Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-30-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
glennsteely

Thumbs up Weathervane Seafood....

We were up on Memorial Day weekend and had an outstanding meal at a restaurant in The Weirs. I couldn't remember the name, but I just saw "Weathervane Seafood" on my credit card bill. I'm not sure if that was the name of the place or not, but that was the place's name on my credit card statement. I hope you can figure it out....

I can not say enough about this little place, facing straight down the street, next to the entrance for the "Winnipesaukee Pier" It had ice cream and the kitchen area downstairs and the eating area was upstairs.

We started with Watermelon Margaritas - AWESOME!! Ice cold, huge in a sugar rimmed margarita glass!! Had some onion petals for an appetizer, which were great! The tender, sweet inner parts of the onion, instead of the big, outer rings, battered and fried just right!
My wife had the "Double Stuffed Lobster Roll" which had 8 ozs of meat jammed in the bun, and was on the specials list for the Thursday night we were there. I had the "TWIN LOBSTER DINNER" which was outstanding!! Steamed just perfect! Lobster might not be a big deal to you guys, but here in Jersey its $25-$30 a pound in the supermarkets, forget about it in the restaurants.....market price could have you taking a second mortgage out on your house!! Most times it is tough and salty, like it was frozen or something, but if its fresh, its cooked wrong anyway, dry, nasty.....
To me, Lobster is something we only eat on vacation, and only up north!

So back to this place, it was good, great, OUTSTANDING even!! Great service with that New England Smile!! Twin lobsters are on the Thursday specials all summer I think she said....we will be back on our next trip up.......TO THE LAKE!!!
wifi (05-30-2015), windsail (05-30-2015)
Old 05-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
kauriel

We love Weathervane's Lobster in the Rough location at the Weirs! Weathervane is currently selling gift cards for 20% off online with promo code BLAST through 6/9/15.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Thanks for the review, need to check it out!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #4
glennsteely

Default Right??

So I guess I got the name right??
Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #5
pjard

Interesting timing of this post as my wife and I went out on the Mount Washington this past Friday. We were a bit early so we stopped in the Weathervane for a beer. We have gone by that place a million times but never gone in. Although we didn't eat, the upstairs area is great, clean, nice views, small but good bar and very friendly service. We were very pleasantly surprised.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsteely View Post
So I guess I got the name right??
Yup. It's owned by Weathervane but they call it Lobster In The Rough. It seems like they call their seasonal locations Lobster In The Rough but most people still call it Weathervane.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
garysanfran

Default FIve of us on Tues. night...

I was worried about taking some very sophisticated palates to Weathervane.

All raved about the place. We sat upstairs with a view of Weirs Beach Blvd. Nice atmosphere.

Two had fried clams. One had steamers. One had scallops. One had ultimate seafood combo. The service (Amy?) was phenomenal.

Easily accessed by boat. My company has left. I almost went there by myself tonight...

I'll be back!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote