Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,521
Thanks: 282
Thanked 350 Times in 230 Posts
Default Empty lot next to Watermark on Union Ave

Wondering if anyone knows what they are constructing next to Watermark/Former BugerKing site?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,267
Thanks: 186
Thanked 671 Times in 268 Posts
Default Four Condos

They are being built by LeClair Builders of New Boston. Two buildings will each contain two condominiums. They started work but then the rains came.

Each unit will be three-and-a-half stories, with 2,600 square feet on the first three levels and about 600 square feet in a bonus room. There's a small beach on the property and there will be boat slips.

Not exactly a great location because of the busy street. It will be interesting to see the pricing.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
AC2717
Senior Member
 
AC2717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maynard, MA & Paugus Bay
Posts: 2,078
Thanks: 546
Thanked 243 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
They are being built by LeClair Builders of New Boston. Two buildings will each contain two condominiums. They started work but then the rains came.

Each unit will be three-and-a-half stories, with 2,600 square feet on the first three levels and about 600 square feet in a bonus room. There's a small beach on the property and there will be boat slips.

Not exactly a great location because of the busy street. It will be interesting to see the pricing.
I ponder about the boat slips because there needs to be X amount of frontage to even have one slip especially in Commercial or Commercial Resort, which either of these are. not blaming anyone just curious to the frontage on this parcel of land.

Watermark got a marina status in order to put that docking system and boat ramp in and in order to that you needed to provide 5 out of 7 or 8 services and they have not yet provided the 5 services other than the store.
__________________
Capt. of the "No Worries"
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
WinnisquamZ
Senior Member
 
WinnisquamZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 103
Thanks: 37
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Would guess two units have slips. The others do not


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,521
Thanks: 282
Thanked 350 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
They are being built by LeClair Builders of New Boston. Two buildings will each contain two condominiums. They started work but then the rains came.



Each unit will be three-and-a-half stories, with 2,600 square feet on the first three levels and about 600 square feet in a bonus room. There's a small beach on the property and there will be boat slips.



Not exactly a great location because of the busy street. It will be interesting to see the pricing.


Terrible place for a condominium. Too busy all retail commercial and restaurants. IMO it will take quite a while for them to sell even if the pricing is reasonable


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
TheVoiceOfReason
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Terrible place for a condominium. Too busy all retail commercial and restaurants. IMO it will take quite a while for them to sell even if the pricing is reasonable


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
It may not be an ideal location from the street side, but it's a nice spot from the lake side, plus close to all major conveniences. With 3,200 sqft of living space (as reported in this forum, I haven't fact-checked) and water frontage on Paugus Bay I bet they have a line around the corner to purchase these units at any list price under $1MM. Being close to retail and restaurants isn't a drawback to some, and many folks who live in Metro Boston would still consider Union Ave rural.
TheVoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVoiceOfReason For This Useful Post:
stingray (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,267
Thanks: 186
Thanked 671 Times in 268 Posts
Default

There were always two lots there with two different owners. The Burger King closed in 2007 because they couldn't come to terms with one of the owners. While there was one use for the two combined properties the state permitted the docks. They were attached on the now vacant lot but continued down in front of the Watermark property.

When Watermark purchased their property the owner of the property next door attempted to assert his right to put the docks back in. There was a lawsuit filed and he lost. It was the position of the DES that the 1974 dock permit was contingent that both properties being held together for one purpose.

Watermark has 364 feet of frontage and the subject property has 268 feet. That may be sufficient to get them 4 slips.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,521
Thanks: 282
Thanked 350 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
It may not be an ideal location from the street side, but it's a nice spot from the lake side, plus close to all major conveniences. With 3,200 sqft of living space (as reported in this forum, I haven't fact-checked) and water frontage on Paugus Bay I bet they have a line around the corner to purchase these units at any list price under $1MM. Being close to retail and restaurants isn't a drawback to some, and many folks who live in Metro Boston would still consider Union Ave rural.
We will agree to disagree. Yes the back will have prime frontage on Paugus but in my opinion that does not outweigh the downside of having a home directly on Union Avenue with activity and noise all day and night and if you have children no green space at all to play when you are not on the lake.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #9
TiltonBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gilford, NH and Florida
Posts: 1,267
Thanks: 186
Thanked 671 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
It may not be an ideal location from the street side, but it's a nice spot from the lake side, plus close to all major conveniences. With 3,200 sqft of living space (as reported in this forum, I haven't fact-checked) and water frontage on Paugus Bay I bet they have a line around the corner to purchase these units at any list price under $1MM. Being close to retail and restaurants isn't a drawback to some, and many folks who live in Metro Boston would still consider Union Ave rural.
Not even close. I would disagree that is a nice spot.

Every boat trip starts at the bottom of Paugus Bay and requires a trip through the Channel on the way out, and the way back. Not great on a hot and busy day. If the Union Avenue traffic noise does not bother you then maybe all the vehicles leaving T Bones or McDonalds at late hours might. The boat wakes from all the boats starting out and slowing down from Paugus Bay Marina. Lakeport Landing, Spinnaker Cove, and Irwins will make docking and boat damage at the dock an additional issue to worry about.

With the current market in mind, and comparing them to the recently sold condominiums at Christmas Island, they will not sell for anything close to a million dollars.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
stingray (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
joey2665
Senior Member
 
joey2665's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Meredith Bay & LI, NY
Posts: 1,521
Thanks: 282
Thanked 350 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Not even close. I would disagree that is a nice spot.



