Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
Blyblvrd

Default Harbourside Moultonborough?

Hey forum folks,

I'm looking for insights or opinions of the Harbourside community in Moultonborough. I have family looking to purchase a property but aren't familiar with the cove its in.

Before this turns into a Braun Bay water quality discussion we are aware its in its own cove in Braun Bay and we are very familiar with the Braun Bay sandbar.

Our questions are does anyone know what the HOA community is like?
Anyone know what the little cove that Harbourside is in is like? Shallow? Lots of rocks?
Does Braun Bay traffic waves carry all the way to Harbourside shoreline?

Thanks in advance!
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Hey forum folks,

I'm looking for insights or opinions of the Harbourside community in Moultonborough. I have family looking to purchase a property but aren't familiar with the cove its in.

Before this turns into a Braun Bay water quality discussion we are aware its in its own cove in Braun Bay and we are very familiar with the Braun Bay sandbar.

Our questions are does anyone know what the HOA community is like?
Anyone know what the little cove that Harbourside is in is like? Shallow? Lots of rocks?
Does Braun Bay traffic waves carry all the way to Harbourside shoreline?

Thanks in advance!
This is not Braun Bay. The water is very clear, and we wish ours was similar. Years back, as realtors, we sold several properties in Harborside, and we don’t know of any problems with the association. If my memory is correct, each property comes with a deeded dock. I don’t think that Braun Bay would affect Harborside one bit. Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 12-09-2020 at 11:15 PM.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:20 AM   #3
Cal-to-NH

I have never been there, but I know a couple in their 70s that sold a waterfront house and moved there 4 years ago in order to avoid all of the outdoor yard maintenance. They have lived out here on the lake since the 1970s and know every part of the town like the back of their hand. They like it there - every property a detached house/garage. You get your own dock at the communal dock, and someone else takes of the snow and lawn care. I think it's something like 64 acres but all of the houses are in that horse-shoe arrangement leading to the more open grounds leading to the docks.

When people like that go there, who pretty much know everything that's available, you would think it's a good choice!

I have been at social gatherings with them many times since they moved and they like it there a lot...
Cal-to-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
farechofisherman

It's a beautiful area of the lake. Good deep water all the way around Glines Island which is a nice barrier from the busy part of the bay. It is pretty much headway speed throughout the entire cove, which is nice. Great for kayaking, canoeing, and swimming as the water is quite clear. Some lilly pads areas as you move north towards the smaller cove but overall a really nice, rustic and quiet area of the lake with the boat houses etc...
farechofisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #5
Blyblvrd

Thanks everyone for the information. It’s much appreciated by me and my sister. Happy Holidays!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Some notes on Harbor side, from when my parents looked at property in there back in the 90s.....

- HOA fees at that time seemed reasonable
- yes every lot had a dock space
- there where some very interesting covenants such as minimum home size (utlitimate this is what caused my patents to look elsewhere)
- There is a nice little beach area
- it is shielded from the bulk of Braun Bay by an island, of which its name escapes me.
- The docks have nice deep water,
- and access in and out of the area to Braun Bay, is easily navigable.

I have anchored out of the island several times, even when Braun bay is busy, you don't hear much.... overall all it is a nice protected part of the lake.