Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > General Issues
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
Mr. V
Senior Member
 
Mr. V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: the left coast (Portland)
Posts: 643
Default "Drug infested den?"

That is how Trump described the Granite state.

My question: true or false?
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
noreast
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 476
Default

Some areas, But like most things he says there's not much deep thought or reality involved.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:05 PM   #3
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,860
Default Shadow Government?

The Big Issue: can future US policy be made with foreign heads of state, knowing the "Deep State" will publish their conversations?

/
Attached Images
 
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 4,267
Default

In my 21 years living in NH, I have seen the arrests and/or convictions go from marijuana and cocaine to in recent years to far more opioids, with heroin, the fentanyl, and carfentanyl taking front stage with reports of many doses of Narcan administered. All of this information is getting a lot of press. Do we have a drug problem in NH? Yes. How about other states? Of course.

Drug infested den? No. This being uttered from the guy who also said he won the election in NH. Not quite, Bucko. He won the Republican primary only in NH.

He complains about fake news and creates his own.

Dave (registered Republican for decades &#129316

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
rsmlp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
In my 21 years living in NH, I have seen the arrests and/or convictions go from marijuana and cocaine to in recent years to far more opioids, with heroin, the fentanyl, and carfentanyl taking front stage with reports of many doses of Narcan administered. All of this information is getting a lot of press. Do we have a drug problem in NH? Yes. How about other states? Of course.

Drug infested den? No. This being uttered from the guy who also said he won the election in NH. Not quite, Bucko. He won the Republican primary only in NH.

He complains about fake news and creates his own.

Dave (registered Republican for decades &#129316

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Agree with every word you wrote, Dave.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 514
Default

Well, when you witness a woman, obviously, downtrodden and desperate, sitting on the stoop of a convenience store in Franklin, sticking a needle into her wrist in broad daylight, while her male friend keeps watch, I would say we're sadly, heading in the direction of being a "den of drugs"
First time I have ever seen anything like this and I'm sure this scenario repeats itself hundreds of times daily all over our lovely, Granite State.
Very sad.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Well, when you witness a woman, obviously, downtrodden and desperate, sitting on the stoop of a convenience store in Franklin, sticking a needle into her wrist in broad daylight, while her male friend keeps watch, I would say we're sadly, heading in the direction of being a "den of drugs"
First time I have ever seen anything like this and I'm sure this scenario repeats itself hundreds of times daily all over our lovely, Granite State.
Very sad.
Yes, it is very sad. We need to look at one of the root causes- the over prescription of opioid based pain meds.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:31 AM   #8
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,860
Question Root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Yes, it is very sad. We need to look at one of the root causes- the over prescription of opioid based pain meds.
Now I've learned of two next-door neighbors with COPD. (One is a retired deputy—my age—the other 10 years younger and deaf).

They're both long-time "tokers", even in their driveways! They're now tethered to their oxygen bottles.

Very sad.
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.13319 seconds