Every boat trip starts at the bottom of Paugus Bay and requires a trip through the Channel on the way out, and the way back. Not great on a hot and busy day. If the Union Avenue traffic noise does not bother you then maybe all the vehicles leaving T Bones or McDonalds at late hours might. The boat wakes from all the boats starting out and slowing down from Paugus Bay Marina. Lakeport Landing, Spinnaker Cove, and Irwins will make docking and boat damage at the dock an additional issue to worry about.



With the current market in mind, and comparing them to the recently sold condominiums at Christmas Island, they will not sell for anything close to a million dollars.


Tilton you hit the nail in the head. Great analogy to the new Christmas Island condos that are very nice. If you get 450k for a condo in that spot you would be very lucky.


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,216
Thanks: 786
Thanked 392 Times in 280 Posts
Wink Metro Boston v. Union Avenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
It may not be an ideal location from the street side, but it's a nice spot from the lake side, plus close to all major conveniences. With 3,200 sqft of living space (as reported in this forum, I haven't fact-checked) and water frontage on Paugus Bay I bet they have a line around the corner to purchase these units at any list price under $1MM. Being close to retail and restaurants isn't a drawback to some, and many folks who live in Metro Boston would still consider Union Ave rural.
Schoolchildren in the area can now be taught the meaning of the phrase: "Damning with faint praise".

.
__________________
.Sailing—Good for you and good for the world...
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #12
Woodguy53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Two (possibly 3) of the units are gone. The buyers have been in the area for a number of years and aware of the area, conditions, etc. If you want one you may want to inquire quickly
Woodguy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #13
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,930
Thanks: 187
Thanked 441 Times in 325 Posts
Default

At least these new condo, waterfront residences will be very very very, like a two minute walk away from the nearby McDonald's twin outdoor ordering stations for take-out McDonald's food.

Some people happen to just love the McDonald's burgers, fries, and shakes, and having the takeout just across Union Ave there could get habit forming. Like, instead of going to your refrigerator, you can just take the short walk across the road ….. plus their 18-ounce courtesy paper cup-of-water is excellent quality …. and comes straight out of Paugus Bay at a depth of 18'. https://www.laconianh.gov/242/Water-Quality

And, the McDonald's fish sandwich is Alaska Pollock that supposedly comes all the way from Dutch Harbor, Alaska to Union Ave, Laconia and is so much easier to eat than catching a Lake Winnipesaukee fish and turning it into good tasting food.

And another thing, is also like extremely close to the Saint Vincent de Paul second hand store, https://www.stvdplaconia.org/the-thrift-shop, where the new home owners can get all their new (second hand) furniture and kitchen wares, plus a whole lot of other stuff ….. where the lakes region shops!
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #14
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 306
Thanked 206 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
At least these new condo, waterfront residences will be very very very, like a two minute walk away from the nearby McDonald's twin outdoor ordering stations for take-out McDonald's food.

Some people happen to just love the McDonald's burgers, fries, and shakes, and having the takeout just across Union Ave there could get habit forming. Like, instead of going to your refrigerator, you can just take the short walk across the road ….. plus their 18-ounce courtesy paper cup-of-water is excellent quality …. and comes straight out of Paugus Bay at a depth of 18'. https://www.laconianh.gov/242/Water-Quality

And, the McDonald's fish sandwich is Alaska Pollock that supposedly comes all the way from Dutch Harbor, Alaska to Union Ave, Laconia and is so much easier to eat than catching a Lake Winnipesaukee fish and turning it into good tasting food.

And another thing, is also like extremely close to the Saint Vincent de Paul second hand store, https://www.stvdplaconia.org/the-thrift-shop, where the new home owners can get all their new (second hand) furniture and kitchen wares, plus a whole lot of other stuff ….. where the lakes region shops!
OH BOY! I better rush over to buy one of those condos so I can be close to McDonalds and get that sweet smell of cooking grease though my open windows in the hot summer months. Then I will have to go to Walmart and buy those heavy duty noodles because my kids will be so fat the regular noodles won't keep them afloat.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
pondguy (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #15
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,930
Thanks: 187
Thanked 441 Times in 325 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
OH BOY! Then I will have to go to Walmart and buy those heavy duty noodles because my kids will be so fat the regular noodles won't keep them afloat.
Actually, the sink/floatability buoyancy for the human body works just the opposite. Fat people are much better natural floaters than thin people who are usually sinkers …… so ….. fat floats and thin sinks. People with a higher body mass index are more natural floaters than the low bmi thinner person ….. and thin people have to work harder to tread water.

https://coachsci.sdsu.edu/swim/bullets/float36.htm …. everyone must study this for a 20-question pop quiz, tomorrow at 8-am!
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 306
Thanked 206 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Actually, the sink/floatability buoyancy for the human body works just the opposite. Fat people are much better natural floaters than thin people who are usually sinkers …… so ….. fat floats and thin sinks. People with a higher body mass index are more natural floaters than the low bmi thinner person ….. and thin people have to work harder to tread water.

https://coachsci.sdsu.edu/swim/bullets/float36.htm …. everyone must study this for a 20-question pop quiz, tomorrow at 8-am!
That's good to know. So fattening them up at McDonalds may actually be saving them from drowning so they can live longer and get fatter. I also save money by not having to buy noodles.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #17
Woody38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 317
Thanks: 34
Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
Smile

You are correct. I have to swim soo fast, otherwise I sink. Floating is next to impossible, unless a little hand action helps.
Must visit the fast food shops.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody38 For This Useful Post:
Biggd (12-06-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.19442 seconds