to give a quick review of nick at nw marine industries. i had just bought a new-to-me boat that had some questionable electrical modifications done to it. a 2000 model year boat with only 2 previous owners, but they had managed to hack up the wiring pretty good. once i started seeing cheap connectors, screw-on wire caps and lots of electrical tape, i knew it was gonna get ugly. so, i contacted dan, (ishoot308), because i knew he'd had some electrical work done and he highly recommended nick. i contacted nick and he came over to assess the boat. long story short, ALL of the hack wiring had to be completely replaced. every accessory on the boat was rewired and relocated as well as 2 new agm batteries and a battery switch. my biggest worry was getting stranded on the lake or worse, fire (which there was evidence of, a connector on the windshield wiper motor had actually melted to the side of the motor, nearly causing a fire). now i don't have to worry about any of that because everything is now properly wired with the correct materials. everything is neat and clean and labeled. nick worked his butt off to make my boat not only usable but totally reliable and dependable. and it was a big job! i would highly recommend nick for any and all electrical work on your boat or trailer. he knows this stuff inside and out and it shows! and his rates are more than fair, waaaay less than any marina, and you'll likely get better work. a big thumbs up for nick, thanks bud.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
Downeast

No problem, It was right up my alley and aside from some of the rain we had, It all went very well considering what we were up against after filling that 5 gallon bucket with bad wiring.

It looks great with the new symmetrical antennas topside, relocating the MFD displays, battery charger, buss bars and course computer really cleaned things up. Now that everything is interfaced you have full use of a very powerful system that's now properly installed

It was a lot of fun and the lobster roll was damn good lol

thanks for letting me onboard clean it all up. It is nice feeling when you can flip a switch in the worst of conditions and know everything will operate as it should with confidence.

Rock on !
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
Hillcountry

Good to know and kudos for a great job!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
No problem, It was right up my alley and aside from some of the rain we had, It all went very well considering what we were up against after filling that 5 gallon bucket with bad wiring.

It looks great with the new symmetrical antennas topside, relocating the MFD displays, battery charger, buss bars and course computer really cleaned things up. Now that everything is interfaced you have full use of a very powerful system that's now properly installed

It was a lot of fun and the lobster roll was damn good lol

thanks for letting me onboard clean it all up. It is nice feeling when you can flip a switch in the worst of conditions and know everything will operate as it should with confidence.

Rock on !
Do you do things as simple as figure out why 1 speaker of mine does not work? It used to fade in and out and now nothing. For awhile the head unit did not make any of the speakers work so I assume it is a loose wire or something along those lines.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Nick does great work at very fair prices. He works on your boat like it was his own. He is very talented and capable and the work is first class.

I had him wire two pontoon boats from stereo systems with amplifiers down to the fuel guage. He even cut the motor mount to make room for some of the steering parts. He is capable of more than just wiring and he does a great job!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #6
dt5150

don't forget the homemade peach cobbler
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #7
Cat Staff

Default I Second That Emotion

Brand new to the forum, brand new to "boating", I also had a "new-to-me" 2001 Sea Ray 180 that had some electrical "issues". Based upon what I saw in the forum, I contacted NW Industries. Nick came to my house in Meredith and within a short time, had resolved a number of electrical and mechanical issues. This young man is a "pro" and a tremendous source of information on all things "boating". Like "DT5150 had to say, I would highly recommend Nick for any and all electrical work on your boat or trailer. He knows this stuff inside and out and it shows!"
Cat Staff is offline   Reply With Quote